It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I did something pretty rude today. What would you have done?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Prezbo369

Yeah... because he broke no social boundaries on his own.

LOL get real.

Nope he really didn't, it was a public coffee shop and he attempted to spark a conversation....

I take it you've never attempted such a feat?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
You were in a public coffee shop, not your workplace. If you cannot handle social interactions you should stay at home and keep your pretentiousness to yourself.

You missed the part where she was "away from home, in the city to do some research, then was using the shops Internet to get a piece of writing done and sent."

Out of curiosity, what part of the world do you live in where it is considered pretentious to decline to engage in an ongoing conversation with the type of stranger who wants you to put their earbuds in your ears, while you're doing work? I just want to make sure to avoid the area, as I'm averse to massive simultaneous doses of weird and creepy.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

If there's ever a next time, I'm going to pull out my phone, log onto ATS, and read this word for word.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

He called you a "bitch"? Are you female? Was he trying to pick you up, you think?

I think you were too nice. I would have "cold shouldered" him at his first question, "What kind of music are you into?". It's a coffee shop, not a bar!

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

He looked like just your average Joe. No outward feelings of "hipster"...but I think his heart wears a beanie that's just about to fall off. It's his spirit animal.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You sound perfectly charming. Maybe he wanted a date? I hope I would have done exactly the same thing as you. He should have read the cues and after initial niceties were exchanged he should have drank his coffee and listened to his music, leaving someone who was obviously working in peace.

🐱

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Okay, so you thought it was rude. What would you have done, though?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You should've said:
"I think the Velvet Underground is better, because on 'Pale Blue Eyes', the D chord transitions perfectly into the Bm chord."

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

You missed the part where she was "away from home, in the city to do some research, then was using the shops Internet to get a piece of writing done and sent."

It was a public coffee shop, free wifi is nice but it doesn't then turn it into a formal workplace....

Out of curiosity, what part of the world do you live in where it is considered pretentious to decline to engage in an ongoing conversation with the type of stranger who wants you to put their earbuds in your ears, while you're doing work? I just want to make sure to avoid the area, as I'm averse to massive simultaneous doses of weird and creepy.

The weird type of place where such interactions are common in public shops and bars and where strangers aren't treated like lepers purely because they have the nerve to spark up a conversation.

I take it you're not allowed to do this where you're from without a written invitation and a blood test?....

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Got me, busted, I have never had a social interaction in public.

If only I could gain some of your oozing charisma.

link   
Being a public place doesn't matter I would have told him to piss off and ask some one who cares. Plenty of people other than the OP to talk to and some might actually care. Coffee shops are for coffee,they are not an open forum to see if your band is any good.

But that's just me I suppose. I haven't once went to a coffee shop,restaurant or even a fast food chain with the interest to listen to anyone but the people I showed up with. Any random
person can beat it because I don't care about their day what so ever.

a reply to: [post=20521145]Prezbo369[/post

link   
You weren't rude. You're not obliged to talk to strange men who haven't been introduced to you.

He should understand that before trying to converse with you. If he wanted to take a chance on talking to a stranger then he ought to have been prepared for whatever reaction he got.

Calling you a bitch was rude and just his attempt at saving face. Cos how much better that made him look, right?

Personally, I think you went beyond the call of duty. If it happens again, make a quicker exit. You don't need to give people like that the time of day.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"He just wouldn't stop rambling, so I packed my laptop, got up and walked away. As I was walking away he said, "Okay, b*%^h."

I take this as a compliment, blows their minds. I tell them thank you, it takes a lot of practice to become a good B#@ch.

He was wanting your table, you did what most would in the same situation.

He was the rude one, not you!

edit on 23-3-2016 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The way I would have handled it:

By the time he asked me to put his earbuds in, I would have said, "Im beginning to regret sharing my table with you....can you let me work please?"

But to be honest, I would have had my own earbuds in trying to work, and would have not looked up at someone asking me to share my table.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

nobody gaf about those bands outside of a small niche,

The Velvet Underground is one of the greatest and most influential bands ever. I couldn't begin to list the
musicians who not only admire, but revere them.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Poor you

You have been born into wrong country and you should move to FINLAND ASAP.. where nothing is as important than personal space, solitude and silence.. grins

Well i don´t think you were rude.. you told the guy before he sat down but he didn´t respect your wish to work.. so he was the rude one.. literally
edit on 23-3-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Atsbhct...

While we're on the subject, who do you like more? Elvis or Roy Orbison?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Save it for Starbucks.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Finland sounds delightful.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Lol, since you asked, and I have the time. Elvis is the man for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join