It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marfa Lights: My Eyewitness Account

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It really is in the middle of nowhere. I love how I-90, 67, 17 intersects dead center of Marfa. AND MT. Davis is very close to the south.👍 or Mt. Livermore/Fort davis. But what is that structure south of the viewing center off 67 west of the town of marfa?

Edit. Interesting the structure is an old army airfield.
edit on 29-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

"Will-o'-the-wisp" so it is. 👻☺
edit on 29-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

How dare in not give you a star... here😀

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Marfa Lights! Yeah, my sister had a three day wedding there as it was her husband's home. She told me her husband knew roads that they would drive to experience the orbs. Several times she said they would chase and sometimes overtake their car.

Anyhow, here's a youtube of a radio interview with a man who has spent a lot of time exploring the lights. It doesn't give answers as to the cause of the lights but it does explain the layout there such as the airfield, etc. His best advice and I don't know if anyone has done it yet, but he said someone should send a drone with a camera out to the lights to settle this once and for all as the terrain is too dangerous for 4 wheelers, etc. due to underground structures caving in.

STM

edit on 29-3-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree with everyone else, you did an excellent job presenting this lovely family experience of magical lights with us.

I'm with the others too that the car theory doesn't cut it.

Frankly, my guess is that they are just distant cousins and family members of
Night Star! Fairies run wild...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

***APPLAUSE***

Excellent thread, Marie. I wrote a thread about similar lights called The Tabor Light. It was in Canada during the late 1930s and a town went a little crazy after lights started to be seen in the area.

I envy you your experience

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Weren't the lights observed prior to automobiles even being in the picture? I hope to go have a look-see one of these days myself.

Great post you made, especially drawing the reader into you and your family's adventure. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

***APPLAUSE***

Excellent thread, Marie. I wrote a thread about similar lights called The Tabor Light. It was in Canada during the late 1930s and a town went a little crazy after lights started to be seen in the area.

I envy you your experience

Whoa that's creepy awesome👍

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Really? Swamp gas and now reflected headlights...why not except the fact that we are not alone.
Super well written post...looks like someone graduated with a English degree.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

The area is beautiful. Here's a picture my son was able to capture on his smart phone from the viewing station. If you squint real hard you can make out a couple of the ghost lights on the far left side. Those are the Chinati mountains off in the distance.

I don't recall seeing a radar station. Is it located past the viewing station heading towards Alpine?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Marfa Lights! Yeah, my sister had a three day wedding there as it was her husband's home. She told me her husband knew roads that they would drive to experience the orbs. Several times she said they would chase and sometimes overtake their car.

Whoa! That would be a little too interactive for me. I'm perfectly content with admiring the ghosty lights from afar. That is just too wild.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Nice photo. You son caught a great moment!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I never knew just how mesmerizing the desert can be during twilight. It truly is breathtaking. Now my husband and I are hooked. We're planning a trip to Terlingua in the Big Bend region a little later on.

Hopefully, with a better camera!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend

Took longer than almost all other threads and died on the vine without becoming wine.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There's just something about these kind of lights that are fascinating. I hadn't heard of the Tabor Light, need to read up on this one.

What's truly amazing is that these ghost lights are singular events. There are similar occurrences across the world.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hessdalen in Norway has similar happenings...if interested there is much about them available....including some rare movie footage....
Still no answers though.....but interesting pics here......anything like what you saw?????

www.google.ca...[edi tby]edit on 29-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

Hessdalen Norwoy

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

A few of them were similar in appearance. I didn't witness any streaks of lights like one might see in ball lightning. Mostly these lights would flicker into existence in random spots across the plains. Some of them actually looked like camp fires from a long distance because of the way they would fluctuate in size. Others appeared more like twinkling stars on the horizon. Some hovered in place while others seemed to shift slightly as if caught in a breeze.

The most interesting one we saw was orangish in color. It flicked onto the field and hovered in place for a few seconds. Then it easily tripled in size, split in two horizontally and floated widely apart. It then merged back together and faded away.

That was the amazing thing about it all. Each light would behave a little different from the others.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Your explanation is plausible, for modern times. However, how do you explain the lights where seen before automobiles and trucks where around. The Indians in the area have seen those lights for hundreds of years. I do not think covered wagon would transverse the area at night with lanterns.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

To be honest, I can't explain the lights at all. Of all the theories put forth, the study done by Alto Technologies is the one that seems to carry its weight.

As I've mentioned earlier, sometimes there almost seems to be something playful about the lights. They do appear to sparkle and dance, not just sit there statically.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join