It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussel's March Against Fear Cancelled bc of Fear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
After the recent terrorist attacks in Brussels, the city is resolved to show those terrorists they will not win. Organizers had planned on showing those terrorists who is boss by marching against fear.

The organisers of a "March Against Fear" planned for Sunday to mark the Brussels terror attacks said they had cancelled the event after the authorities asked them to do so because of security fears.

link

It's both hilarious and sad. I think the organizers probably got a little overzealous, and maybe should have waited until the bodies were identified? Or maybe this is the new normal in Brussels? In any case your culture has been culturally enriched and you can still make signs and Tweet saying you're not afraid, for the time being, just don't do it in groups in public.

editby]edit on 26-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It is also tragic when government tells a nation what they can and cannot do. a reply to: sjake111

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qwerm
It is also tragic when government tells a nation what they can and cannot do. a reply to: sjake111

I agree, but that did not happen here.

We understand this request. The security of our citizens is an absolute priority. We join the authorities in proposing a delay and ask people not to come this Sunday," the organisers said in a statement on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sjake111
After the recent terrorist attacks in Brussels, the city is resolved to show those terrorists they will not win. Organizers had plan on showing those terrorists who is boss by marching against fear.

The organisers of a "March Against Fear" planned for Sunday to mark the Brussels terror attacks said they had cancelled the event after the authorities asked them to do so because of security fears.

link

It's both hilarious and sad. I think the organizers probably got a little overzealous, and maybe should have waited until the bodies were identified. Or maybe this is the new normal in Brussels? In any case your culture has been enriched and you can still make signs saying you're not afraid for the time being, just don't amass while doing so.

On the UK news it says authorities are asking people not to take part as security forces are currently overstretched and they cannot guarantee safety - some would say that's acting in a responsible manner.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
some would say that it is none of their concern, let the people be not politically correct and express themselves. a reply to: uncommitted

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2016 by sjake111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Totally, it's like my dumbass teacher back in the day telling me not to run with scissors. I'll do what I want.

Subsequently I've lost all vision in my right eye and the dumb bitch got fired for letting a kid run around with scissors. Good thing too, cause that's dangerous.

edit on 26-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That's not what happened.
The event was planned by members of the public with support from the government, the government changed their minds in light of continuing threats (and no doubt based on their knowledge of a lot more than anyone here or the general public of Brussels) and so it was agreed that this should be postponed.

This is about common sense, only an idiot would claim that this is some kind of abuse of power.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

some would say that it is none of their concern, let the people be not politically correct and express themselves. a reply to: uncommitted

This has nothing to do with "political correctness" (which, by the way, is nothing more than code for "Waaa! Public opinion rejects my ignorance and I don't like it! Waaa!")

You seem to think this was some kind of "anti-Muslim" protest, I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news but the majority of those in Belgium (and everywhere else) do not share your ignorance.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sjake111

Considering all the possible ISIS supporters living in Brussels, many residents are probably concerned about traveling anywhere. From the sounds of it, the police there really don't have a handle on how many potential terrorists make their residence in Brussels. Last night a Brussels official estimated approximately 35,000 Muslims who are struggling to find jobs relate to why some Muslims join the ISIS cause. That's alarming!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Some would say that if there was a terrorist event, or the heavy risk of one then the authorities (who's concern is the welfare of the people) would be at fault, but hey, go for it, it's a free forum so feel free to talk rubbish from behind a keyboard.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Come on guys....sheesh, it's only 400.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Last night a Brussels official estimated approximately 35,000 Muslims who are struggling to find jobs relate to why some Muslims join the ISIS cause. That's alarming!

If there aren't enough jobs for the ones that are there, why continue to allow immigration?

If you say lack of employment causes certain Muslims to join terrorist causes and want to come back home and blow everybody up, why continue to allow immigration from that particular group?

Now Belgian citizens have to deal with the fear and the mayhem that comes from too much immigration of people that have a tendency to react like a bunch of psychotic mass killers when they can't find work. Now THAT'S alarming!

America! Let this be a learning lesson!

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So, I guess this is progress. So much better since we broadened our cultural horizons.

Way to go! Progressives unite!.....at home, quietly, because the theocratic fascist radicals might kill you.

edit on 3 26 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. -Winston Churchill

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So ironic. And when I heard about it i laughed, but then I said to myself, of course they did. Thats why they are losing their nation to a bunch of jihadist trash. And then I thought about it and realized that our country is headed down the same path.

We have been overrun with weak, coddled, entitled, self loathing fools that have no grasp of reality. Divided and fighting amongst ourselves, entirely oblivious to what comes our way.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

It's both hilarious and sad.

It's neither , it is common sense.
At a time when you need all of your police to work on the problem at hand why would you divert resources to police a march for peace.

"We understand this request. The security of our citizens is an absolute priority. We join the authorities in proposing a delay and ask people not to come this Sunday," the organisers said in a statement on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't know,,,,,,?
Good luck to you.

edit on 27-3-2016 by Now2016 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's both hilarious and sad.

It's neither , it is common sense.
At a time when you need all of your police to work on the problem at hand why would you divert resources to police a march for peace.

"We understand this request. The security of our citizens is an absolute priority. We join the authorities in proposing a delay and ask people not to come this Sunday," the organisers said in a statement on Saturday.

No it is definitely hilarious and sad. No matter the spin the March sgaisnt fear was cancelled bc of fear. Europe welcomed their invaders and now they can't march. Europe is so cucked.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So rather than carrying out investigations in an attempt to stop further plots and bring all of those involved in this one to justice you think it better police resources be diverted to walking the streets policing a march ?

I think the right decision was made by both the authorities and the organizers who saw where the real priorities lie.

edit on 27-3-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join