It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance State - The Now, not the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The name of the new National Surveillance Network is called SkyNet,.............. i'm joking, it's called NetSense, probably because they have also seen the Terminator movies.

Forget George Orwell and 1984, this is a whole new ball game even his imagination could never have dreamed of.

CCTV? Old fashioned and expensive, and visible to the casual observer. What IF ............. every lamppost in every City, Town and Village could replace the good old CCTV, and also include microphones so not only can they see you, they can also hear you, in real time and also as a recording.

Just imagine, every step you make, every word you speak is monitored either real time or as a recording for use at a later date, when TPTB decide to use snippets to stitch together if they suddenly take a dislike to you.

The Incandescent light bulb is now obsolete in this strange new world, replaced by the super efficient LED light bulbs ....... with a twist, they all contain hidden cameras and microphones and are monitoring your every movement, Faces, Number Plates, Speech ...... you name it, they have it, every step, every word, every embarrassing moment when drunk, every crime (if any) you (god forbid you never speed or urinate in the street etc) commit outside your residence.

I can hear it now. “If you have nothing to hide ..... blah blah blah”.

Remember the vision of Orwell’s 1984, how about the ABOVE couple of paragraphs is now a reality. As local administrators across the globe adhere to the necessity to switch to LED, they have that option ... or do they?
This is not science fiction, its science fact :-

www.sensity.com...

Now, just wait until they miniaturise these babies and we are required to replace our light fittings in our homes to accommodate the new regulation bulbs ....... it becomes outside AND every room in your house! Nowhere to hide or indulge in anything other than watching talking heads on the TV.

Still, I have nothing to hide so why be worried.

edit on 2016-04-02T12:54:17-05:002016Sat, 02 Apr 2016 12:54:17 -0500bSaturday5404America/Chicago1612 by corblimeyguvnor because: formatting

edit on 2016-04-02T12:57:00-05:002016Sat, 02 Apr 2016 12:57:00 -0500bSaturday5704America/Chicago1612 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo correction

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

After WWII the US not only imported all the german war tech and scientists they could find, they also imported all the police state apparatus and the guys that ran it.

We are institutionalizing the same always watchful state, the secret police, the monitoring, just with advanced technology instead of file cabinets and spies.

Prisons have hundreds of CCTVs installed conspicuously, inmates know they are being monitored 24/7. One day they'll run the public sector just like they do a prison.

They'll have special teams to interject into situations, lockdowns, sweeping searches, secret state police and consequences for errant behavior.

Oh never mind, they already have swat, lockdowns, cameras everywhere, and secret state police (Department of Homeland security). Don't get out of line, they'll detain you indefinitely without charge, waiting forever for your minute in court.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wasn't there a story of an old couple who were sitting on their couch and saw a dance show. But everything they watched was regulated, everything they heard regulated every movement, and every thought? They were implanted a chip that could sense their thoughts and the regulators would make them here a ringing in their ears to forget their thoughts?

Well in the end their son was in that show and he couldnt take anymore of the orders. (Everyone had that chip) and so he broke free and tried to escape but the police shot him
With a shotgun and killed him.

Ironically I read that on the FCAT at school, or some other standardized test. Made me think of this would ever happen.

Anybody remember the name of the story?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Story? Science Fiction? Fact? ....... no idea

The OP is Fact as we speak

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
The name of the new National Surveillance Network is called SkyNet,.............. i'm joking, it's called NetSense, probably because they have also seen the Terminator movies.

Forget George Orwell and 1984, this is a whole new ball game even his imagination could never have dreamed of.

CCTV? Old fashioned and expensive, and visible to the casual observer. What IF ............. every lamppost in every City, Town and Village could replace the good old CCTV, and also include microphones so not only can they see you, they can also hear you, in real time and also as a recording.

Just imagine, every step you make, every word you speak is monitored either real time or as a recording for use at a later date, when TPTB decide to use snippets to stitch together if they suddenly take a dislike to you.

The Incandescent light bulb is now obsolete in this strange new world, replaced by the super efficient LED light bulbs ....... with a twist, they all contain hidden cameras and microphones and are monitoring your every movement, Faces, Number Plates, Speech ...... you name it, they have it, every step, every word, every embarrassing moment when drunk, every crime (if any) you (god forbid you never speed or urinate in the street etc) commit outside your residence.

I can hear it now. “If you have nothing to hide ..... blah blah blah”.

Remember the vision of Orwell’s 1984, how about the ABOVE couple of paragraphs is now a reality. As local administrators across the globe adhere to the necessity to switch to LED, they have that option ... or do they?

www.sensity.com...

Now, just wait until they miniaturise these babies and we are required to replace our light fittings in our homes to accommodate the new regulation bulbs ....... it becomes outside AND every room in your house! Nowhere to hide or indulge in anything other than watching talking heads on the TV.

Still, I have nothing to hide so why be worried.

I read a really interesting article about this sentiment, "still, I have nothing to hide so why be worried." Why is this the common response to surveillance? Look, I'm a human being. My thoughts and personal beliefs are no ones business unless I choose to divulge those thoughts. Don't you think you have more value than to be like a child with 3 baby monitors watching your every move? It's the principle of the matter.
I personally do not consent to have a room full of brainwashed freaks recording me wipe my own ass so the government can wax their "terrorism" rhetoric on us for the rest of my life.
It truly disturbs me how many are casually accepting of surveillance. We have liberties and rights; privacy is essential for any human being, or is it ok for me to record you changing, bathing, having personal relations, and everything in between? As long as I say it's in the interest of national security, you're ok with your entire life being a display for a bunch of people who have placed themselves above us? I don't consent to that. I'm not a goldfish or a hamster and neither are you.

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And if you were being sarcastic please accept my apologies lol

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: golddogtoy77
And if you were being sarcastic please accept my apologies lol

Sorry, yes, i was being sarcastic with the comments in the OP regarding "i have nothing to hide" perhaps i should have highlighted that in the original.

Thanks

CbG

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's truly inescapable. Also, if you look at how easily criminals can commit fraud electronically, and the advances in CGI and other digital imaging it won't be long before they can completely fake video to show someone did something when in fact it was artificial.

Matter of fact I'm sure they can already do that with simpler things (or pixellated/crappy footage that is easier to tamper with)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's a tit for tat for people with something to hide.

There are a lot of legally available surveillance jammers. I even recall a guy who made a hoodie that would render the wearer unidentifiable to any video recording.

Sadly it's those of us who don't spend our time going dark who get our privacy raped

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The lamp posts must be just their back-up system. We carry our microphones and miniature CCTVs in our hands. Our game consoles, and TVs, cover our domiciles. Everyplace I work has 360 cams in every ceiling, I would not be surprised if they have even hidden them in the bathrooms. They don't need the added expense of White Spy vs Black Spy cameras. We stand in line to buy the latest version of our chains, and happily pay monthly for our constant monitoring.

Everything is moving forward. People used to carry their electronic shackles in their pockets, most are so severely Stockholmed, that they can't release them from their hands, and would gladly have them implanted. I don't know why though. What else would they do with their hands if they were not constantly engaged with caressing their chains?

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hey. Here's the story you mentioned. It's Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut.
archive.org...

I sent my bird to find it.
edit on 2-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Thank you Tia.

That was very interesting and almost prophetic, and downright sad, as some of us can see the handwriting on the wall.
That bird deserves a treat :>:>:> and you too. Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Thanks. I'll be sure to give the birdy a treat soon. I am 99.999% certain that is the story that was mentioned. I mean, what are the odds of another one just like it. At the very least it is a blessing we don't need to wear those heavy bags(though I probably wouldn't have to
) However we are being made stupid and we are being made the same. I've always said that we are headed for a dystopia. Maybe I'm just crazy..

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thats how it is!
People are happy to buy every several months new chains, because maybe theses chains come with new "innovations", like rounder corners, a bigger or a smaller display, and maybe 5 megapixels more...
They are even happy to have to make debts at the banksters, to buy that newest chain.
Then they use their real names for anything, because, for sure, they have nothing to hide...

But i am still searching for the need of such a surveillance device. Believe me, i am an internet addicted(news and politics, of course so called conspiracy theories), a web junky. The first i do in the morning is to start my pc, so that i can read and watch news from all over the world, while having breakfast. Then it stays on till i go to sleep or leave the house. I do everything with that one machine, gaming, video-editing, picture-editing, music/building beats, writing(copy and pasting xD) scripts for our gameservers, watching documentations and series, movies...

I really love the web, i know how to handle it(because i have something to hide, my life from BigBrother!), but i really don´t and can´t do something of the above with such a spyPhone. Wouldn´t even read short-news on such a screen, if i would own such a surveillance device. I really don´t need the web when i am not at my PC, and if so, it can wait till i am back home. So i really don´t know why i should give away myself(my data) with buying and using such a device. Who would even watch short videos on such a screen, let alone longer documentations?

Is it only because people think they only live when they are users of and online on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all that "social" media stuff??? It seems so, because for one that doesn´t use "social" media(for very good reasons), there is no use for a spyPhone other than to use it as a telephone, wherefore one doesn´t need to buy a spyPhone/surveillance device.

Same for the gaming boxes, i own a PC, why should i play with half the quality but for more money in addition with that spying? Best played on consoles are first person shooters with joypads, i heared... xD

My house is completely anti-"smart", the only smart thing in it is me(i guess, hope so), because of my behaviour against that "I have nothing to hide" mentality of the people and the observing behaviour of "Big Brother". There is not one cam in or around my house, no cam and mic at my pc(mic only while playing sometimes, Teamspeak), no cam and mic at my TV(that is only used together with a media player, or to watch that "reality" i have to believe to sometimes, the government edited news, most time to have only a good laugh).

I use a simple mobile phone, no internet on it, nothing, false names on the sims i change every several months. Isn´t it unbelievable how one has to act like a secret service agent, terrorist or criminal(isn´t it all the same?), to be not observed 24/7 from governments and corporations? I can send SMS(if i want, don´t know what for) as much as i want and can call as long and whoever i want to, for 15 Euros a month, flatrate. What the hell do i need more?
Facebook???
Or loading up a photo of every meal i will eat???
Or to make selfies wherever i walk and show them to the world that never asked for them???
Or to have a bazillion apps i never use on my surveillance device???
Etc...

How could people even evolve and survive, how did they find the way down from the trees without looking at spyPhones? Or how did they start the french revolution without Twitter and Facebook on their spyPhones? How did they get to the moon without GoogleMaps on their spyPhones???
This are mysteries that are still unsolved!

But nowadays people can´t even find their way back from their smart toilette to their smart living room, passing the smart kitchen, without looking at a spyPhone, that has been paid with several hundreds of dollars or the new money, our data. You know that "selling" behaviour: "You only have to sign a contract for the next two years with your real name, and you get your personal surveillance device for one euro". That only spies on you because you have nothing to hide and to save you from all evil on the world, like terrorism in the 2000 years, before this those devices would have saved us from communism, i bet...

In Germany we have a saying:
Die dümmsten Kälber wählen ihre Metzger selber!
The dumbest calfs choose their own butchers!(I hope that is translated almost right...)

edit on 3 4 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 4 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The dumbest calfs choose their own butchers!(I hope that is translated almost right...)

Correct translation or not, I am stealing it.

It definitely translates perfectly for me.

edit on 3-4-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: My beer was late on delivery.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
The Incandescent light bulb is now obsolete in this strange new world, replaced by the super efficient LED light bulbs ....... with a twist, they all contain hidden cameras and microphones and are monitoring your every movement,

No, it's paranoia. LED bulbs don't have cameras OR microphones.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

By bird do you mean middle finger?
And thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Haha, um no. I meant the bird in my avatar. Haha, hadn't even thought of my second and third birds. No problem!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I've wondered about that as well. How easy is it to doctor digital evidence. I know with audio, you can just cut and paste segments of it together with amateur programs. Also wondered about metadata and log files.

top topics

join