It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court rebukes IRS for tea party targeting, orders release of secret list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Looks like that old dried up IRS/Tea Party scandal isn't quite over with.

A Federal Appeals Court has ruled against the IRS and the IRS is being ridiculed.

The Court said the IRS has used the very laws designed to protect taxpayers and used those laws against taxpayers !!!

Well that's an understatement.

And to boot, the IRS is ordered to produce a full list of targeted groups.

And, judges said the lawyers for the IRS acted in bad faith !!!! (what a surprise)

The Court order(s) open the doors for lawsuits against the IRS to proceed.

Court rebukes IRS for tea party targeting, orders release of secret list

A federal appeals court spanked the IRS Tuesday, saying it has taken laws designed to protect taxpayers from the government and turned them on their head, using them to try to protect the tax agency from the very tea party groups it targeted.

The judges ordered the IRS to quickly turn over the full list of groups it targeted so that a class-action lawsuit, filed by the NorCal Tea Party Patriots, can proceed. The judges also accused the Justice Department lawyers, who are representing the IRS in the case, of acting in bad faith — compounding the initial targeting — by fighting the disclosure.

“The lawyers in the Department of Justice have a long and storied tradition of defending the nation’s interests and enforcing its laws — all of them, not just selective ones — in a manner worthy of the Department’s name. The conduct of the IRS’s attorneys in the district court falls outside that tradition,” Judge Raymond Kethledge wrote in a unanimous opinion for a three-judge panel of the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. “We expect that the IRS will do better going forward.”

Open Sesame Lois Lerner !!

DaaaaHaHaHa

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

One of the main reasons I am for a flat tax is so we can diminish the power that this reprehensible agency wields. The IRS needs to be strangled with an extension cord.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

14% flat tax is the intended rate as of today. Who knows what it will be or if it will be tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One of the main reasons I am for a flat tax is so we can diminish the power that this reprehensible agency wields. The IRS needs to be strangled with an extension cord.

There was never supposed to be an "income tax" to begin with. All monies to the federal government were supposed to come from sales tax and tariffs. I am against ANY income tax whatsoever. I know...never gonna happen.

On topic: I'm sure the IRS is shaking in their boots. NOT. This is nothing to them. A token slap on the hands, and they're back to doing what they do best. Screwing the citizens.
edit on 3/22/2016 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Does this mean, in the end Obama gets tossed out and literally everything he touched gets tossed out too?

His Presidency is deserving of a redo with someone else as POTUS, hell , even a Democrat (RIGHT LEANING) would be fine with me.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Since there is and it is not going away the only way to limit the excessive power this agency holds is to make most of what it does redundant. If there is little to no tax code to enforce they have nothing to hold over private citizen's heads.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There was never supposed to be an "income tax" to begin with. All monies to the federal government were supposed to come from sales tax and tariffs. I am against ANY income tax whatsoever. I know...never gonna happen.

On topic: I'm sure the IRS is shaking in their boots. NOT. This is nothing to them. A token slap on the hands, and they're back to doing what they do best. Screwing the citizens.

This is so true.

The 16th Amendment was the worst Amendment ever made to our Constitution. Let the Federal Government choke on their 21 trillion in debt. I am fine with putting the whole group of DC criminals out of work permanently.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And to boot, the IRS is ordered to produce a full list of targeted groups.

And, judges said the lawyers for the IRS acted in bad faith !!!! (what a surprise)

The Court order(s) open the doors for lawsuits against the IRS to proceed.

This would be awesome to see under someone like Trump.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

14% flat tax is the intended rate as of today. Who knows what it will be or if it will be tomorrow.

If u made those in charge pay the same rate as everyone else, I would think it would likely drop to 1 digit range.

edit on 08331America/ChicagoTue, 22 Mar 2016 22:08:19 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The IRS had my the wrong as number listed under my name. It took 2 years of craziness to fix. I even had to hire a lawyer at my expense. I am for a flat tax. I do even think it's legal to pay tax on income for working. IMO

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Meanwhile we got Obamacare.

If we get a flat tax we will get stuck with both the flat tax and the income tax.

Get rid of the income tax and the gov would still have as much money to spend as the whole budget of 2008 or so.

They tax so you will have less, not because they need more.

Poor folks don't do as much and are easier to manage.
edit on 22-3-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Can anyone form this special group of tax dodging? Maybe my family should look into it.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The IRS was created in tandem with the Federal Reserve.

In Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co., income taxes were ruled unconstitutional.

So the banksters circumvented this ruling by passing a "law" ie the Sixteenth Amendment.

They knew that people would never allow their incomes to be taxed on a local level so they did it via the federal government.

The Federal Reserve gave control of our money to the Rothschilds. Debt was to be repaid via income taxes (ie slavery) and the IRS was to be the Fed's enforcement division.

edit on 23-3-2016 by gladtobehere because: added image

new topics

top topics

join