It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensative Special Snowflakes Cry Foul and "Fat Shaming" at Campus Event

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

This mindset is becoming epidemic.

I honestly fear that there won't be enough safe places for these snowflakes.

It's this mindset that will be in media, politics and policy decisions as well as corporate hierarchies.

Now I need a safe place. I'm scared.

It's not becoming an epidemic, it's becoming endemic. I would laugh it wasn't so sad. I'm literally left speechless (or textless I suppose) by this. Please tell me this is just a bad joke.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

This is the scary thing though. This is the weapon against the 1st Amendment that people don't understand or want to understand. Sure, no one makes a law against saying things, but this "I'm offended" hysteria is bleeding over into the realm of political speech and the free exchange of ideas.

Instead of you or I or anyone else speaking out of hate, the idea of hate speech is morphing into "I hate hearing you say it" therefore you shouldn't be allowed to speak.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: s3cz0ne

This is the scary thing though. This is the weapon against the 1st Amendment that people don't understand or want to understand. Sure, no one makes a law against saying things, but this "I'm offended" hysteria is bleeding over into the realm of political speech and the free exchange of ideas.

Instead of you or I or anyone else speaking out of hate, the idea of hate speech is morphing into "I hate hearing you say it" therefore you shouldn't be allowed to speak.

The sad thing is there are people who are actually discriminated against and treated like trash. Case in point; all of the Sikhs in the US that have been murdered for being "Muslims". Hell all of the Muslims that have been murdered for being Muslims!

What the killers in the aforementioned cases don't get is that they're also extremists! The Wahhabi and Salafist population in the the US is very low. The Muslim population is extremely low in and of itself. We're probably just as likely to see a radical Christian attack(planned parenthood) as we are a radical Muslim attack(San Bernardino... That one seems a bit questionable). Actually I will take part of that back, we are more likely to experience radical Muslim attacks. Not because they are Muslims, but rather, in most cases, we see young people who feel rejected by society and find a comforting ideology. It's very unfortunate. It's just another example of the failure of legislated multiculturalism. Europe unfortunately is an entirely different story...

I digress though as this thread is about our own homegrown precious snowflakes. I tend to veer off course sometimes. My thought process isn't always totally linear. I do apologize.
edit on 27-3-2016 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My friend and I, busy with business have watched the stoners and whiners fumble around pretty much contribute nothing to society except little mini messes wherever they park their buts for the moment. We have decided to put together a plan to use these mindless twits for cheap labor and the dangerous jobs......

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join