It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolving Technologies: The next 10, 50 and 100 years...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
THE WORLD OF 2015, 2055, and 2105...

Since mankind first made its early stone tools, it has constantly and expediently made improvements in its technologies. It is now the year 2005, the world of tomorrow will be one to marvel at... what do you guys think will be the next big technology advancement in 10, 50 and 100 years?

This is what I think:

Next 10 years: I speculate that the single most dramatic change to the way we live, in the next 10 years, will be the implementing of the new Internet. As most us know, the Internet, as it is now, is reaching practical limitations on speed, capacity and stability. The Internet v2.0 ( www.internet2.org... ) however, will usher in a new age of information, where the world is truly connected and maybe making it a little friendlier.

Next 50 years: We'll see unheard of advances in all fields of science, but probably the most noticeable will be in electronics and computing. Everything will be cheaper, faster and better in every sense of the words. A home computer in 2055 will have more power then all the computers in the world today combined.

Next 100 years: Free energy systems will be in use everywhere in the world. They will eliminate all other powerplants. Free energy systems will supply mankind with more power then will ever be needed. Antigravity systems will make the construction of buildings infinitely easier, hyper fast and easy transportation possible, and thus ushering mankind in to the true Space Age; faster then light... and practical interstellar travel.

Remember post what you think some of the implemented technologies of the world of tomorrow will be, not what the military has, we all know the U.S. gov's has technologies that will make your head spin. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

P.S. Feel free to post any advancement you think will happen in any other feild of science also.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Complete media integration. See here...

Homes will be completely automated and integrated. One can turn on lights, temp control, let the cat out etc... all from a "device" (computer, pocket pc, you get the idea).

Automobiles will be just about self-driving ala GPS systems. Anti-gravity will play a big part in mass transit.

Cash will be replaced by "ID/cash cards"....

Next 100 years? Agreed, free energy systems WILL be abundant. Antimatter systems will also be a driving force for both good and bad. Technology will also be developed to the point where long distant space travel will be possible along with the colonization of space.

Just some quick thoughts...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
next 10 years will be more the personal things like you say with the new internet, im guessing more mobile phone stuff. there's a new television thing in japan that has such a clear picture which will be in the US and UK sometime soon. also more gadgets to make our life seem easier i guess.

next 50 years i hope there will be someone walking on mars, if not then the next 100 years that'll happen. unheard of technologies coming of age in the next 50 years. meeting an alien race in the next 50 or 100 years? possibly trading of technologies and knowledge. i think there will be some kind of moon base, prehaps taking people there and back like a commercial flight. fossil fuels a thing of the passed, the age of solar, wind, tidal power ect. much to look forward to, lets just hope we don't f**k it up with a nuclear war anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You think the PS2 is good....give it another 10-25 years and there will be significant advances in computational dynamics for home VR machines......maybe even a VR Internet, where instead of simply logging onto a screen like we do these days...we would be logging into another virtual world where we can see, touch and smell who were talking to or things we want to find and look at. There's already work being done using human brainwaves to control rudimentary computer software through a software and hardware intergration with the brain.....how about virtual wolrds like the matrix that can be jacked up to our brains and controlled by them?? Is is really that far fetched? Computer games would certainly get alot more serious if they could create whole online worlds for us to play in and manipulate.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
50-100 years in the future we will see amazing stuff in the field of Robotics and Nano tech. Computers will be as powerful as the human brain I would say in 50 years and another 50 years after that a million times more powerful then any human.

I also think by then we will in a way be the robots of the future. Cybergnetic implants will be common from brain implants to limbs and with loads of Nano bots working inside us. Computer AI will be self aware. In a 100 years the difference between Man and Machine will be academic.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 12-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
20-30 years: major breakthroughs in medicine & health due to nano- and computer technology. Integreated highspeed internet in many homes & all public places. very fast aircrafts = fast transportation. increased focus on develope space tehcnology to colonize the moon & mars. high oil prices & shortages makes alernative engery attractive.

50-100 years: unlimited engery supply due to mineral findings in space. every disease & health issue can be resolved. much greater government control then today. much more cooperation between countries. International bases on moon & mars, big spacestation in orbit. 1 currency. new technology we cant even imagine today. commercial space industry is in early face: few mining operations to retreive high valuable materials, which are important for further tech. devlopement (on the planets we have colonized. Space turism is available.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
lets just hope we don't f**k it up with a nuclear war anytime soon.

Guys, assume that no major disaster happens to the earth, and that we don't get help from ETs... lets say that mankind evolves on its own for the next 100 years, even though I doubt that will happen. So feel free to post any advancements in any fields of science and technologies that might take place over the next 10, 50 and 100 years or so.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Self driving vehicles,
Little to no sickness,
Space travel,
Quantum computers
Matter-energy teleporters,
Clean renewable energy sources,
Multipurpose implant chips.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Can you atleast explain your ideas, including a timeline, instead of just listing them. I would like to know more.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The world ends in 2012. This is not a joke. I am being serious. What you think will happen in the next 50 years will happen in the next 7 years.

We will "discover" we are not alone in this universe and that a great war is happening. Our resources will be used to create super weapons to defeat the alien attack. Problem is mankind will loose this war.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The world ends in 2012. This is not a joke. I am being serious. What you think will happen in the next 50 years will happen in the next 7 years.

We will "discover" we are not alone in this universe and that a great war is happening. Our resources will be used to create super weapons to defeat the alien attack. Problem is mankind will loose this war.

Originally posted by beyondSciFi

Originally posted by shaunybaby
lets just hope we don't f**k it up with a nuclear war anytime soon.

Guys, assume that no major disaster happens to the earth, and that we don't get help from ETs... lets say that mankind evolves on its own for the next 100 years, even though I doubt that will happen. So feel free to post any advancements in any fields of science and technologies that might take place over the next 10, 50 and 100 years or so.

Come on guys i dont like to repeat myself, PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!
And besides I don't think the world will end on 12/21/12

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Information Technology
Internet2 will become big. VR will finally be good enough and cheap enough to add to you PC. Video Games will be almost photo-realisitc. The paperless society will finally start to take shape to the glee of treehuggers everywhere.

Biotechnology
Huge time of strife and conflict in this field mostly due to the Stem-Cell, Cloning and GM debates. Huge advancements made in longevety research, oldest mouse alive at this time will be 14 almost triple the normal life span of a pamper lab mouse(about 5 years on the Okinawa Diet
) New drugs to wipe bad colesterol out will be available at this time, it remains to be see what the side-affects will be with the primitive state Biotech is currently in.

Nanotechnology
Huge advancements in all fields but little or no profits for public companies yet....still too early in the timeline

[edit on 14-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
In the next 10 years RFID will have emerged as a dominant technology. Because of worry, parents will have all of their kids implanted with an RFID chip so their kids can't get kidnapped or anything like that. Then in about a 30 year period everyone will have an RFID chip in them that allows them to be tracked.

But RFID is about to make a big change in the way we live, good or bad.

Finally, over the next 5-7 years, WiMax is set to make a huge change. WiMax is a new wireless networking standard, 802.16, that allows for high velocity travel while it is being used, and it has a long range capability, enough so that one WiMax transmitter could create a Metropolitan Area Network. It will soon be common to have wireless internet everywhere, and cars will begin to be equipped with more internet features.

Cars will also become smarter with the new On Board Diagnostics System version 3, that is still in development at this time in 2005, but is nearing completion. This standard provides for sensors on almost all car parts, including tires. These sensors would report back to a main database through a wireless network, and would report information like tire pressure or problems. These OBD3s would then communicate with manufacturer databases and if there is a problem with the car the manufacturer could turn the car off to prevent the car from being a threat.

A brave new world indeed :-)

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
In the next 10 years RFID will have emerged as a dominant technology. Because of worry, parents will have all of their kids implanted with an RFID chip so their kids can't get kidnapped or anything like that. Then in about a 30 year period everyone will have an RFID chip in them that allows them to be tracked.

But RFID is about to make a big change in the way we live, good or bad.

Personally I'm totally opposed to RFID, I would rather keep my personal life to myself, and not let anyone with a RF scanner or the gov't know where I am every damn second of my life. Booo RFID, good idea but kills your private life.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Infotech
Full Imersion wetware to hardware interfaces becoming mainstream. Holography is the next Visual Artform as even Flat Panels are relatively non-existant in this time.

Nanotech
Huge advances in the past 50 years lead enevitably to Molecular Manufacturing and the Industrial revolution is now in full swing world-wide. No country will be left untouched by this disruptive technology.

Biology
Cellular Immortality in Humans has been achieve with great fanfare and the great condemnation of Luddites and Theologins alike as it is such a HUGE shift in humanity there will enevitably be fallout.

Space
Okay I didn't really touch on space in my last post as I forget...silly me but oh well everyone knows whats gonna happen in the next 10 years in that anyway. In 50 years the Moon colony that will be established in late 2017 will almost be self-sufficient, to the chagrin of its corporate leasers who in 2020 was forced by the UN to honor lunar deeds bough by some foward looking individuals at the turn of the century from the Lunar Registry. No huge propulsion breakthroughs yet..

Energy
Hydrogen Economy will be in full swing, and we will get most of our power from Fusion reactors which also split H2 from H2O. Anti Matter is being tested in top secret Lunar research facilities at this time. Moons population: 4000
Mars will be having more problems due to its proximity to the asteroid belt and its distance from earth. The population of the Mars research outpost hasn't even reached triple digits by this time. Alot of people are talking about low grav orbital stations as opposed to living on Mars itself.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sorry I was in a hurry,

Energy:
Hydrogen powered vehicles (2015),
Either Anti-matter or ZeroPointEnergy (2035),

Biology:
Nanobots that destroy things like Cancer (2025),
Vaccinination of most of the populace from 99% of diseases and viruses (2080),
Cybernetics and androids that blur the subject of what being human really is (2050),

SpaceTravel:
Lunar colony (2027),
Mars colony (2040),
Relatively fast passenger travel throughout the solar system (2050)
The discovery of a way to travel at superluminal speeds (2060-2080)

Vehicles:
Complete hydrogen fuel acomony (2015-2030),
Selfdriving vehicles (2007-2010),

Computers:
Quantum computers (2010-2020)
Multipurpose chips'
[Chips that are used for monetary transactions, and to scan each place you go, if you were being falsely accused of something than the records would show what time you entered and left.]
Matter-energy teleporters,
[Turns you into energy and sends you at light speed to your location where your turned back into yourself.

Nature:
Nanites that eat the pollutants in the air than die

I hve more but I'm bored with typing, and it would take to long to explain how they work and they do.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well i think the major innovations will change our society in a way similiar to how the computer did but it will be the computers turn to be replaced. I see a world where genetic engineering has been taken to such a high level that mans mind will be as powerful as the computers they are designed to replace, no need to worry about messy implants, rather altered from before birth.

I beleive that this will be urged forward by sometype of huge computer problem, of the type i dont know, prehaps one where man has become so reliant upon the comps that we are nearly helpless without them and there is a world wide crash or something.

Either way i beleive that it will be a return to mans control over machines rather than the other way round thanks to genetic engineering to levels that we cant even fathom yet.

ANother possibility for this huge change will come from mans reliance on fossil fuels, as our computers and society use more and more of them eventually we will run out. Prehaps man will decide that it would be better to make man himself more efficient rather than working on some type of machine.

I dont really see nanotech as being huge in the long run (only in the medical field that is, cause in other fields there will be many many uses im sure), as our own bodies will be engineered to superior levels.

I suppose that people themselves will change. By this i mean that people will have appearances far different that you and I. It will be tailored mroe towards the position in life that they were designed to fit (gattaca style sort of). For example, prehaps some people will have gills as they will spend much of their time under water, and for people that spend most of their time in space, 4 arms rather than 2 for added usefulness.

And of course a womens breasts will be perfect

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Predictions have been wrong in the past, what makes you so sure this prediction is right?

Keep in mind timetravel0 aka John titor claimed he came from 2036 and many believe what he said; or are you saying they are all wrong and John Titor was a hoax?

Back on topic now. Using what JT said everything will be basically the same in 2036 as it is now, both computer wise, health etc. Granted there were some exceptions like no cure for cancer more use of bicycles. I cannot rember them all, but I think you you get my jest.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well all i am waiting for is the next paradigm jump, where all of the things no one could ever think of become theory, then in time become practicle. You can predict inventions of this paradigm we are in, but the next one will be astounding.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe we well get a major problem with adjusting to other energy sources than oil. I fear that a super depression is going to happen. We wont get fusion in time. All countries will collapse to a state like that of before oil.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join