It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans and Latinos in general are more American then you think

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
they are really like Americans in the way that they think and act.

Well, they were born in America....

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
You are a shameless ignorant who would rather someone else spread ignorance, then to let them know that they are in fact incorrect.

I do love that er, code?

Eh I said one message and wanted to let the guy know I did already so he wouldn't waste his time, but sure insult me...that's what the Internet's far apparently.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yes, it's my mistake I think. I'm sure we were taught that in school, though. We might have been, it was a while ago.

It's ok dude, you are from the UK. (Scotland)

Lot's of Americans think Ireland is in the UK.

Lot's of Americans don't know where Mexico is, either.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I grew up in a slum. A ghetto surrounded by ghettos. I've know legal and illegal Latinos for 40 years. Catholic, Baptist, non-religious and atheist. Some are seasonal and work the highway construction industry, some are affluent and work in broadcast journalism, others are gang members and most are just like me, struggling from day to day. Southwest and West Detroit is know as Mexicantown officially now as even the signs on the free way for the exits are printed with this designator.

I've know legal and illegal Arabs* for almost as long. Devout and non-practicing Muslims, Catholics, non-religious, and atheists. Many are sons of small business owners and now run or own the family business, others are electricians and plumbers, and a few are lazy and live off the state. My neighborhood butts up to Dearborn which is the largest Arab* population in the United States.

Poles, Chechs, Lithuanians, Chaldeans, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, Mexican, blacks, whites and mutts. Detroit was a ghetto in the classical sense a long time ago. Each group lived, worked, and played amongst themselves. That changed before I was born thankfully and we became a true "melting pot". I grew up being able to carry a conversation in five languages (lost now with only a few words remaining unless I've been drinking). I can still cook authentic foods from a half dozen countries that most Americans have never heard of.

Dr. King said "judge a man by the content of his character, not the color of his skin" and that should mean everyone. I've always taken it to mean we are all individuals. Some good some bad, some steal and some give away their last scrap of food. There are men (and women of course) that I would give my life for without hesitation and others that I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire. Men I would give the keys to my house and others I wouldn't let in my backyard.

I'm American. Second generation. My father is America of Norwegian descent and my mother is Scots. Yet, the men I mentioned in a good light above are of all racial and national backgrounds, just as are the negative ones.

Content of character is an individual trait and will never be found in a group, regardless of how hard one looks. Of course the inverse is just as true, as lack of character will never be found across an entire people.

*Arab is "Air-rib" just so we are clear and I am not attacked for using a racial slur (tragically I felt compelled to include this statement).
edit on 18-4-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We have large latino communities here and I could care less but I have noticed that they can be a bit inclusive in their hiring practices which must be perfectly legal or something and then there was that time I got refused service for being white at a latino staffed ice cream shop in Alabama. I am just gonna chalk it up to language barriers, convenience, and well....Alabama.
edit on 19-4-2016 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They drink beer and have BBQs like Americans they want their kids educated like Americans and generally speaking I really don't see many other variances.

I've been all over the world. And I can tell you this with absolute certainty.

People are the same the world over.

Everyone wants the same things. They want their families taken care of, they want access to proper healthcare/education, they want to make a living and be left alone with nonsense that does'nt pertain to their lives.

Color, religion, who/what you have sex with are all moot points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join