It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Gest found dead at London Hotel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another day another death , this time entertainer and producer David Gest has been found dead at the Four Seasons hotel in London.
No cause of death has been given but the report says he had suffered chest pains in the past so perhaps natural causes.

A statement from the Metropolitan Police said: "Police were called at 10:17 on Tuesday 12 April to the Four Seasons hotel, in Westferry Circus to reports of an unexplained death of a man in his 60s. "London Ambulance Service were called to the scene. Life was pronounced extinct at the hotel. A post-mortem will be held in due course. Next of kin are in the process of being informed." Police have said there appear to be no suspicious circumstances.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I kinda liked the guy , he could tell a good story and from what I saw of him seemed to be a decent bloke , of course he had his foibles but don't we all.

Sympathy to his family and friends.
RiP

edit on 12-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He had planned to tour the UK in July with his latest show, called the David Gest Is Not Dead But Alive With Soul Tour!.

How ironic. RIP.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It was from Celebrity Big Brother, someone thought Bowie's wife was referring to him when she said 'David's dead'. I watched it back and it is certainly cringeworthy television.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Have you ever read a book called Mort? Interested people want to know!

About three years ago, me and a friend were walking up Bold Street in Liverpool. There was this funny-looking guy whose face looked like an antique drum - all stretched tight and shiny brown. It was a really big face by any standards.

Without missing a beat, she said, 'Alright David?' His face broke into a quick smile and he said hello back. We walked on.

'Who the f*** was that?' I asked and thought it was a drummer from Bon Jovi.

Fair play to him, he was out there on his own with no body guards. Then again, half of Liverpool has the same tan lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You referring to Terry Pratchett?
Mort taking over DEATH's job? lol - and getting it completely wrong!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah!

I was obliquely implying Gortex is like Death's apprentice and might be doing some insider trading from the obituary market.

Of course, this is tongue-in-cheek and Mr Gortex is someone who knows I'm joking and is held in high esteem

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah!

I was obliquely implying Gortex is like Death's apprentice and might be doing some insider trading from the obituary market.

Of course, this is tongue-in-cheek and Mr Gortex is someone who knows I'm joking and is held in high esteem

Not saying anything other than this but twice now I have seen a UK celebrity death and flicked over to see if ATS has picked up on it yet.

Both times I decided to allow Gortex to do it as it's kind of his job now...

I did take Paul Daniels and Ronnie Corbett though, felt bad about it but could not help myself...

Mort was one of the best books ever and Pratchett knew a lot more than he let on.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It does seem to be becoming a habit , maybe it's because I turned 50

Mortality is a bummer.

Nice anecdote.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's like looking at a conveyor belt heading to the wood-chipper these days. One after the other passing away.

Lemmy, Dave Bowie, Iain Banks, Terry Pratchett. Great people and geniuses in their fields...Ronnie Corbett too.

Mort was a great book

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It does seem to be becoming a habit , maybe it's because I turned 50

Mortality is a bummer.

Nice anecdote.

Maybe it's turning 50? No way.

I put the blame firmly on all these cultural icons dying.

You only post the news, you don't create the news.

new topics

top topics

join