It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DO yuo want proof of alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

We have the right to protest, just watch out for the tear gas and rubber bullets.

Let them eat war, right?

If factions within the federal government publically acknowledged the existence of extraterrestrial beings, far too many questions would be asked by the public. This would lead to further misinformation via the media.

You may have public disclosure, but how much of it will you be able to trust?

MK

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i think the planet nibiru is coming back in 2012
see theory here

i dont believe there are aliens on this planet -nibiru- (if it exists, but obviously i think it does), but if they are around they will make themselves known to help us thwart the ill effects it would have.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well guys everyone has a good point on this subject and it appears that it may not be as simple as I would like for it to be. However I do think that we need to voice our disapproval to the government in their non-disclouser of aliens. Hell who knows maybe it would take just one congressman interested enough to get the ball rolling.

Such legislators who pursue this usually end up dead, either politically (through ridicule) , or in the physical sense....just ask former MJ-12 member Mr. Forrestal....

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

Let them eat war, right?

OOH, excellent Bad Religion song.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War
Hmm...i wasnt saying that you live on your knees, just that's it's a figure of speech and a good metaphor for whether or not you're at the mercy of your government. Which although you may not agree, i do believe is the case in the U.S. I strongly believe they control the people in this country, and not the other way around...this is not the same democracy our fore fathers created. Anyways you totally went off topic here, i was speaking mainly on the subject of government disclosure of UFO knowledge. Many other countries come clean about reported UFO activity in their region. Mexico is a good example.

Also, i believe there's only so much the citizens of this country can do to fix problems and change government. At some point the buck will stop at a higher up who will make the final decision to shut our asses down. FFS we dont even directly elect our president, the electoral college does. Look at what happened during the 2000 presidential election in Florida for example depicted in Fahrenheit 9/11. When the Black community's representatives stood up to protest the rigged election they were ignored.

This having been said, I also believe it is necessary for a government to keep certain secrets from its people when it is a matter of national security. That, my peeps, is how you keep the nation secure.

But how far should that go, and at what cost? How many lives have been ruined or lost to keep these secrets? Look at the toxic waste problems employees of Area 51 suffered in the 90's. There is a point when clandestine secret black projects become illegal, although there's nothing we can do about it since they are clearly above the law. Personally i think some of the people who keep these kinds of secrets are out of control.

All very good and very valid points.

As has been said, this is indeed a complex issue without a simple "black & white" solution... I commend each of you for furthering the discussion, as this is how we further thought, incerase awareness, and eventually find the solution that is a "best fit" for us all.

I myself happen to believe that we in fact have "lost our way" from our Jeffersonian democratic roots of the "citizen statesman," that politics was never intended to be a carreer, and that, yes, changes are in order.

I just happen to believe in a more gradual and passive approach... read on...

You know, half a lifetime ago, I was a little surf-monkey / skate rat with an anarchistic "skate and destroy" philosophy on life. I didn't give a dman about anyone or anything, and never expected to see my 21st birthday. I had no respect for myself, my life, or the lives of thsoe around me... and forget about anyone else... and this was wayyyyy before everyone decided to be a rebel -- "Hey... let's all be unique!"

Anyway, I mention this simply to illustrate that over time, we change... we grow... this growth takes place on spiritual, emotional, and mental levels, and at some point, the brighter of you will (hopefully) reach a time in your life when you realize that the growth never stops...

And when this epiphany strikes, you tend to reassess where you should direct your focus and efforts... and soon you realize there is a balance, a balance to everything in life... And that sometimes there is more to be gained through introspection and self-awareness than there is through fighting every battle that you can see... that sometimes, in the end, a stronger you makes for a stronger proponent of change.

This having been said, if I met myself at 17, I would probably would have to kick my own a$$... God knows I could have used it...

Anywayz -- as mentioned, good thread -- great discussion...

[edit on 13-1-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
sdrumrunner, That was excellent, A true realization of life when it not to late to make a difference for yourself, with hopes for others, by your words that have been shared.... Even in that (expressing in words) is not easy to do when you want to be perfectly understood for a reason... Your doing Good my friend!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Anyway, I mention this simply to illustrate that over time, we change... we grow... this growth takes place on spiritual, emotional, and mental levels, and at some point, the brighter of you will (hopefully) reach a time in your life when you realize that the growth never stops...

THis is a very good explanation. Thanks for that. I was wondering something though, do you beleive that some people "grow" faster than others...? That some people can be developed and grown to a very high point at what is generally thought of to be a young age? i hope this makes sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
``They`` won`t admit to extra-terrestrial contact and visitation to Earth.Not in the next 2decades by the least.Its too soon.And i agree for them to keep this away.Look im just asmuch into freedom of speech,freedom of knowledge,and freedom expression like the next person,but when it comes to keeping the world from more danger than it has now,then i`d rule that out.Why?

If `they` release the truth of extra-terrestrials,you all know what will happen.Im not to ``groovy`` about them been incontrol of our nation like many of the demograts,but i agree that they should keep this information away,atleast for sometime.I dont want to see mass looting,the loss of faith in reliegon by millions,and people preaching about the end of the world.We already have enough problems.The world isnt ready to know this,well atleast most.Many of you might be.But think about the many people who will put thier lives in danger due to learning about the greys and others existance.We`r not ready.And for once,i agree on the government holding this from the majority of the worlds population.Same to the other worldleaders.

Think about howmuch the world endured just in the last 5years.Think about howmuch problems we still have tp deal with.Look to those UFO reliegons.5 people committed suicide,because of their UFO reliegon and their belief that when they die,the will be sent to the outter limits of the universe,they risked their lives.I feel for their families to have to handle this.

My clear opinion,wait until all these problems go away,well most of them.Wait till Osama gets caught,wait until those asian nations recover,wait until all the bigwars,e.g war on terror,tension between US towards Iran and N.korea end.We can never make a perfect world.But we can end those big problems for the time been.If we do,then i feel the world is ready,but not now,toomuch problems,this vast population cant handle anymore.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
THis is a very good explanation. Thanks for that. I was wondering something though, do you beleive that some people "grow" faster than others...? That some people can be developed and grown to a very high point at what is generally thought of to be a young age? i hope this makes sense.

Thx, and yessir, I very much do believe that this developmental growth curve varies from one person to the next... Life is a series of lessons, and the faster you can learn them, the faster you progress on this curve.

I think the one area of growth that cannot necessarily be accelerated is that of emotional growth. I would have disputed that some time ago, but now I realize how true it is... time tempers one's essence much like it ages fine wine, or heals deep wounds, and in these ways, there is no substitute for time. An example as it relates to my personal life that I think you might enjoy:

Just several years ago -- going on five -- I was overseas on business, and on this trip, had already been in country for six months. It had been a particularly stressful day when, to make a long story short, an arguement with a security guard escalated, and he took a swing at me through the driver's window of my car.

Now... freezing this moment in time, looking back, regardless of how pissed I was, truth of the matter is my reaction was my choice. And while I felt justified in my reaction at the time, with every choice comes a consequence.

I pummelled that security guard. The second time I hit him, he crumpled to the ground like a wet sheet.

That was precisely when I felt that hard on the back of my head. Turns out the security guard was a Muslim. And I just happened to be in a predominantly Muslim part of town. Turns out that when pissed-off white foreigner fights one Muslim, he fights every single one within earshot.

Within less than a half-minute, I was backed up against my car, with a very upset min-mob of about 12-16 pissed-off Muslims, including one foot-cop with a lathi stick...

To make a long story less long, the owner of the building (where the security guard worked), who also happened to be Muslim, came down and saved my ass. I was blessed to walk away without a scratch. My car, however, got fugdup.

That evening, after a call from the person with whom I was doing business (in the building where the incident took place), I met him and the security guard at a nearby restaurant, to pay "good will" -- essentially one month's salary for the guard and the cost of his medical treatment, which together came to about $20. I was told that life would have become very difficult for me should this man have returned home that evening for his family and friends -- cousins, brothers, uncles, etc. -- to see his condition and find out what happened to him. I was told that now when he returned home, he would be telling them how "nice" of a man I was, to pay for his treatment and give him "good will" follwing our "misunderstanding."

Okay. End of story.

Looking back, I was dman lucky to walk away that day. If the flip of the coin had come up tails, I very likely could have been burnt alive, and as everyone knowns, this would be one helluva buzzkill to an otherwise perfectly mediocre trip.

Now, five years wiser and more mature, I realize that though I "reacted," I was responsible for how I chose to react.

Now looking back, I see how I was aco#able for the situation, how I could have avoided the whole mess just by never giving the security guard a reason to take a swing at me in the first place...

I was about 30 then, and am 35 now, so figure in the past five years, I have increased my knowledge base proportionately -- say 16%. However, just in the past five years, my psychological growth -- my accumulation of understanding of everything I have learned in the past 3 1/2 decades -- has grown at least 200%.

You are blessed if you find that you do seem to "grow" in this way faster than others...

But it's what you do with that knowledge that counts. Learn from other's, so your lessons can progress beyond their own. And using that approach, learn as much as you can, as at some point in time, it will all start making sense.

And never forget how fallible we all are. In any interpersonal conflict, always look to how you could have handled the situation better, no matter who is at fault. This helps one remain humble, and IMHO, one must have abject humilty to walk the path to enlightenment.

I know most of the latter part of that seemed a bit random, but I never know when I just might decide to pull the plug from this board and fade back to black, so I'm handing out all the advice I can in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Listen I understand we have alot of problems in the world and people feel we are not ready for the truth but the problems are going to get worse with global warming, fossil fuel depletion, ect.. Hell what gives the government the right to kill people to keep the truth from us. When will it be the right 'time" when we are ready. I am ready right now.

I just want my constitutional rights to the truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Everyone may want to check out this link.

www.voy.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
Everyone may want to check out this link.

www.voy.com...

Thx T4A... This one is new to me.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
the reason they wont disclose et information is because they have too much too lose.the gov't would lose all control.people would be furious that this information has been kept from them for many years.all hell would break loose.people would lose faith in their religion and personally i dont think thats a bad idea.before you bash me it is my belief that religion is just a form of control.i believe in god and thats about it you can take all that church,vatican,etc.. and shove it.i'm still waiting for the true bible to be found or "released".

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The perfect way to achieve disclosure: large armed angry mob

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ok Paladin327

Let's come armed but not with the bullets. Just a simple e-mail or two or three from EVERYONE here on this site to your congressman will do. I still believe a massive increase for disclouser of the public to the goverment will get the ball rolling.

We have a great tool with internet to use " the pen" not the sword.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Write a letter? WTF? Ya know in Canada the scariest thing somebody can do is threaten to write a letter. Better be carefull or I'll write a letter! said the angry Canuck.

From past experience, all a letter does is get tossed in the garbage. Your just killing trees. The gov't can't be forced to do anything it doesn't want BUT it sure can force you to do something it wants!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
BattleofBatoche

Frist of all no trees will be killed just electrons.

Second is that I do not expect a direct response but possible a reaction.

MAYBE from THEM.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Write a letter? WTF? ... From past experience, all a letter does is get tossed in the garbage.

I disagree. I have held no less than four face-to-face meetings with my local congressman's chief of staff following complaints and/or issues, including requesting (and receiving) their assistance with an issues which required "rocking the boat" with other institutions.

There are already a couple politicians friendsly to the issue. All it needs is now is awareness and momentum, and yes, a million letters, faxes, and e-mails will have some measurable effect.

Will it mean the "end game," and the complete disclosure of all govt./ET related issues? Of course not. But for any wall to come down, one must first remove the first brick.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
thanks sdrumrunner

Everyone else seems to think this is a bad approach with my thread about getting the masses envolved with letters. (but what could it hurt?)

So does anyone have another suggestion to getting the TRUTH about aliens from the governement.

MAYBE elect me for congress> HA HA.

But seriously WE can be very powerfully in our desires to know the truth about our visitors. It is just how to use OUR masses and info we have.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Truthforall]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would hardly consider us at the mercy of our govornment. All govornments lie, thats what they are supposed to do. If any govornment were to ever tell the truth, they would become extinct. That said........

Who is to say publically announcing ET presence is a good thing? One must sniff the population for a bit to see if they might be ready. Maybe disclosure is NOT a good thing, as perhaps people will freak out, with all the different belief systems under the gun, perhaps people would stop going to work, investing in stocks, ect. Or maybe nothing would happen.

They dont need to parade alien bodies and flying saucers about to disclose. Just simply say, yes E.T. is here, and he aint bothering no one, so have a nice day and resume your lives folks. Pretty simple.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join