It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence in dreams - Is this normal for everyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Does everyone have an occasional dream where there is lots of violence such as fights, killings, and/or death? Years ago, I once heard someone state that they had a really violent dream and it was the most violent dream they ever had. This person stated that he hit someone. I was thinking is that all? I couldn't believe that some people may have only peaceful dreams.

One of my dreams ended with millions or billions of people getting vaporized in nuclear blasts in a war. That dream wasn't really a knock down drag out violent dream but it was really sad. It seemed so real too which was scary.

I am actually very peaceful but in my dreams it's not unusual for me to engage in combat and kill without a second thought if the need arises. Some of those combat dreams do seem weird if you remember (after waking up) using weapons which you have never seen before or at least not close up.

An odd thought popped up, maybe I'm a dream warrior if there is such a thing.

So are there people out there who only have peaceful dreams?

[edit on 13-1-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Certainly not I. I distinctly remember one dream (I was thinking about this just the other day too because it was one of my few dreams in black and white) where I was hunting someone with the intent to kill. I woke up before I got to that part though. I know I've had other violent dreams, but I tend not to remember the details of those long term and I suck at keeping a dream journal. In general, my dreams are wrought with turmoil, dispair, and disappointment, though I do have some that aren't. It's an odd feeling to wake up from those dreams of happiness and joy...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Violent dreams arent really a rarity with me, ive kicked many a peoples a$$ while in dreams. lol. There have been several dreams of mine where i was in fist fights, and gun fights. Nothing more drastic than that though. I actually enjoy those dreams, they are quite exciting, and real.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ishari
It's an odd feeling to wake up from those dreams of happiness and joy...

I agree with this

It's normal to dream violent dreams, otherwise how would we no what peace was?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
One of the most violent dreams ive ever had is one in which i died. It wasnt great fun. It all started, i was sitting back in my old high school, looking out of the windows, and i saw planes dropping bombs, not big bombs, like nukes, but ones that caused small explosions.. almost grenade like. So i ran out, and there many men outside of the school, with full automatic firearms, and all of the students scattered everywhere, but they were only after me, so i took off running of course, i was unarmed, and then i couldnt run anymore, i was like paralyzed, i was doing everything i can to try to run, but i couldnt move forward, and they were catching up quick. I just turned my back to them, and tried to run again, and i felt bullets strike my back, and then fly out of my chest, blood splattering everywhere, and then i woke up sweating. Its on helluva irratating feeling when you cant move, and people are after you.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've seen planes hit buildings, planes explode in the air and Birmingham (UK) get nuked. I've met the Antichrist in my dreams and chopped Satan's head off with a sword.

Freud would have a field day

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Chopped Satans head off eh? Sounds like fun, i wish i was the one responsible for the beheading of satan! lol. Was the Anti Christ a recognizable figure in todays society? Or just some dude?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sometimes, right before I fall asleep, I'll dream of a car swerving at me, or someone kicking a ball at my head, and I duck to dodge it, and it wakes me up.

Always freaks me out, and then I can't sleep after that.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
Was the Anti Christ a recognizable figure in todays society? Or just some dude?

I knew him in the dream but he wasn't anyone I recognise. (Not Dubya unfortunately)

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Now that is really scary
someone is meeting with the Anti Christ in their dreams. I had one dream where I remember slicing off someone's head in one swing. It was self defense and I remember thinking that was cool in my dream. Enjoying acts of violence in my dreams might put me on Freud's list too. It can get disturbing just remembering some of those violent dreams though.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Skipping through, MOST of my dreams aren't just violent, there ultraviolent. Just the other night I dreamed that I murdered someone (no-one I know), and removed their head and hands so they couldn't be Identified.

Anyway, I think If you have violent dreams, Its most likely because of one of two things:
1: Violence is a normal occurance in your life.
2: You're frustrated about something and need to relieve your tension.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
gear, i reckon that there's something that's disturbing you at the moment which you need to face.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nah, I've always been like that, I reckon it's because of where i grew up...
And those dreams are handy if i ever need to...you know...

Urn

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i dont usually have very violent dreams (at least not many that i remeber), but i accasionlly have them.

one in particular was quite vivid. i was having a sword fight with some guy,and aperantly i was VERY proficient, i was fending off his attacks but wasn't going on the offencive because i really didnt want to kill him, and i knew i could beat him, he oviously had no qualms about killing me....(there was like a huge battle going on, people fighting all around us)

then i realized that he wasn't going to stop until i killed him, so the first opening i saw, i lunged at him and brought the sword to his throught (i averted my gaze because i didnt want to watch)

the most vivid part was that i could feel the edge of the blade actually grip his flesh as i started the slice, then i could feel it break the skin, and felt the follow through as the blade sliced through his throat

then i got jumped by a bunch of guys and went on a slaughtering rampage...

the sensation of the blade going through the guys throat felt so real that i got chills when i thought about for a few days after....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
my dreams are either sexual with many hot women or a dream in which i play a hero type role. and yes when being the "hero" i do commit many vile acts seeing how i'm a dark hero and not a regular one. so mutilation and torturing is part of it.

if i dream anything else i know it's either a vision or a message

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I've seen planes hit buildings, planes explode in the air and Birmingham (UK) get nuked. I've met the Antichrist in my dreams and chopped Satan's head off with a sword.

Freud would have a field day

Indeed! and Jung as well!

Violence in dreams is perfectly normal. It is usually associated with some discharge of anger through the use of thickly veiled metaphors and symbols.

MK

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think most people get violent or disturbing dreams now and again i have some very odd dreams. There are online dream dictionaries. I found if you check out the meanings of dreams on several sites you get a better overall explanation as some sites say different things.

I dreamt of a man with 3 lungs the other night so he told me!!!!?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I am actually very peaceful but in my dreams it's not unusual for me to engage in combat and kill without a second thought if the need arises. Some of those combat dreams do seem weird if you remember (after waking up) using weapons which you have never seen before or at least not close up.

An odd thought popped up, maybe I'm a dream warrior if there is such a thing.

...may well be able to relate to what you experience. From a young age I experienced extremely violent dreams, fighting and not just punching and kicking...but extreme bloodthirsty disembowling and things that would turn most peoples stomachs. During those dreams I would also be 'coached' in how to fight, when and how to block/reverse the opponents attacks, strike points to disable/kill etc...also 'coached' in weapon usage, particularily firearms.

What is interesting is that the weapons I was 'coached' on in my dreams were both actually weapons and weapons that looked rather futuristic...even more interesting was that when in later life I became more involved with weaponary and encountered those weapons/firearms in real life...what I was 'taught' in my dreams like how to fieldstrip them, modify them, utilise them etc was 100% accurate. This leads me to believe there was more to those dreams than a simple vivid imagination.

What was also interesting was the 'format' those dream took. They were not essentially the stereotypical dream format of being in a combination of '1st Person' (from your own eyes) and '3rd Person' (the floating external/detached God Consciousness view). Rather the dreams were WHOLELY 1st person...as if it was in real life.

After the battle however the perspectives changed. My perspective went wholely 3rd Person...like I was watching the battle...indeed, it was very much like that...as the format was one of a coaching 'replay/analysis of the battle' if you will. 'I' would be viewing the battle/fight unfold from the beginning...and then during that viewing the 'action' would freeze, zoom in, reverse and playback 'frame by frame'...all the while an 'inner voice' would be pointing out where I went wrong, or what I did right...messages like "You should have blocked here" or "Next time step back on your left foot, block with your left forearm and strike with a closed fist to the opponents sternum"...or it would zoom up on areas of their body the opponent had left open for attack and instruct me how to strike those areas. The same 'method of instruction' took place after any dream battle with weapons...a complete rundown, blow by blow with instructions of how to better attack my opponent/s or utilise whatever weapon I had at the time.

There is far far more to this as you may imagine. And perhaps I'll share a bit more in this thread later. As these dreams also involved an 'alien' element to them, as well as a demonic/spiritual element...and also physical manifestations of any 'injuries' I sustained during those dreams.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i have a recurrent dream of me beeing attacked by a pcak of werewolves... i got used to it ...but it keeps happening and its pretty bloody and nasty...sometimes i die ... sometimes i become one of them...go figure...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ive never been the type to get any kind of recurring dreams. Since you do, or have, i was wondering, do you remember in your dream that you have had that dream before? lol. To where you arent scared anymore, or whatever the case may be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join