It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bipartisan group of U.S. Senators urge NBA to move '17 All-Star Game

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Annee

Wait a minute.. You were talking about a transgender 5 year old!
This is getting ridiculous. Five year olds can barely spell and add/subtract. How the hell are they going to understand something so complex as their 'gender identity'
I'm going to have to stand by the original statement.
Let the equipment decide.
After they have the operation, they can use the other one.

You should do more research instead of burying your head in the sand.

What part of "born this way" are you missing? Yes, young kids are transgender. And they know.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
An alternate viewpoint from science:

Gender Dysmorphia

My concern:

That we are ignoring the reality of what is happening, to the detriment of the patient, in order to support a popular social viewpoint. While any one of you will have anecdotal information to share, the clinical observations tend to paint a picture of gender identity issues causing severe psychological stress. That does not feel like a "normal" psychological condition to be in.

Further, clinical evidence seems to point to sexual reassignment, alone, not really being of any help from a therapeutic viewpoint.

Biological treatments for GID without any form of psychotherapy is quite uncommon. Researchers have found that if individuals bypass psychotherapy in their GID treatment, they often feel lost and confused when their biological treatments are complete.[46]

Which may indicate that we aren't talking about women trapped in mens bodies (as an example), but rather a tormented soul that is clinically predisposed to rejecting the body they were born with.

Not that it changes the grand picture (all humans should be treated with respect and humanity). But personally, im more interested in actually understanding it.

ETA: I feel its important to add: transgenderism is not a "sexuality". Its a body state, not a sexual state. People with sexual reassignment are often still hetersexual relative to their original gender. I don't think we can evaluate transgenderism within the same scope as sexuality. They are completely different phenomena.
edit on 4/15/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Gender Dysmorphia

Gotta research who wrote it.

Very, very important on this subject - - where the info comes from.

And dates. Need the most current info.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Gender Dysmorphia

Click it. Its WIkipedia.

The article is a summary derived a multitude of references, typical for Wiki. For what its worth, the summary is pretty spot on with the general consensus in the world of psychiatry.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Bunch of pissants jumping on a wagon for political gain. That doesn't impress me. The NBA will do as it wishes. So they should.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Gender Dysmorphia

Click it. Its WIkipedia.

The article is a summary derived a multitude of references, typical for Wiki. For what its worth, the summary is pretty spot on with the general consensus in the world of psychiatry.

I know.

I was reading the reference links.

Still, there is a lot of bias and misinformation on this subject.

Need Freija.

edit on 15-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You are right. There sure is.

That's why I keep saying that once laws go into effect here, we have opened Pandora's box.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You are right. There sure is.

That's why I keep saying that once laws go into effect here, we have opened Pandora's box.

What really pisses me off about the NC law - - - is that they made it a state law - - nullifying and making it illegal for individual locations to enact their own laws.

That's like making a law in CA that says West Hollywood can't make laws that apply just to their area.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join