It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India both know about underground UFO base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
so sd, you couldnt translate youe wifes not so perfect english into properly spoken (written) english? all this 'news company' would need to do is have one editor whos milktounge is english.

Actually, I'm quite confident in my ability to do so. However, I doubt you will find me accepting such as position for -- what -- I'm guessing maybe Rs. 10,000 per month... No thanks.

I am sure you are absolutely correct that the solution is as simple as you state. However, I believe it is an issue of standards. I have heard horror stories from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, as well as from my wife. Ironically, the Indian press has more than once covered the stories of poor English, both as written in some of the text books as well as taught by some of the teachers to the very students who end up working at the newspapers!

This being said, there are some quality writers and publications in India -- please don't get me wrong. In fact, the Economic Times is a world-class publication, bar-none.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is that 1 should bung things aside just cos of grammar mistakes. The original source is from India so dont blame them for the grammar mistakes they make maybe they dont usually post stuff in English.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
The fact of the matter is that 1 should bung things aside just cos of grammar mistakes. The original source is from India so dont blame them for the grammar mistakes they make maybe they dont usually post stuff in English.

Good point, and this very well may be the case... However, I can attest to the fact that the same standards of grammar carry over to some print editions of English-language Indian dailies which print full and complete newspapers in English every day of the year.

In all fairness, often it's simply a matter of dialect, and while we might consider it to read slightly odd, they read it as perfectly normal.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i find it funny how easily people are influenced.thecry started this thread cuz he believed the article and chebob hit him up with some skeptism and right away he changed his tune.thecry if you believe in something dont let others dissuade you.you wont get executed for your beliefs.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
the grammar is only one piece to the puzzle. if they had a picture and bad grammar the story would be infinitely more believable. if they had another source and poor grammar it would be also etc etc etc. bad grammar and no evidence altogether is just poor work however.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I did some reasearch and the point they circled on the map includes a rather well used bridge. YOu think there would be a lot more witnessing and opportunites for recording proff.

Not to metion underground bases underneath mountains near a fault line genrally is not the smartest thing to do

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
i find it funny how easily people are influenced.thecry started this thread cuz he believed the article and chebob hit him up with some skeptism and right away he changed his tune.thecry if you believe in something dont let others dissuade you.you wont get executed for your beliefs.

I never said the article was true did I?..And I never changed my tune? I just threw out a theory of the possibility that's all.. I'm sure most of the threads on this website deserves some "skepticism" wouldn't you agree?? You act as if I wrote the article,I did not.If you want to criticize soneone for this article then get ahold of the person who wrote it!!

And oh yeah ,If I was worried about being executed for my beliefs I wouldn't be here.By the way why are you here??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join