It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India both know about underground UFO base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just found this surfing the net, I don't know if this has been posted before but here's the link
UFO BASE

I found this interesting considering the big earthquake that hit south east asia and the fact that India is considering coming clean about UFO's.
Could it be that the UFO's are responsible for these earth quakes?

Maybe these things don't come from outer space maybe they come from within the earth.Doesn't it say in the bible about serphants coming up from beneath the ocean,I wonder if this is what the bible is talking about?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
How many articvles form Inidia Daily are we going to be presented with before yo realize it is a load of balls. If it is an "informative" and credible news site, then I'm sure they could take the time to check the grammar and word structure. Until they do, It is very hard to look at it any other way.

Every time an article of that sort is posted here, it makes the "Disinformation" theory seem ever more realistic.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
How many articvles form Inidia Daily are we going to be presented with before yo realize it is a load of balls. If it is an "informative" and credible news site, then I'm sure they could take the time to check the grammar and word structure. Until they do, It is very hard to look at it any other way.

Every time an article of that sort is posted here, it makes the "Disinformation" theory seem ever more realistic.

Dont forget that maybe just maybe English is not the first language of the source so dont bung it aside on on the basis of grammar.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Dont forget that maybe just maybe English is not the first language of the source so dont bung it aside on on the basis of grammar.

I was about to say the same thing,could be just the translation.

Anyway... just something I found on the net with a touch of my wild imagination.. don't hate me for it!!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I'd be willing to accept that, were it not for the fact that the entire site IS in English. It is clear that the writers do speak and write English, they have no problem with spelling large words, yet they set out their articles in an unproffesinal manner that makes them appear amateur. A proffesional news or information site will always have reporters who can grasp the basics of English grammar.

I'll give an example, as I have befor, of the type of thing I am talking about. You may be right Drunk, you may well be, but you can't help but look at it and think "A teenager of the type that writes "IMG! I just sawn a UFO" wrote this"

Every human being though their current acts in life called �Karma� can alter the future lives to some extent, but changing the destiny in that large extent will not be allowed to that great an extent.

It is just unproffesional, not totally bad. Looks more like the work of one of us than that of a respectable journalist with little grasp of our fair language. I don't claim to be the perfect writer of English, but then I don't write *news* articles either.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry

I was about to say the same thing,could be just the translation.

Anyway... just something I found on the net with a touch of my wild imagination.. don't hate me for it!!

I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you. I just think that the articles posted from the site lately have been iffy to say the least. I have posted experiences about everything from Ghosts to Aliens, I'm not a total cynic, but I can smell a rat, and the smells coming from India Daily.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I'd be willing to accept that, were it not for the fact that the entire site IS in English. It is clear that the writers do speak and write English, they have no problem with spelling large words, yet they set out their articles in an unproffesinal manner that makes them appear amateur. A proffesional news or information site will always have reporters who can grasp the basics of English grammar.

I'll give an example, as I have befor, of the type of thing I am talking about. You may be right Drunk, you may well be, but you can't help but look at it and think "A teenager of the type that writes "IMG! I just sawn a UFO" wrote this"

Every human being though their current acts in life called �Karma� can alter the future lives to some extent, but changing the destiny in that large extent will not be allowed to that great an extent.

It is just unproffesional, not totally bad. Looks more like the work of one of us than that of a respectable journalist with little grasp of our fair language. I don't claim to be the perfect writer of English, but then I don't write *news* articles either.

Should we all discard your opinion just because you seem unable to spell the words "professional" and "unprofessional"?

[edit on 12/1/2005 by Deckard_BR26354]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard_BR26354
I don't claim to be the perfect writer of English, but then I don't write *news* articles either.

Should we all discard your opinion just because you seem unable to spell the words "professional" and "unprofessional"?

[edit on 12/1/2005 by Deckard_BR26354]

Did you read that part? I'l take that as a no then.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I don't hate you, I don't even dislike you. I just think that the articles posted from the site lately have been iffy to say the least. I have posted experiences about everything from Ghosts to Aliens, I'm not a total cynic, but I can smell a rat, and the smells coming from India Daily.

To be honest I never even realized that it was from the india daily untill I pasted it into the hyperlink,by then I just said what the hell.I don't know if the article is true or not but if I knew it was fake I wouldn't of posted it because I want to keep this site real,sure I have crazy theory's but I wouldn't intentionally lie or put misinformation down here for the hope of fooling someone,i'm not like that!

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Team India news story

a few other stories about the UFOs. Timesindia web site down-

Some misspellings from a non-English news source means zip to me.

This story is 'out there'.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Like I said, you might be right. They could be extremely well respected Authors with no time to learn good English. Fair enough too them, I can't be bothered to learn Indian so they've done more than me. I also make more grammatical and spelling mistakes than them, but then I'm posting on a message board not a News Website.

The website is clearly intended for the English Speaker, be that Brittish American or Indian. I fail to see how this makes it a "Non english" site, simply on the basis that the news is about India, or written by said Indians. Do Indians speak English? I always thought they did but geography has never been my strong point.

Fair do's if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to put my hands up and admit I'm wrong if and when UFO's appear from underground.

It's a great article, as are the other ones from there, but it will ALWAYS lose credibility when it is purported to be from a credible news source yet fails to get the message across in the language it is intended. If they cannot write well, they should leave that job to the MANY MILLIONS of English speaking Indians.

And because I know it is hard for some people here to read a point within a post, I will reitarate another point - I do not write for a News website and never will, I do however post on a message board and therefore feel no guilt about writing like a spaz occasionaly. If Iwas to write this way while reporting for BBC News, then I would feel that I am not suitable to the job.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
@chebob - even if your spelling was perfect, I still wouldn't agree with you. I think the point you're making is irrelevant. Facts are facts and fiction is fiction whether the spelling is correct or not doesn't matter.

I have no idea whether the story is fact or fiction - how would I know?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
check this:
India daily and UFO stories

Are there any names in this article? Any references?
So here you go...
I wish those articles presented by India Daily were true, so I wish ET would reveal their presents. Unfortunately nothing happened so far...
As much as we would like to apply wishful thinking to this stories facts remain facts....

greetings,
jazz

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i agree. i've seen some strange things. apparently the world is going to end on June the 3rd. but, if you think about it, the weather has been going out of control ever since boxing day. i wouldn't be too surprised.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Umm. from page Two:

This is the region where the Euresian plate and the Indian plate have created convergent plate boundaries. Convergent plate boundaries are formed where one plate dives under another. Consequently, this is one of the very few areas in the world where the depth of the earth's crust twice as thick as in other places.

Page Two

We are all aware, at least some of us anyhow, that in land regions where two tectonic plates rub and crash against each other that strange lights/"objects" are emitted, right? That the strange lights/"objects" cited could quite possibly be a natural phenomena.

From page Three:

The other alternative is that it is an underground strategic Air Force base of some one. Then why will either country allow the base on the official no man’s land in the highly sensitive disputed border area?

Page Three

Quite simply because which ever government owns this possible secret air base doesn't want to admit to the existence of such, maybe? You know, the same thing that happened concerning Area 51 and the U.S. governments denial of its existence for many, many years, you think?

seekerof

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
i agree. i've seen some strange things. apparently the world is going to end on June the 3rd. but, if you think about it, the weather has been going out of control ever since boxing day. i wouldn't be too surprised.

yes, its glaringly apparent. anyone who doesnt see it must not be wearing aluminum foil on their head.

as far as the news article is concerned, i guess it just works out jim freakin dandy that it is happening in the middle of 2 3rd world countries and there isnt a pic of video to go with it. no one would ever beleve the story if it was the border of texas and canada. i say its total bs no matter how its spelled.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Very Interesting read. Whether it is factual or not we shall never know. It was the kind of article that makes your brain start wondering... "hmmm what if".. Take if for what is it, stop being so skeptical! Hell, I was entertained.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Barcs]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There are plenty of reasons to disbelieve India Daily other than their lack of grammatical skill. It is India's answer to the Weekly World News folks...and is almost as believable, hehe...

I'd believe more stories about "Bat Boy" than anything in that rag...

As of a few weeks ago, it seems they've started on this same story arc...UFO incidents, no named sources, no corroboration from other sources, etc.

I love when people enter this threads for the sole purpose of being skeptical and act like it's totally false nomatter what.

On the contrary, I'd love for it to be true, but the short track record so far from them has been pretty piss poor to say the least. At least the Weekly World News names people, hehe...India Daily doesn't even go that far....

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. The truth is that with rare exception, this is how most English-language daily publications in India are written. The grammar and wording happens to read very ametuerish from our viewpoint.

My wife happens to be Indian, speak five languages & is highly intelligent, is degreed in English & Journalism, but sometimes still manages to sound like she's fresh off the boat...

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
so sd, you couldnt translate youe wifes not so perfect english into properly spoken (written) english? all this 'news company' would need to do is have one editor whos milktounge is english.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join