It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Something Interesting?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I saw this driving home from my attorney's office. It was parked in a low activity area of Mitchell Field in Milwaukee.

It has no windows and absolutely no numbers on it. In fact the only thing on it is a small US flag on the tail.

Did I catch something interesting, or is Zaphod going to laugh at me?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Definately interesting mate, well done. It's things like this is what ATS is about.
TPTB must be getting lazy not to hide this sort of thing better, unless they want it to be seen, or it might be nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Don't yell!

Was it this?

E-6 Mercury

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Interesting tail boom…

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sorry, probably not that interesting. It is a 727 and has the engines missing. Probably a stripped former Fed-ex jet ( hence the lack of Windows). Could also be used as a training jet for flight mechanics.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Seeing a 727 is always interesting. That particular one is a former FedEx aircraft, donated in 2010 after they removed them from their fleet.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Seeing a 727 is always interesting. That particular one is a former FedEx aircraft, donated in 2010 after they removed them from their fleet.

Covered in white out. Question was, whats it purposed for?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Probably being used as an aircraft mechanic trainer like most of the other donated Fedex 727s.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree with Zaph. I like 727s for a commercial aircraft they were sorta unique with that rear stair ramp. I remember thinking how cool it was to disembark that way when I was a kid and we'd get to fly in them when visiting mexico. Mexicali airlines seemed to own a bunch of them and had put them to good use. So whenever I see a 727 I think about happier times as a kid traveling and visiting strange places.

Hey zaph,

Wasn't a 727 also used in a famous theft or robbery? The guy lowered the rear stairs in flight and parachuted out the back and nobodies ever found him. I know there was something that happened like that back in the 70's but forgot the details. Anybody remember that story?

edit on 22-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yes it was. That was D.B. Cooper. He jumped out with a chute on a flight from Seattle to Portland. Still a mystery to this day what happened to him.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: justwanttofly

Probably being used as an aircraft mechanic trainer like most of the other donated Fedex 727s.

These are the ones with rear stairs ? Maybe their are trainers alright. For covert airborne insertions…

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It was a cargo aircraft. They can't leave the FedEx markings or N-Number on it after it was deregistered, and retired. Instead of spending the money to repaint the entire aircraft they just slapped a coat of white paint over the markings.

It's non-airworthy and used for fire department and A&P training.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There are almost none flying anymore and jumping from those stairs was extremely dangerous. In 2013 there were less than 200 flying worldwide, out of almost 1900 built.
edit on 3/22/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Pretty hard to use for covert insertions from an aircraft with no engines.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That's because it's missing the panel that covered the jackscrew and other systems.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There are almost none flying anymore and jumping from those stairs was extremely dangerous. In 2013 there were less than 200 flying worldwide, out of almost 1900 built.

But 'theoretically' could be used in such a fashion by flying in airline corridors and dumping off special ops forces at high altitude, then wingsuiting for miles to covertly cross borders at night.

Come on, you never saw Navy Seals.

(I sawer it in the movies so I know they do that, lol.) But I'll let you disregard this suggestion and not present any info about those sorts of tactics.

HALO

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Everyone says its a trainer…

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

So could a C-130, which is a much better platform to jump from. Or any of a number of aircraft that are used by SOCOM that are far better for jumping from than a 727. Even highly experienced jumpers were scared of jumping from the back stairs of one.

If SOCOM is going for a long distance jump they use HAHO, not HALO, and use an airfoil chute, not a wingsuit. They can stay airborne longer with that than with the suit. And the 727 is still a lousy platform to jump from.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

For an A&P program and airport fire department.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Everyone says its a trainer…

....because it is.

Obvious to everyone except you apparently.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join