It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence in dreams - Is this normal for everyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i always have dreams that i kill a snake, then i rip it into shreads with my bear hands

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I remember a recurring dream where I would get shot in the heart and immediately wake up. This dream sequence kept repeating at least 4 or 5 times that I remember now years later but I do remember dreaming the same dream at least two nights in a row. I wouldn't remember the dream was repeating until after it was too late and I was shot again. When I finally did remember in my dream and remembered the room which I was shot in, I changed the dream and then it never happened again.

In the dream I believe I was the leader of a military team of somewhere between 4 to 6 guys all dressed up in black outfits. We broke into a secure building easily getting past the buildings security defenses which consisted of security key card panels and infrared lasers in the hallways. After going through a few rooms and hallways I remember we entered a large dark room with lots of metal chairs (it looked like a meeting room). Anyway one guy on my squad accidently made some noise by bumping into one of the metal chairs. Almost immediately, we heard a door open on the opposite end of this room and bullets starting flying everywhere in our direction. I think I remember getting 2 or 3 hits to my chest with one going to my heart. I believe that one going to my heart was the killing shot. I would immediately wake up and then kept repeating this same sequence as if I was stuck in an annoying time loop. When I finally remembered the large room with metal chairs, I led my squad to go around the back side of that room where we shot some enemy soldiers and we lived to dream another dream.

I'm not sure why but when it comes to violent dreams, it seems more enjoyable to get down and dirty in the first person perspective in dreams than it does to totally annihilate the opponents from existence. Although doing that can satisfy too.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i don't remember alot of the dreams i have, but for most of them, i can understand that i am "in a dream state" and can control the outcome once I realize that's where I am...it's a weird feeling...if you're able to convince yourself you're in a dream it all becomes easy...it took years for me to be able to realize the difference, but it can be alot of fun once you get it..

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I like using weapons in my dreams, swords are the best. It's probably a good thing I'm damage-death resistant in my dreams, I usually just shrug off bullets that hit me without any ill-effect.

A cool lucid dream I had recently involved me flying in a manner in which I had total control over how and where I was flying. But the fun really starts when I grabbed a semi w/trailer headed towards me, picked it up while flying, and then dropped it sideways across the road. I continue destroying other vehicles in this way, including an armored truck carrying millions of dollars! I ripped open the side of it like it was tinfoil and that exposed the money inside. At that point I felt myself waking up and I couldn't stay in the dream.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
Ive never been the type to get any kind of recurring dreams. Since you do, or have, i was wondering, do you remember in your dream that you have had that dream before? lol. To where you arent scared anymore, or whatever the case may be.

no..in the dream i dont emember that i dreammed that before. and its always scares me ...i always wake up either sweating or gasping for air ...ow ell...what can you do ?? lol

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
i don't have violent dreams. but when i have woken up in the night, i have extremely violent thoughts and it scares the # out of me. i'l lbe trying to fall asleep and i'll just be picturing the most horrible things. for example, i was trying to sleep when all i could think about was stabbing my friend, this girl in my german class. she's really a nice girl and we are friends, and i have no reason to feel this way, i just do at night sometimes. or i am convinced that there is someone in my room, but they are invisible or soemthing? i don't know. i always think that if i take a picture of my room at that time i will see on the camera some man with a huge knife or seomthing, waiting to kill me. or something weird like that. its not that i'm afraid of the dark, or anything like that, because i have always had trouble sleeping. i don't know, does this happen to any one else?

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ive never really had dreams where im violent its mostly me being attacked or a friend being attacked and im watching. This one dream involved an old lady and quarters i had 2 dreams of this where i was in a bathtub and she was asking my friends brother for quarters after i didnt answer her and i could hear her screaming and killing him when he opened the door for her.Another dream involved me being afraid to go to bed and at the top of the stairs was dollie parten so i got some relatives to go with me and she took them into a near bedroom and murdered them in front of me. The last dream i can remeber has happened alot involving kids wanting to kill me and showing up out of nowhere in dreams that have nothing to do with them and trying to drag me away and kill me.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have had a dream where I have goting tangled up in barbed wire and it was very vivid. Some times when I have a dream where Im fighting someone I cant fight back or when I do its very weak.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i've had a REALLY WEIRD experience with violent dreams. i had a dream about 2-3 years ago while me and my friends went camping.

in the dream, i was in this small room. inside the room, there were like lockers/metal file cabinets for storing files all aligned on the walls of the room. there was no door or any windows and no way of me getting out of the room.

also inside the room were a group(2-3) guys. they didn't really have any distinct faces of people i know or have seen in my life. in the dream, i remember they were trying to jump(hurt) me. i ended up getting in a fist fight with the other guys in the room and i was swinging my fists at them back and forth.

after about 2 minutes(estimate) of fighting in the dream, i ended up waking up to the sound of one of my friends screaming "stop". i turned on my flashligt and saw his face had been starting to swell up because while i was dreaming, i had been hitting him in the face with my fists. he said i just started hitting him for no reason, and then i quickly told him i wasn't conscience and had a dream where i was fighting people. THIS SCARED the living sh*t out of me...i had no idea how this could happen or how it was even possible. if anyone knows how this could happen i'd really like to know some information on it..

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i've had dreams where i've seen rapes happen, robberies involving, gunshots and i seen and smelt the blood, stabbings i've even dreamt of children being tortured and seen their pieces ( a severed 8 yr. old decapitated head) i don't know why we dream what we do. some of mine i don't want to wake up from and some are just plain demonic and fighting spiritual battles so i don't think you're the only one.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1209
... because while i was dreaming, i had been hitting him in the face with my fists. he said i just started hitting him for no reason, and then i quickly told him i wasn't conscience and had a dream where i was fighting people.

I believe that there are lots of other people with your sleep condition out there. There is a name for it but I don't remember at the moment. My older brother sometimes suffers from the same condition and it has really scared him on occasion on what he has done. Perhaps some people call it sleepwalking.

My older brother is very careful not to watch any movies which would cause him to dream about fighting it out with anyone. I believe he is very careful of what tv shows he watches before going to sleep at night because of the fear of accidently hitting or injuring his wife while fighting in a dream. He has martial arts skills and can shoot a gun very well too so he definitely doesn't want to accidently start using any of those skills in a dream where he is sleepwalking.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
i don't know why we dream what we do. some of mine i don't want to wake up from and some are just plain demonic and fighting spiritual battles so i don't think you're the only one.

I will agree that some or many dreams may be a reflection of a conflict even if it's only an intellectual conflict in your head. For example I had a conflict with an idea in one book. I read in the book that you could not marry within your own race. This was the method in the book to end all racism because all races would merge into one after several years. Anyway, the thought conflict of not being able to marry other people like yourself created a very powerful disturbing and violent dream. I didn't realize just how opposed I was to the idea until that dream.

At least one or two other extremely violent dreams I've had seemed to be like they were demonic inspired. Fortunately those dreams didn't repeat. What scared me most about those extremely violent evil dreams was not experienced within the dream but after I woke up and remembered what I did in the dream and how I felt in the dream.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have one where I watch myself kill myself. So if you want to interpret this one feel free.

I am obviously floating in a void. All black except for this stunning bed. Everything on the bed is red (linens) ... I see myself sleeping in the bed, watch myself crawl out from under the bed, and slit my own throat.

So no .. you are not alone in the violent department.

*Z*

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Does anyone feel real pain in these dreams? I've had violent dreams for years but the pain of what happens in the dream I seem to feel for real. I've been punched, kick, trod on, shot, stabbed etc, etc; (being stabbed felt much worse than being shot) But the pain from this has felt so real on many an occasion it's woke me up in pain and I didn't want to go back to sleep. I've woke up clutching wounds that didn't exist. It's happens rarely but it's very freaky when it does, and very painful. Real or imagined my brain seems to interpret it as real pain.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The only real pain that I remember was one time when my fist hit a cinder block wall right beside my bed while I was fighting in a dream. Actually it didn't really even hurt much then but I did have some blood on my fingers. It was more like some minor scratches. It wasn't like I broke any bones. Fortunately, there was no hole in the wall either. I don't recall feeling pain in my dreams.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No I haven't had pain last from a dream. But the most vivid thing that I can remember is a kiss.
When I was about 15 I dreamt I kissed this kid I knew way back in middle school. I was that age again to. When I woke up I still felt it.

*Z*

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1209
after about 2 minutes(estimate) of fighting in the dream, i ended up waking up to the sound of one of my friends screaming "stop". i turned on my flashligt and saw his face had been starting to swell up because while i was dreaming, i had been hitting him in the face with my fists. he said i just started hitting him for no reason, and then i quickly told him i wasn't conscience and had a dream where i was fighting people. THIS SCARED the living sh*t out of me...i had no idea how this could happen or how it was even possible. if anyone knows how this could happen i'd really like to know some information on it..

Well, when you sleep, there is a specific type of impulse that your brain puts out to keep you from moving around and acting out your dreams. Now, what happens to sufferers of sleep paralysis is that they wake up, but the impulse has not deactivated, rendering them completely paralyzed, except for your eyes and audio (even your vocal cords are frozen). What happened to you was the opposite. While you were asleep, for some reason (probably that the dream was so vivid) your brain decided that you really were awake and the impulse shut off, meaning that you started to act out your dream. Or at least that's my guess. Sleepwalkers suffer from the same problem, and it can get to be a problem, but if you haven't really done that since, then there's really not much to worry about. But I think that your friend is going to think twice about taking you camping with him from now on

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
ive killed people point blank in my dreams.

execution style.

but im mostly a pacifist in real life. pretty weird....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join