It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Monsanto GM corn caused tumors in rats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Why would they do that?

Indians weren't told that they had to buy seed every year. They are poor and seed represents a significant investment yearly. Besides the 'genetic' pesticide wasn't working, why they were sold pesticide, that they commit suicide with.

article

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

I like your post, except for:

This is a company whose history is littered with scandals. If you want to eat their poison then go ahead but thankfully most people know better.

I don't agree. I think "most" people just buy their food, eat it, and trust that the authorities are looking after them.

There is much we don't know about how these things work until we have a personal reason to find out. My property and myself were horribly poisoned by a lawn company that came to our property in error. I will name only two, maybe three, highlights that I feel are pertinent to this topic:

1) These chemicals are fast acting and no nonsense. We were living in a desert environment, with intermittent monsoons, so growing anything was difficult. Nevertheless, we managed to grow a few large, impressive looking artichoke plants, with fist sized fruit on them. The boy who sprayed our land, did not spray these plants. He sprayed the opposite side of a five foot wooden fence. But the next morning, every one of my two year old plants was flat and dead on the ground like road kill -- and nothing would grow on our land again except for weeds.

2) When you call Poison Control, you are unknowingly transferred to the culprit company, who will lie to you and tell you that there is nothing to be concerned about. They will refer to the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) but only share the "active ingredients." The issue is, the pesticide and herbicide companies have a special, and unique to them, legal interpretation for what that word "active" means. The "inactive ingredients" are where the bad stuff is, and that information is protected as proprietary information.

3) There is some fishy stuff going on with the MSDS sheets. As a past draftsman, when we created any document, every change, once the item has been submitted, gets a Revision Date and a Revision Number, so that the changes can be tracked. It is this way with the MSDS sheets. I was exposed to a chemical stew that included, but was no limited to, Round-Up and a product called Pendulum AquaCap, that has been renamed. And here I can uncover two lies:

a) On the Pendulum AquaCap MSDS sheet, it said on the bottom, "Do not use with Round-Up." But later on, when they both knew of my poisoning, that particular MSDS sheet disappeared from the earth. In subsequent sheets, that line was taken out and the resulting MSDS sheets were re-numbered. Had that information of not mixing been in error, there would simply have been a subsequent Revision stating such. It was during this time frame that a whole bunch of sites started disappearing from the Internet. Many of these were containing lists of the people who had died from such exposures.

b) On that same sheet, it said that the product had a half life of a few months, but over two years later, after the neurologist had dismissed me because he had discovered that there were three parts of my brain affected, along with signs of both chronic and acute poisoning -- which he simply threw up his hands and said were impossible and so instead tried to prescribe anti-depressants -- I had the soil tested and the product was still there, despite two years of monsoons.

4) Regarding something written here someplace about DNA changes: I had been wearing sandals that day and my feet were drenched. When I went to wash it off, it felt like acid coming from the tap. That was because the stuff was water activated. The next day I had a black line down the center of a couple of toe nails. But I had a business to run and I believed what I was told on the phone, since we had called "Poison Control" three times. Today I have 8 out of 10 toe nails that are horribly disfigured.

Sorry guys, I said I would share only two or three items. I get upset just thinking about this, and you have no idea just how much corruption is out there. I've barely scratched the surface of my own experience as far as other things we uncovered, dealing with this gift that keeps on giving. I am "grateful" that I am still alive, but ungrateful that this is even an issue, as people with similar exposures didn't live beyond two years. (We had a holistic practice so we knew what not to do, and so I am still here 13 years later, but also still angry as hell about this.)

But my point is that people truly don't know to be concerned. We didn't, or we thought that our concern at the time was adequate. I'm tempted to just delete this, but I am going to take a chance and hit Reply.

edit on 24-3-2016 by ClownFish because: Something got messed up and accidentally repeated. I took out the repeat.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: theboarman

Don't know if this has been posted before but I read this same report last year. Personally, it should be posted regularly and often. F# Monsanto.

Why do you think a bogus study needs to be posted regularly and often?

Let's just forge the report implying that Monsantoe's product causes cancer in rats and take a look at just how ruthless Monsanto is. For starters,
The Public Patent Foundation filed claims in the Southern District of New York challenging the validity of 23 of Monsanto's patents on genetically modified seed, on behalf of the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association and 82 other farming associations.[43] The group contended that they were being forced to sue pre-emptively to protect themselves from being accused of patent infringement should their fields ever become contaminated by Monsanto's genetically modified seed.[44] Monsanto moved for dismissal, citing a public pledge it made not to "exercise its patent rights where trace amounts of our patented seed or traits are present in farmer's fields as a result of inadvertent means."[16][45] District Court Judge Naomi Buchwald dismissed the lawsuit in 2012, and criticized the plaintiffs in her order for a "transparent effort to create a controversy where none exists."[45][46] In June 2013, the Federal Circuit affirmed the District Court decision.[17][47] The Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal in January 2014.[48]
Under this ruling Monsanto "can" and may very well try to do exactly what the suit was intended to prevent.

I don't know why I attempt to copy and paste when anyone interested should research "Monsanto's history. A good place to start is here.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Start buying heirloom seeds, they are getting harder to find, and if monsanto has their way they will be your only option in the future. Also start a garden, If you have a yard... even if its a rental start a garden, talk to the home owner offer part of your crop as compensation to get permission.

don't forget that container gardening is a completely viable option as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I try not to eat anything that has anything to do with Monsatan. It is impossible to stay away from all of their stuff, but as long as I can keep my diet mostly clear of it I feel I will be healthier. So far so good, we only consume small amounts of their chemistry. Store bought chicken and pork are my major intake. Much of the other stuff we consume is homemade and not much of Monsanto's chemistry is used in the creation of the ingredients. We eat about half organic.

So what have I found about organic naturally raised foods? Usually I get full faster off of grass fed organic beef than storebought commercial. Same with chickens raised free range and fed organic, they also taste great and I eat about half of what I would eat of commercial chickens. Evidently the extra real natural flavor satisfies me, so I eat half as much. The price is about twice as much so I guess it comes out to cost about the same.

We noticed a reduction in food consumed when we tried going mostly organic for a couple of months. Everything tasted great too. Trouble is that going organic can get boring. I like junk food too, and organic junk food really sucks.

We also found that when we cut back on the commercial regular foods, our thinking got clearer. I keep getting low on salt though, it's hard to fathom how much salt I need if I don't eat that prepared food. I almost feel guilty when I have to add salt to everything. The wife doesn't excrete as much salt as I do, it appears it is a genetic thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Indians weren't told that they had to buy seed every year. They are poor and seed represents a significant investment yearly.
That is not what your article says, it says that the farmers suicided because their crops failed. Never mind the fact that your article is absurdly wrong in blaming 291,000 suicides on GM cotton.
Another article
edit on 3/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Revealed: Life causes tumors in rats.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: intrptr

Indians weren't told that they had to buy seed every year. They are poor and seed represents a significant investment yearly.
That is not what your article says, it says that the farmers suicided because their crops failed. Never mind the fact that your article is absurdly wrong in blaming 291,000 suicides on GM cotton.
Another article

And your particle explains in great detail how its a myth but goes on to say…

A common method of suicide is ingesting pesticides.

Blaming banks, poor people with 'mental health' issues, citing world wide suicide statistics, anything but Monsanto.

The cotton worked for the first year by the way, succeeding years the crops failed because a blight became immune.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You failed to mention the kind of rats they used are known to get tumors naturally. Also gmos have been around for thousands of years, naturally.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jpyritz

Just leave this here

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

false, show me where humans thousands of years ago could modify the genes of what they ate, also humans are known to get tumors naturally so does that mean all studys on tumors in humans cant be accepted? as for the link you left below i covered that this study was republished on page 1 and 2 i believe found no wrong doing.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

false, show me where humans thousands of years ago could modify the genes of what they ate,

The wild grass that modern corn was derived from was genetically modified via selective breeding over 10,000 years ago. Same goes for many of the fruits and vegetables we eat today. WE dramatically changed the genetic identity of these plants. Over the course of the last ten thousand years we have continually modified the genetic makeup of our crops. We have been able to do it to finer and finer degrees and now we can manipulate individual genes to express themselves or mute themselves.

edit on 24 3 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

false, show me where humans thousands of years ago could modify the genes of what they ate, also humans are known to get tumors naturally so does that mean all studys on tumors in humans cant be accepted?

When you use a rat who has a genetic predisposition to cancerous tumor development, and the basis of your hypothesis is that GMO corn from Monsanto will give you cancer, then it stands to reason that the study was contaminated from the start. Especially when the cancer developed in the control group as well.

Use different rats and allow peer review before publishing so it doesn't become some ridiculous propaganda piece for RT to parrot as fact.
edit on 24 3 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They told us this long ago but thanks for the reminder. Also remember just because it says organic doesn't mean its GMO free, they usually mark it free if it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Projectvxn explained it pretty well. Did you know that insulin is now made because of gmos. No longer have to grind cow and pig pancreas anymore. Golden rice have helped millions of people who cant the vitamins they need. Every fruit and vegetable you eat has gone through some gmo process.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

im sick of you pro gmo people useing the same argument, its not the same thing. we are literally taking away or adding gens we want not doing it naturally wherewe will get the results or we most likely would not. take apples that dont go brown when you cut them, that is unnatural and those mutations wouldnt have happened normally, and why anyone would eat it it is beyond me.
edit on 25-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Complete lie. It would be like only choosing people with a genetic mutation making cancer more common than the norm for humans. That's what they did in this study.

Just an FYI I am not pro GMO, try to avoid it .. this study is utter crap.
edit on 25-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Why oh Why does MONSANTO insist on OWNING this?

They want to own Seeds so that people can't grow anything without their approval.

WTF... Wake up already... Do you know how many people have committed Suicide in foreign Countries because of these Dick Wads?

Are You even thinking Rationally right now?

When evil people want to Own and Control the Planet and it's food supply, i among others with 'common sense' call that Natzi'izm. Are you a Nazi Sympathizer? do you really want one corporation to supply your family's food supply?

Wake the Fark Up!
edit on 3/25/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thank you. I could not have said it better, except to add that there are many forms of suicide and they aren't confined to foreign countries. I've been dying a slow death for 13 years, 7 days and 15 hours.

These debunkers don't have skin in the game. If I were a lesser man, I would wish my experience onto them. I guarantee they would be singing a different tune.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Under this ruling Monsanto "can" and may very well try to do exactly what the suit was intended to prevent.

1. Have they ever actually done this? Or is this just speculation?
2. What does this have to do with posting a bogus study?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join