It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy loses it when GPS says 'Bear Right'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Quantum12
The thing I don't understand is why do parents feel it is necessary to post what their children do like this.

The thing I don't get is why some people think the world should conform to what they want to see, hear, experience, and that anything else is irrelevant.

Wake up sweetie, the world is not made specially for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Nice point. Does a two year old know right from left. Thank you for pointing that out!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I do think it was a little mean of the parents to perpetuate this while it was clearly upsetting him. I really don't understand why seeing a child upset is somehow amusing to parents like these.
They could have simply giggled at the confusion and explained the difference between meanings of the word.

Surely seeing your child giggling is preferable to seeing him crying?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
The thing I don't understand is why do parents feel it is necessary to post what their children do like this.

Everybody goes about life a different way.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
Hey sweetie, have you ever heard that the world is not made for the either of us and that we all have a right to say what we like. So sweetie, why don';t you scoot away from me sweetie.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And like your comment? I agree.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i have no idea what my gps says. i turned off the voice.

i use a garmin now (unless i forget it, then i just use Waze). I had a TomTom for about a minute before it bricked. But i had downloaded some cool voiceovers for the directions. By "cool" i mean "kind of lame, but different".

Snoop Dogg trying to stay family friendly while giving driving instructions (in the bad acting that only people who are bad actors can really achieve) is absurd.

"Yo, i said make a right turn, player!!!" LMAO

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
the world is not made specially for you.

You cannot prove this.

For all I know, all of you are simply figments of my absurd and overly active imagination.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Because everyone wants to become famous today.

It's like all the people on YouTube who are my age making tons of cash on their daily rituals of making videos.

I grew up doing the same # as those people, the only difference being that I never cared about becoming famous or having followers, although now I kick myself for not doing it cuz of the money they make!

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Here's an alternate theory that doesn't require thinking ill of our fellow humans: the internet is used for families to stay connected. We have 20 some odd hours of family videos uploaded on YouTube so our family can see. Some of the videos are bittersweet, spanning from when I was 12 (when my parents first bought a video camera, in the 80's) till i was almost 30. The last video was about 3 days before my dad was diagnosed with his mesothelioma, and about 3 months before he died. He looked healthy and vibrant, just like we all want to remember him.

Yes, i laid it on thick.
Because posting family videos on the internet is something that has proven to be very important, emotionally, for our family.

Beyond that, just a quick 2 minute snippet to shoot to grandma who lives a 15 hour drive away seems to be reasonable and completely not in line with attention seeking. What gets shared and goes viral from there....depends on who in the family decides to share it.

At least, that is what is usually described as happening with these videos. "We just uploaded it for family a couple of years ago, and it recently just went viral. We never expected it" (as an example of what I usually hear on the morning shows when these folks are interviewed)

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Nice point. Does a two year old know right from left. Thank you for pointing that out!

I'm 58 and sometimes I hesitate. Something to do with being left handed I believe. People used to tell me remember right is the one you write with. See how that could confuse someone in their formative years?

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Spoken like a real parent.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Is that your mother calling? Yes she said time for your nap. Run along sweety.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

At which time he will opt to go sleeveless because that's his right. And he'll start taking steroids to take on that bear.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I suppose for those who choose to be connected it does have it's advantages aside from a 15 minutes of fame.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

"Yo, i said make a right turn, player!!!" LMAO

You just made my day!!! LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Right Left or is it Left Right

Lol

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
When I'm navigating for my wife, I often say, "Bear to the right - leopard to the left."

BTW, BFFT, when we found out that Garmin had bought out Tom-Tom, we got rid of both and bought a Magellan.
edit on 1-4-2016 by Lazarus Short because: canary in a coal bin

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Because people are pathetic & desperately crave the attention of strangers.

posted on Apr, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

That is a good one "leopard to the left" lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join