It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Capitol Hill 'Democracy Spring' Protesters arrested.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
source

According to CNN, the number is 400, I have seen passing tweets with numbers up to 2000.

I applaud people willing to take their time out to protest issues, I think we all, are concerned about.

TYT reporter Cenk Yugur aalso arrested.

The video states the arrests were peaceful, there were 'pro police chants'. Also, that is is the highest number of people ever arrested in such a protest.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

i looked at your link but cant seem to understand...why they were arrested ?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Stenk was arrested ? My day has just started of on a very good note.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

The article states 'unlawful demonstration activities'. I am not quite sure what that means.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Stenk was arrested ? My day has just started of on a very good note.
Thanks

Only the immature make up funny names for people.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A queue of people "waiting to be arrested"? In effect, volunteering themselves to be arrested in order to make their point? Is that the deal?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The article states 'unlawful demonstration activities'. I am not quite sure what that means.

Some places in Washington DC are off-limits to protestors. However , following George Soros and moveon.orgs marching orders , they did so anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
A queue of people "waiting to be arrested"? In effect, volunteering themselves to be arrested in order to make their point? Is that the deal?

Apparently, they had the idea they would be arrested if they were asked to leave and did not. It was part of the plan to make a point.

They didn't get in line and wait to be arrested, they were directed to an area to be arrested once refusing to leave.
edit on 12-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Apparently, they had the idea they would be arrested if they were asked to leave and did not. It was part of the plan to make a point.

I wonder if that will make any sort of difference towards the issues they are hoping to push through. Maybe I'm just hopelessly pessimistic about these things...but I doubt 400 or even 3500 will make any difference.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oh, please do forgive this humble one and his too soft touch key keyboard......used to the old buckling spring.
This new-fangled Razer BlackWidow types what it wants to sometimes...

edit on 6201630060420166 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I applaud people willing to take their time out to protest issues, I think we all, are concerned about.

I think you over-estimate what you are concerned about, versus the rest of society.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I wonder if that will make any sort of difference towards the issues they are hoping to push through. Maybe I'm just hopelessly pessimistic about these things...but I doubt 400 or even 3500 will make any difference.

One can always hope. Several thousand more protesters are expected this week.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I think you over-estimate what you are concerned about, versus the rest of society.

Getting money out of politics, corruption, corruption in big banks...a whole host of things are being protested. They are things that people complain about on here every day.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I think they have the wrong approach to it and are blaming the wrong things in their quest.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Getting money out of politics, corruption, corruption in big banks...a whole host of things are being protested. They are things that people complain about on here every day.

While we can agree on some of the sources of the issues, their paradigm of the problem and solutions involve more government. That is where the dividing line is. More government = more corruption. I would expect no less from Soros Lemmings.

Hence, these precious snowflake SJW's represent a minority of a minority of society.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

There is a saying in my country about "Hope"...

...she's a who**

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

While we can agree on some of the sources of the issues, their paradigm of the problem and solutions involve more government. That is where the dividing line is. More government = more corruption. I would expect no less from Soros Lemmings.

Hence, these precious snowflake SJW's represent a minority of a minority of society.

Where do you see the protesters asking for more government? Suddenly those that protest problems in government are precious snowflake SJWs? Protest is a legitimate tool to bring attention to issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That argument, although somewhat true, is a bit of a fallacy:

They are protesting things that we should ALL worry and care about. Sure Occupy Wall Street was a farce that didn't really get anything done, but if this election cycle has taught us anything, is that even people who should have NO chance to get things done, may be the only people who do.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think they have the wrong approach to it and are blaming the wrong things in their quest.

Why is protesting a wrong approach? Which things are they blaming that you find to be incorrect?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Where do you see the protesters asking for more government? Suddenly those that protest problems in government are precious snowflake SJWs? Protest is a legitimate tool to bring attention to issues.

I have seen their list of demands to increase government regulations. Voter registration, banking controls, pretty much the current social progressive wet dreams.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join