It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, Why Do People Support Donald Trump?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

If you want a real comparison why not add up the numbers of dead - murdered at the hands of the Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State and Hitler during WW2. Hitler still leads that disgusting race, but Hillary is closing fast. Eight years of her in office and she just might surpass the Austrian dictator.

I think the only way to properly counter such absurdity is to use your own words:

The fact you are even making a comparison is simply crazy and leads me to believe you have been led by those with an interest in making this comparison for political purposes.

I do so love it when people put their own foot in their mouths. The fact that it was done in one single post is even more hilarious.

You seem a little intense.
Definitely got under your skin it seems - not intentional on my part... Try to let go of it, you will feel better

Oh, don't be so arrogant. You may think you've gotten under my skin, but at this point it's light comedic entertainment.

You really have no clue, do you?

Hillary Clinton has to take responsibility for interventions in the middle east that have led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Her inane laughter about her interventionist policy just serves as a reminder that she is quite mad.

It's my view and was not intended to get under your skin as it has. Relax.
edit on 9/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If you want a real comparison why not add up the numbers of dead - murdered at the hands of the Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State and Hitler during WW2. Hitler still leads that disgusting race, but Hillary is closing fast. Eight years of her in office and she just might surpass the Austrian dictator.

I think the only way to properly counter such absurdity is to use your own words:

The fact you are even making a comparison is simply crazy and leads me to believe you have been led by those with an interest in making this comparison for political purposes.

I do so love it when people put their own foot in their mouths. The fact that it was done in one single post is even more hilarious.

Definitely got under your skin it seems - not intentional on my part... Try to let go of it, you will feel better

Oh, don't be so arrogant. You may think you've gotten under my skin, but at this point it's light comedic entertainment.

Hillary Clinton has to take responsibility for interventions in the middle east that have led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Her inane laughter about her interventionist policy just serves as a reminder that she is quite mad.

It's my view and is was not intended to get under your skin as it has. Relax.

And you try to compare her to Hitler while ridiculing someone for comparing a politician to Hitler.

Who knew hypocrisy could be so funny?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

And you try to compare her to Hitler while ridiculing someone for comparing a politician to Hitler.

Last I checked Trump had not held office. Hillary on the other hand has been directly involved in activity that has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands - and laughed about it. A bit more of a valid comparison I'd say. The comparison seems to upset you, yet the Trump /Hitler comparison on several threads you have been involved in seems not to... what was that about hypocrisy?? You are right, it is funny.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think it is more accurate to portray Hillary as a Hitler based on what she has done rather than call Trump a Hitler based on biased perceptions on things he has NOT done.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Lest we forget:

Following this apparently hilarious victory by Hillary chaos ensues to this day in Libya, with countless dead.

PLUS her now infamous email security breach shows the extent to which she played a pivotal role in the intervention and destruction of Libya that led to a death toll that will go down in history and long be remembered along side some of those other disgraceful events in human history.

Hillary's pivotal role in the troubles of Libya.

All the details of this and many more of her disgraceful actions will be played out for the world to see during the run up to November.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trump already told everyone what he is up to.

Nobody really heard anything but what they wanted to hear.

Trump is representative of what Trump supporters claim to despise.

Just think how much more valuable the name he sells for money will be, whether he wins or loses........

I have heard the guy say very few things that even make sense.

He seems to be a basic issue bigot on so many levels that I find it hard to even listen to his nonsensical ramblings about things he has no clue about.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

He seems to be a basic issue bigot on so many levels that I find it hard to even listen to his nonsensical ramblings about things he has no clue about.

Do you mean like the time he named Brussels as a problem city for radical Muslim terrorism, two months before a terrorist attack?
Or maybe his statements on NATO needing to be reshaped to tackle terrorism, which others are now scrambling to mirror?
I could go on...
I guess I agree that he does not go into detail - I have always said that - but he seems to have an uncanny ability to raise issues that turn out to be real issues either being discussed in Govt but not known by your average Joe, or not discussed at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hillary on the other hand has been directly involved in activity that has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands

Ok, I'll bite.

Please prove that.

By the way, I have said on a few threads that Trump is not Hitler. Neither is Hillary. You're comparison just shows that you are exactly what you described yourself:

Honestly, it's almost as if you're not even trying anymore. You're not even hiding your hypocrisy.
edit on 9-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hillary on the other hand has been directly involved in activity that has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands

Ok, I'll bite.

Please prove that.

By the way, I have said on a few threads that Trump is not Hitler. Neither is Hillary. You're comparison just shows that you are exactly what you described yourself:

Honestly, it's almost as if you're not even trying anymore. You're not even hiding your hypocrisy.

Read up.
There are also hundreds of documents available on Hillary's involvement with the intervention in Libya and the murder of Gadaffi. Google is your friend.

So we have a person in office making decisions that cost hundreds of thousands of lives - I would call that comparison to Hilter valid. Just like the Bush's and Blairs of this world she will be remembered for the lives she cost.

As for Trump - no reasonable or valid comparison can be made. The man has never even held office or made those kind of decisions.

Hence, no hypocrisy.

Not sure why so many of your posts are laced with comments that try to turn this forum into some kind of competition to win or lose. It's really weird. There are no prizes to be won here except maybe in your own mind. Have a medal if it makes you feel better

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Why would you ask? Seriously. You ask a question where many will opine based on their bias and agendas, when it's apparent the answer is so simple. The fact is many people are dissatisfied with current conditions and see the nation's decline. Most are waking up to the facts that their concerns are ignored. Most feel common sense in governing is abandoned and sense a decline of the nation is imminent. Also, this trend is obvious to many on both sides of the political divide. We vote based on promises only to see the opposite enacted before our eyes. Therefore, the collective needs of a balanced system is never addressed and it's apparent the representatives in our republic work for other interests who hold the real power in America. Why is that so hard to understand?

So, to answer your question, first must be done with those facts understood. After forty years of heated arguments and placing blame on each other, many people are discovering they, and their will, are ignored by the establishment. You know...the true shadow government that was scoffed at just a few years ago. Those who denied such an establishment exists and posed the idea as the ramblings of conspiracy theorists are now so frustrated with the establishment that "outsiders" are now welcome. After years of arguing the obvious with people on both sides of the political spectrum, I noticed most were leery of such ideas and often digressed to party line. Many said they don't believe in conspiracies in general therefore they tend to ignore its relevance. Yet I noticed many of the same people were quite sure of conspiracies by their political nemesis as detailed by their party leadership.

One thing that is blatantly obvious to the majority is the fact that little, if not all, successful trophies of nation building or maintaining are vacant from the official mantle. Also, having nothing to show for the past few decades elicit anger and frustration once you realize the majority suffered and sacrificed according to our political elected officials urgings with the "promises" of future success. Add to that, what's obvious is the minority elite gained massive cooperation and wealth and did so at our expense. It's now apparent a few internal elite factions partnered with and aided by multinational corporations elitists. Recent newspapers headlines notifies the public of global scandals associated with these elitists and the corruption involved within global governments.

The ugly reality we now face is often rarely discussed. However the level of economic servitude is felt on every corner. A taste of corporate fascism exists. Our Federal Government built on Law that guarantees freedom and personal rights fades into the background and allows slavery according to the wishes of Wall st. Bush Lite said it so well when he informed the nation we must bail out Big-Banking and Investment firms. "They are too big to fail" was the announcement America is now a fascist state. The final outcome illustrates the obvious...too big to fail entities, aided with federal govt. power, must receive assistance from the collective, regardless of the reason of either bad management and of criminal behavior, and all resulting profits are classified as "private."

This reality is what it is. So, of course the public's attitude is changing. Many who were hard line political party supporters are no longer the "faithful" each party depends on. They sense this could get out of control and are desperate to find a solution to their demise. Because big-money interests can use their financial clout to bolster fascist control, we get what we deserve. Also, because both parties offer candidates bought and paid for we cannot expect reform. So you're question is easy to answer. We narrowly missed this opportunity with Ross Perot only to have it dashed by the elite but now comes Mr. Trump. But let us not remember Sanders. He is not so bound by Wall St. so he may also bring change. What we are seeing now is the public's frustration expanding and radical left and right "outsiders" are gaining support on a massive level. And despite hard line urgings and threats, many feel that change is, right or wrong is necessary with the hope of things will change for the better through time.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think Trump will beef up security on the Mexican border and in doing so will upset a lot of people in Texas, particularly, because their land titles go right up to the border.

I think he will improve the balance of payments with China by selling American assets to the Chinese. (the world's biggest garage sale)

He is going to make trouble in the Middle East but it is difficult to predict how. If he stays on the trend line of American foreign policy, he will try to embroil Iran in a war at the western end of the country. That is a touchy place, ethnically (think Iranian Kurds and Azeris), for Iran and also has a high percentage of their oil wealth.

He might crush ISIS, but only so he can start using the Kurds.

He is such an oddball domestically (nobody, who knows anything, knows what the heck he is talking about) that I think he will run into a lot of trouble on policy and may wind up being the new presidential signing statement champion.

How is he like Hitler? He's a spiteful infant with poor impulse control.

"The wall just got 10 feet higher!"

Many observers of Mr. Trump's antics would not think that the following demonstration of similarity is excessivley far fetched. Trump frightens people. This scene from one of Hitler's speeches is only dissimilar in degree from a Trump speech, particularly in the emotional tone of grievance and in the petulant response the grievance evokes.

Trump already, like a sucker, wants to reintroduce torture into the intelligence toolbox. He completely fails to see that as another step in the destruction of American culture. If anything it makes it more Islamic.

Similarly Churchill suckered Hitler into starting the blitz, knowing that it would help get the Americans into the war, because Hitler, like Trump, was a spiteful infant willing to abandon sound military strategy to run after poetic justice.
edit on 9-4-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ahh, I think I see what you're doing now.

You can't prove any such thing and you did not even make an effort to do so.

Such a claim has no basis in reality and so you are being intentionally obtuse in an effort to get a rise out of someone. No thanks. I don't play the troll game.

Now I know you can't be taken seriously. Glad we established that.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ahh, I think I see what you're doing now.

You can't prove any such thing and you did not even make an effort to do so.

Such a claim has no basis in reality and so you are being intentionally obtuse in an effort to get a rise out of someone. No thanks. I don't play the troll game.

Now I know you can't be taken seriously. Glad we established that.

Umm, no. You lost that debate many posts ago. Hillary has been proving this to the masses for many years now. Just research her body count or something. And maybe let some oxygen in with that Nitrous, I hear that helps.Everyone knows that Hillary has CAUSED the deaths of thousands, and has no remorse whatsoever for the death of anyone, anywhere, even you, but you aren't getting the message.

Everyone also knows for a fact how she reacts with news of someone dying. She laughs with contempt no matter who dies. Your hero? WOW, what a lady you can be proud to support, eh?

Severe case of dissonance isn't getting you any progress either.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Clinton's filmed response to Quadafi's death *here* posted by UKTruth shows a callousness that is at once unbelievable/inhuman/unkind. To neigh and whinny like a mare in season; hands instead of hooves clapped together. This is not the reaction one would think of a Secretary of State; that of joyous revelry.

edit on 9-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually, America doesn't like Trump as much as Trump fans claim.

Seriously. Trump fans just scream and yell the loudest, that's why it seems like they're everywhere. Here's a new Associated Press article about a poll just done:

Seven in 10 people, including close to half of Republican voters, have an unfavorable view of Trump, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. It's an opinion shared by majorities of men and women; young and old; conservatives, moderates and liberals; and whites, Hispanics and blacks — a devastatingly broad indictment of the billionaire businessman.

That's not anywhere close to what the Trump fans would want us to believe...

The number of Americans who view him unfavorably has risen more than 10 percentage points since mid-February, a two-month stretch that has included some of his biggest primary victories but also an array of stumbles that suggested difficulties with his campaign organization and a lack of policy depth.

A dose of reality from the real world -- not from the Trump propaganda camp:

More than 60 percent of all registered voters and 31 percent of Republicans said they definitely would not vote for Trump in the general election.

Associated Press

Trump is a sinking ship, and a loosing proposition for the GOP. They won't win the White House with Trump. Well, they won't win with anyone really -- the electoral college is locked, ensuring a Democrat will win. The Democrats start off on election day in November with 236 out of 270 needed votes.

The only thing the Democrats need to do in order to win is capture a few undecided swing states. The GOP has to completely turn blue states red AND win contested battleground states. That isn't going to happen. The GOP is going to loose no matter who they run.

But no, to answer this threads premise -- America does NOT support Trump in the way it appears. Most of America doesn't have a favorable view of Trump. He's a spectacle so he gets media coverage. His supporters are loud mouthed and pushy, so it seems like they are all over.

The fact of the matter is, Trump is loosing steam and loosing support. He's a sinking ship and his bandwagon followers will soon be bailing (as they are, by and large bandwagon supporters).

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Actually, America doesn't like Trump as much as Trump fans claim.
it seems like they are all over. The fact of the matter is, Trump is loosing steam and loosing support. He's a sinking ship and his bandwagon followers will soon be bailing (as they are, by and large bandwagon supporters).

My mother asked me yesterday (she is 84 years old); if (wildest scenario) the candidate's left were Trump vs Sanders, or Trump vs Clinton who would I vote for? I told her I could not vote Sanders; as he is so progressive and cannot see him leading a Capitalistic System (Clinton is a no). I would have to vote Trump. Her point was in essence there are no real candidates to vote for (who in a pinch of the nose).

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

And how are Sanders or Clinton any worse than Obama?

If Obama hasn't turned America into a communist hellhole in 8 years, I seriously doubt Sanders of Clinton would fare any better.

*eyeroll*

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Just research her body count or something.

Why should I do the legwork to prove or disprove someone else's assertion? That's being lazy and not to be taken seriously.

Everyone knows that Hillary has CAUSED the deaths of thousands

That is an argumentum ad populum logical fallacy. It has no place in a logical discussion. It is not evidence of fact.

and has no remorse whatsoever for the death of anyone, anywhere, even you, but you aren't getting the message.

How can I argue against assumptions?

Your hero? WOW, what a lady you can be proud to support, eh?

I don't support her. Perhaps that will be hard to comprehend, but I do hope you try.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Mystik: And how are Sanders or Clinton any worse than Obama?

Do you really want to put this hypothesis (Obama as the WORSE) to the test by electing one of them to tow the line of his failed policies or improve upon them in the most negative way?

Mystic: If Obama hasn't turned America into a communist hellhole in 8 years, I seriously doubt Sanders of Clinton would fare any better. *eyeroll*

He in desperation tried. Look at his Staffers (*who are they?* have such influence more so than his Cabinet); he fired 3 Secretaries of Defense because they disagreed with him; Chuck Hagal, Leon Panetta, Robert Gates. Why would Clinton not be just as dangerous?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You haven't answered me though.

Would Clinton of Sanders be worse than Obama?

I'll take it a step further. Would Trump be worse than Obama?

If Trump would be worse than Obama, then by extension Clinton or Sanders would be better than Trump.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join