It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensative Special Snowflakes Cry Foul and "Fat Shaming" at Campus Event

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard Bill Maher and another stand-up comic talking, and they were remembering the good old days when they performed routines on college campuses. They can't do that anymore.

You know why.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Have a snickers."

OMG what about those with peanut allergies?!?!?! SO insensitive!
edit on 24-3-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The only thing you're allowed to do on a campus these days appears to be agree.

It's actually rather frightening. There's no room for dissenting opinion. They figured out a foolproof way to shut up people they don't agree with.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I did it at 6 flags years ago, fat suit w those giant nerf q-tip batons.

was the late 90s, no SJW were harmed.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is a blizzard of snowflakes coming.

One day, very soon, we'll be in the minority, and the snow flakes will be in the majority.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Fat people are not a protected class of people, it's a lifestyle choice for 99% of them. Sumos made them feel ashamed? Sounds like time for a diet, if a Sumo "fat suit" make you feel fat. FYF.

No, they are not a protected class of people, however there was a time where it was just common respect that one should not make fun of people with weight problems. Just as it was common not to be rude, or demeaning to those with physcial handicaps.

People may have judged silently in their head, and occasionally you had a ignorant person who would open their mouth and say something hurtful, but over all, people were fairly decent out of respect.

But no, no one needed a "safe space", just as no one was openly rude and hostile.

My how times change, and not always for the better.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I guess I feel differently.

There are already some questionable "laws" being passed. One right here in MI. So who is to say, they aren't going to grow up and demand "laws" get passed?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Sadly those days are gone, with no hopes of returning.

Everyone wants to tell everyone else how to feel and think, so I am just going to be my A-hole self.

Am I not the snowiest snow flake?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Cygnis

Sadly those days are gone, with no hopes of returning.

Everyone wants to tell everyone else how to feel and think, so I am just going to be my A-hole self.

Am I not the snowiest snow flake?

I prefer the approach, most of the time of "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt".

There are times, I just can't simply help myself.

Tho, I do treat others as I wish to be treated. Which at times, makes me an asshole, 'cuz I certainly don't want to be coddled and have sunshine blown up places it isn't intended to go.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I am offended.

This thread is a trigger.

The OP is part of the patriarchy. He is repressing us with his privilege.

I demand ATS close this thread, ban the OP, reprimand everyone who agreed with him, and reward me for my suffering.

Or else I will sue.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I am offended.

I demand ATS close this thread, ban the OP, reprimand everyone who agreed with him, and reward me for my suffering.

Or else I will sue.

I will slink away, bowed and bloodied by the stick of political correctness. Well played Sir, well played.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I am offended.

Or else I will sue.

If you sue, you will be creating micro-aggressions against many.

That will hurt feelings.

Opening you up for a counter-suit.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So now we are switching from being whiners about the whiners, to being the victims of the whiners.

Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, i think people are just having a good laugh at all the SSS people.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
So now we are switching from being whiners about the whiners, to being the victims of the whiners.

Imagine that.

Why are you whining about the whiners whining about the whiners and not whining about the whiners?

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: introvert

Imagine that.

Why are you whining about the whiners whining about the whiners and not whining about the whiners?

Quit whining, ya whiner.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So this happened in California? Does that really surprise you? Wait a second, I think I can hear Bill Hicks mentioning something about Arizona Bay from the heavens.....

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just realized my new avatar might be triggering some people on this site. Telling me I'm triggering you triggers me.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I just realized my new avatar might be triggering some people on this site. Telling me I'm triggering you triggers me.

Your avatar is micro-aggressing the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't know about your avatar triggering me, per se, but I have a cat who is terribly triggered by your avatar's insensitive portrayal of, erm, big-boned kitties everywhere.

And while she didn't convey that sentiment in so many words, I am going to be offended on her behalf because I just KNOW she is devastated. You, you fat cat hater!
edit on 24-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join