It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensative Special Snowflakes Cry Foul and "Fat Shaming" at Campus Event

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Is this the part where you talk out your ass?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I never said im ok with complainers, i said ill take any educated snowflake over keyboard warriors, you know they complain cause someone complained.

Come on man follow the ball
edit on 24-3-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: introvert

I wish I had your faith then.

Things seem to have to get way worse, before they get better.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope a form of insipid sludge.

i like this phrase. it's unfortunate that elements or strata of modern society have become so keenly over-sensitive and easy to offend.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oh wow, big words there bud, keep it up, i wear insults like a badge of honor, when all else fails, insult away.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh really now i insult people, thanks for coming out.

You're welcome. But I also said nothing more than insult comes out of you, for instance a proper argument or a reasoned response to the topic at hand. With all the languages you've learned you'd think some time might be spent on that aspect of language.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It was an honest question, about your false narrative, I thought maybe you had an actual point other than trying to just throw lame insults.

Not Right wing, Don't need a safe space.

If you are fat person, you can actually do something about it.

Good to know my words honour you.

If you are ever in Colorado, PM me and we will go grab a drink.
edit on 24-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: DBCowboy

I never said im ok with complainers, i said ill take any educated snowflake over keyboard warriors, you know they complain cause someone complained.

Come on man follow the ball

But you're complaining.

I wanted to address that.

But I don't have pants on, which is another issue. Not really an issue, many people don't have pants on when they post, but I'm in a coffee shop, which might explain why I get so many people staring at me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well you seem offended by me telling you its all fake outrage about more fake outrage, sorry didint mean to make you step out of your little bubble.

link   
That's enough

Knock off the sniping and personal or political attacks and get back on topic. Keep it up and you may lose your posting privileges.

link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
Okay, I'm having a hard time believing this stuff anymore. Seriously. I bit at some of the other posts, such as the one with students "being scared" at pro-Trump chalk graffiti, but I honestly this is so over the edge as to be satire.

I don't think it's real. There is no way young people today can be that overly-sensitive.

Being in denial doesn't make it any less real. I remember what it was like when I was in college in 2002-2006, and I know for a fact that this type of whiney crap has gotten worse. There is zero reason to think that this is fake.

25 years ago, maybe.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So I suppose we should get back on topic.

The thing I find so disturbing is that every few months someone has something new to be offended by. I think it's find to be offended by something, but when you start involving authority over completely petty crap AND THEY TAKE IT SERIOUSLY something is very wrong.

You might be comfortable with it now, but how are you going to feel when wearing a green shirt triggers an Irish person?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I wish I had your faith then. Things seem to have to get way worse, before they get better.

It's not a matter of faith. It's a matter of not giving a damn because they will grow out of it when the real world smacks them in the face.

They will grow up and complain anonymously on the internet about other people complaining....while the world still goes on.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Back on topic, this will continue to be an issue to normal people until it happens every day. . . .

And society is then run by those who find offense at the color blue of the sky or who you vote for, or what you believe on Sundays.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Fat people are not a protected class of people, it's a lifestyle choice for 99% of them. Sumos made them feel ashamed? Sounds like time for a diet, if a Sumo "fat suit" make you feel fat. FYF.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its called karma, pick on people and make it the norm, then voila one day it blows up in your face, people wonder why every next generation wants to stay clear of the past one, same things as been said since we as humans have lived together.

People need to let people be, who cares what people cry about, 1st world problems always make me laugh.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Fat people are not a protected class of people, it's a lifestyle choice for 99% of them. Sumos made them feel ashamed? Sounds like time for a diet, if a Sumo "fat suit" make you feel fat. FYF.

I've participated in fat suit fake Sumo wrestling at huge family function. It was a hoot, fun had by all who partook, and never recalled one catcall or derogatory comment as to size or it's Japanese heritage. Hell, I even donned a red wig and practiced my Brogue, intending to imitate Fat Bastard from the AP Series. My last name ending in "ez", cheekily portraying a Scot in a oversized suit imitating a Japanese sport--I think I might have offended a plethora of snowflakes on that day!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join