It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peaceful Majority Irrelevant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hello ATS. This is a video I have posted in a few threads but I thought it deserved its own. In the video Brigitte Gabriel is asked by a Muslim lady "how can we fight an ideological war with weapons?" Brigitte then goes on to educate the lady on the numbers of Muslims and the estimated percentage which are radical Muslims and how the peaceful majority is irrelevant.
I think this is an important distinction people need to be aware of with the current problems radicals are causing around the planet. When the numbers of radical Muslims are near the same as the population of America, it's time to start paying attention.
The loony left,the Muslim apologists and those suffering from white guilt seriously need a wake up call because their bleeding hearts and PC ignorance is destroying Europe.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

The other thing people need to understand is that the vast majority of these radicals are Sunni and more specifically Wahhabi. It is far from just westerners, christians, gays, Yazidis etc etc that are plagued by this malevolent force. Shia muslims are also getting a really tough time and are being murdered and having their mosques blown up.

We need to do a better job of understanding our common enemy, because Islam is in our midst now. As a result we need to know and understand who the potential problem makers are.
edit on 28-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more but as you point out, this tarnishing of the entire Islamic religion with the same brush needs to stop.

Perhaps the peaceful majority need to do more themselves so the west can wash its hands of another self imposed crusade.

originally posted by: markosity1973

We need to do a better job of understanding our common enemy, because Islam is in our midst now. As a result we need to know and understand who the potential problem makers are.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I think i agree with Bibi Netanyahu when he said, "terrorists have no resolvable grievances" which in my mind also means Sunni and Shia will continue to kill each other long after most of us are long gone and dead.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0010110011101
Couldn't agree more but as you point out, this tarnishing of the entire Islamic religion with the same brush needs to stop.

Perhaps the peaceful majority need to do more themselves so the west can wash its hands of another self imposed crusade.

Yes, we need to bridge the gap with the peaceful Muslims so we can isolate the true enemy.

There is definitely a 'them' and an 'us' but the 'us' can and should include those muslims who are against this Wahhabi radicalism. Shia, Soufi, and Alawaite Muslims are a few groups that I know of that ISIS, Daesh etc etc are bent on destroying so they need to be brought into the fold in the fight against them.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0010110011101

Broad brush painting is what our leaders do best.

After WW2, every German was responsible for the concentration camps. After 911, every Afghan was responsible for Bin Laden. Maybe one day, every American will be responsible for Gitmo.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I think i agree with Bibi Netanyahu when he said, "terrorists have no resolvable grievances" which in my mind also means Sunni and Shia will continue to kill each other long after most of us are long gone and dead.

Yeah , each in turn believe they cannot go to the Promised Land until they completely eradicate the other group

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

After WW2, every German was responsible for the concentration camps

Strange , seems like it was only the Nazi Party

After 911, every Afghan was responsible for Bin Laden

Gee , I thought that was only Al Qaeda.

Maybe one day, every American will be responsible for Gitmo.

Yes , a great place to keep terrorists in prison . Where they belong.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Why should we work any harder than we are? The doors are wide open and have been.

The issue is that the large community of peaceful Muslims, while they may just want to go on with their lives, aren't reaching back. They're insular and keep to themselves for the most part and aren't going to lift a finger either way.

They're wanting to play Switzerland, and while Switzerland can easily get away with that being their own sovereign nation, the peaceful Muslims live among us and have the other two groups of Muslims moving freely among them in their communities - the violent radicals and those who sympathize with the violent radicals and will aid and abet them.

Until the "Swiss" Muslims work to pitch out the other two groups at least, there is no easy way really to tell all three groups apart.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

When American soldiers found the camps, they marched German civilians into the camps to see the horrors and told them that they had to know what was going on, and that they were just as responsible as the guards.

If only Al Qaeda was responsible for 911, why did so many Afghan civilians have to die?

Prison is a place where you keep someone after they have been tried and convicted of a crime. Gitmo is a place where people are tortured for years for information and to elicit confessions.
edit on 28-3-2016 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The biggest issue for me and will be for governments is how do you discern the difference. Let's say full on riots and violence breaks out in the US like is happening in other places by radical muslims. How do you know who is who and stop it unless you sequester all muslims. This is a problem as even I have good friends who are muslim and have acclimated, opened businesses, etc. and have no issues with others.

There has apparently been inquiries from congressional subcommittees about the availability of FEMA camps to intern muslims in should mass unrest break out. I can't confirm the source, but it touches on what I said above. It is why the Japanese were interned in WWII. We didn't know who among them might be an enemy.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why should we work any harder than we are? The doors are wide open and have been.

The issue is that the large community of peaceful Muslims, while they may just want to go on with their lives, aren't reaching back. They're insular and keep to themselves for the most part and aren't going to lift a finger either way.

They're wanting to play Switzerland, and while Switzerland can easily get away with that being their own sovereign nation, the peaceful Muslims live among us and have the other two groups of Muslims moving freely among them in their communities - the violent radicals and those who sympathize with the violent radicals and will aid and abet them.

Until the "Swiss" Muslims work to pitch out the other two groups at least, there is no easy way really to tell all three groups apart.

Agreed.

But

Remember the Jews in WW2 - things got to the point where it did not matter what they were like, whether they were practising or not. Just being born a Jew meant that you were inferior and therefore to be rounded up and exterminated.
Hitler blamed them for everything that was wrong with Germany in the start in order create hysteria and poison public attention against them. And it worked.

Do you not see this happening again now?

People need to understand this; the problem is the Sunnis, who are the vast majority BTW. Below is a quick reference guide to who is who and how many there are of them.

• Sunni Muslims include 84%–90% of all Muslims. ...
  • Shi`ite Muslims comprise 10%–16% of all Muslims. ...
  • Sufis are Islamic mystics. ...
  • Baha'is and Ahmadiyyas are 19th-century offshoots of Shi`ite and Sunni Islam, respectively.

Some sects of Islam even believe that Buddha was a great prophet (along with Mohammed of course)

Sunni are the ones trying to bring trouble to our door and they are the ones that cannot be trusted. In Christianity we would call them the Fundamentalists. And within Sunni you have the Wahhabi group who read the Qu'ran like it is a text book and believe that Sharia law should be enacted and enforced upon the people. This is where ISIS and all it's evil mates come from.

edit on 28-3-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

• posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:57 PM
    link   

And Shi'as are the ones who sit in large crowds in Iran chanting "Death to America!"

What I said stands.

And no, I have yet to see people turning on Muslims ala The Seige. However, I do see plenty of people handwringing over it as if it is happening.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:10 PM
    link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And Shi'as are the ones who sit in large crowds in Iran chanting "Death to America!"

What I said stands.

And no, I have yet to see people turning on Muslims ala The Seige. However, I do see plenty of people handwringing over it as if it is happening.

True, Iran is Shia and it sure don't like America.

I never said there was an easy solution to this.....

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
    link   

I have seen this video, many times in fact. I can not really ignore what is being said, it seems as if this person is correct in her base assumptions, and a lot of other people don't want to admit that. Much debate is on the table, some would not wish for a debate.

The problem I have, and it is a big problem, is why is this here...AGAIN?

ATS is not Reddit, where a video is posted ad nauseum, just for claps, stars and upvotes, is it?

I don't know but anyway, no star, no flag and a reminder...repetition is not always a good thing.

new topics

top topics

join