It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Start Bernie's Political Revolution........With The Democratic Super Delegates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I never said that I support caucusing over voting and just for the record, I don't.

All I said was that it was a little disingenuous to claim a popular vote lead when a great deal of the states don't even count votes, they caucus.

Furthermore, neither one of us knows who would have won those caucus states if popular votes were taken, or by what margin. Bernie may very well have beaten Hillary by big margins, the point is that no one knows.

Also, you should know that just because I post a "call to action" on ATS doesn't mean that it's the only venue where I'm addressing this issue, that's pure assumption on your part.

While party officials may make the rules, they don't always get their way as was demonstrated in 2008 when they also thought Hillary was a "shoe-in."

All I'm saying is that the party officials and the super delegates need to know that their decisions have consequences and that we, the voters, will hold them accountable.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Let's just hope that you & I aren't the only ones.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I would probably take it a step further and advocated for a set of uniform guidelines that govern all federal elections.

We currently have caucuses in some states and votes in others, where some states award delegates on a proportional basis while others have a winner-take-all policy, with different dates for different parties in the same state and holding closed primaries in some states while allowing open primaries in others. It's just crazy.

Basically, I don't care what states do with their state elections, but if it's a federal election, I believe we should have uniform federal guidelines for holding the vote in all the 50 states.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

sure.

Im just waiting for a step too far. A real revolution far from BS. When they decide for us when that will be.

your solution sure. I think we should remove all government officials and reboot for anything to work. If not your solution is just more of the same.

Direct democracy or bust.

It would be nice if we were invaded. That way we start off fresh. That way they set it off.

or a military coup de tat.

something that is not a waste of time.

They wont stop, so our only real hope is that they die and cant keep on keeping.

edit on 4 6 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

If Hillary has more pledged Delegates why should they all switch and swing to Bernie?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

If Hillary has more pledged Delegates why should they all switch and swing to Bernie?

I know you didn't address this question to me, but I'd like to take a swing at it anyway.

For starters, I'm not suggesting that all the super delegates switch to Bernie if he can't win a majority of pledged delegates.

But....if super delegates are going to endorse candidates prior to knowing who's going to have that majority, the least they could do is to be reflective of their respective constituencies.

After Bernie won Wisconsin by 14 percentage points, I heard it reported that all 10 of the states super delegates were still endorsing Hillary.

Yesterday while being interviewed on MSNBC, I listened to Sly James, (Mayor of Kansas City, MO. and democratic super delegate) state that he was going to back Hillary even if Bernie ends up with a majority of pledged delegates. Go figure!

Furthermore, they should consider the fact that most of the states where Hillary has won are red states in the Deep South and neither her or Bernie will win those states in a national election. It doesn't really do a lot of good to only win in states that the republicans will carry in November.

Bernie is winning in the states that will carry the election for the democrats in November, Hillary is not.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's all moot. Sanders is highly unlikely to get more pledged delegates than Clinton. For all intents and purposes this race is over.

You can see that in the way Sanders and his campaign have been acting. Not upbeat and ebullient over their recent successes. They're angry, surly, and heated. And they've been lying. Getting three and four "Pinocchios" from WaPo in the last few days alone.

It's kind of sad. Bernie began this race as something different. Now he's just another politician.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join