It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Light In Sky Day Before Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yesterday evening while driving in the countryside in Kumamoto, Japan, my friend and I noticed an orange ball of light in the sky. It would rise just up from behind the mountains, stay for several seconds, and then sink back down. It was bright enough that even when it was behind the mountain, the sky above had a faint glow. We stopped the car to watch it for a few minutes, and then tried to drive closer, but every road we took came to a dead end where the woods started. The area where the light was is called Mashiki.

A few hours ago, Kumamoto experienced a strong earthquake, which is relatively rare for this area of Japan. The epicenter was Mashiki.

In others' opinions, is this just a coincidence? What are some possible explanations for this, whether man made, natural, or supernatural?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

And u 2 are the only ones seeing this large ball?
What were u 2 smoking?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

And u 2 are the only ones seeing this large ball?
What were u 2 smoking?

That was sort of rude. You could have spent a second looking up the phenomenon. Earthquake Light Wiki

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I see Reldra already linked to a possible explanation. The appearance of lights preceding, during and after earthquakes is not unknown. Most experts tend towards the piezoelectric effect. It makes sense to me too. You are fortunate to have witnessed it though, if one can be fortunate to be in the region of an earthquake, that is.

edit on 14-4-2016 by Jonjonj because: wordery

Here is an article you may find interesting:

Livescience Earthquake Lights

edit on 14-4-2016 by Jonjonj because: added linky

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Here's some pictures of the quake itself, but you could google youtube and an appropriate heading to see if anyone saw the lights. There should also be examples from past events, though some are not always definitive, just mistaken sky effects.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ever hear of Father Malachi? He was murdered in the late 90's. Throat cut and tongue pulled out through the slit in his throat. Gangsters called it the punishment for a RAT. The Vatican and the Jesuits call it ..... we warned you about talking too much.

Father Malachi, assistant to many popes in the Vatican, retired and book author said one numerous occasions, "Keep your eyes on the sky" and he REFUSED to clarify as to why..... later he told a few had he told the public why it would start a panic. It has to do with "end times".

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

One question...why are you on this site?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

U2 was there!? I love U2! Who knows what U2 were smoking, most good musicians smoke something.

I'm guessing reldra hit the nail on the head. Almost certainly earthquake lights.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies, guys! I had never heard of earthquake lights. Now I do feel a little lucky to have possibly seen the phenomenon. I am going to look more into it. For now, I see that while its acknowledged to be a real event, the explanations are still just educated theories.

I have seen some crazy things in the skies near that area before, which is why I was paying attention while passing through last night. In the vicinity are an airport (opposite direction of what we saw last night, though), military base, and huge volcano (Mt. Aso). Everything I've seen around there before, I attributed to military, even though I've been to the base and it seems like a ragtag little camp. Anyway, it's a fascinating spot!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In 2016 everyone has a camera phone. If it's less than 4 year old, you can snap even nighttime shots and/or videos very quickly. Surprised that you didn't think of this during the "few minutes" you pulled over to watch this orange ball bobbing around.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Ever hear of Father Malachi? He was murdered in the late 90's. Throat cut and tongue pulled out through the slit in his throat. Gangsters called it the punishment for a RAT. The Vatican and the Jesuits call it ..... we warned you about talking too much.

Father Malachi, assistant to many popes in the Vatican, retired and book author said one numerous occasions, "Keep your eyes on the sky" and he REFUSED to clarify as to why..... later he told a few had he told the public why it would start a panic. It has to do with "end times".

Not to derail this thread about lights in the sky preceding earthquakes, which is not an uncommon phenomena, but Fr. Malachi Martin died from a fall down the steps, he didn't have his throat slit and tongue pulled through.

In 1999, Fr. Malachi Martin fell down stairs while in a wheelchair. Before he died, he reportedly insisted that it was not an accident, but that he had been pushed.
www.tldm.org...

link   
*dp
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

link   
*dp
edit on 4jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In 2016 everyone has a camera phone. If it's less than 4 year old, you can snap even nighttime shots and/or videos very quickly. Surprised that you didn't think of this during the "few minutes" you pulled over to watch this orange ball bobbing around.

Nope, we would never think to take a picture, because you're smart and everyone else is stupid. Have you ever taken a photo of something in the distant sky with a phone? We took a video and it's just a black screen.

I'm not going to be screwing with my phone the whole time something amazing is happening, so that I can post a photo of a blurry spec to a message board, so that you can then call it crap because it just looks like a star or plane.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's a bummer because with unlocking the phone, selecting the app, and finding the shot it takes your focus away from what you are observing.

I've been In the situation a few times and I didn't want to get out my phone and miss something.

Also I don't think I've ever seen even a high quality cell phone camera do the reality justice.

Just my opinion on why people don't always get a picture.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Not to derail this thread about lights in the sky preceding earthquakes, which is not an uncommon phenomena, but Fr. Malachi Martin died from a fall down the steps, he didn't have his throat slit and tongue pulled through.

In 1999, Fr. Malachi Martin fell down stairs while in a wheelchair. Before he died, he reportedly insisted that it was not an accident, but that he had been pushed.
www.tldm.org...

You are right....so now you have me thinking the name of the priest who used to work along side of Father Malachi at the Vatican under Pope John II?

What is his name?

Now I gotta look.

Sorry about the mix up.

edit on 14-4-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You may be interested to know OP...et al, that it turns out that the 'quake was in a strike slip fault zone.
There are scientists working on Earth light phenomena, and according to them, that is where Earth lights are most likely to occur.

See this post by intrptr,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Earth lights info and link below,

"The team found 65 cases that were well documented from North and South America and Europe. Of those cases, 97 percent seemed to happen at faults within continental plates, rather than at subduction zones, or the boundaries where one plate is diving below another. That's despite the fact that most big earthquakes happen at subduction boundaries.

Instead, about 85 percent of the time, lights seemed to happen at places where the tops of the continental plates buckle, creating fissures, or rifts, where the Earth pulls apart.

"You have two sides of a piece of continent are pulling apart and in the middle there's a part that just falls vertically down," often by miles over millions of years, Freund told LiveScience.
These rifts form steep, nearly vertical faults that stretch deep into the Earth's magma, allowing primitive magmatic rocks that were once deep below ground to migrate closer to the Earth's surface"
www.livescience.com...
edit on 14-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

www.tldm.org...

You are right....so now you have me thinking the name of the priest who used to work along side of Father Malachi at the Vatican under Pope John II?

What is his name?

Now I gotta look.

Sorry about the mix up.

I think the priest you refer to is Fr. Alfred Kunz. He was silenced, still unsolved.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

No, not all of us do.

I am one of those grognards who still only has a primitive flipper phone. It does have a camera on it, but it doesn't take high quality photos let alone videos and definitely not at night.

So had it been me, you would have been SOL. Husband does have a smart, but he would have been driving, and I'm not savvy on the ins and outs of using his phone and its features. I can take pics, but that's about it. I wouldn't know how to quickly adjust it for night photography.

So be careful about the assumptions your make.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Piezoelectricity coming from silicates. Imagine the pressure during or before earthquake, apply it to silicates....you have electricity......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join