It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to Colorado Pot Law

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The SCOTUS rejected the challenge, brought by Oklahoma and Nebraska, on Monday.

www.nbcnews.com...

Glad the SCOTUS got it right today. It's ridiculous that these two states blame Colorado for essentially hurting them because of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado for recreational use.

Colorado recreational marijuana prices are very high so idk who would buy it here and sell it there...why take a risk like that with such little profit margin?

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
just unilaterally legalize the damn plant, everywhere, and concentrate on actual issues that threaten us all already.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Ah it is going to be such a different world when this plant is utilized to its full potential!

Next stop for legalization Vermont!!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well what do you expect form Oklahoma and Nebraska; Forward thinking progressive comprehension of reality?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Well what do you expect form Oklahoma and Nebraska; Forward thinking progressive comprehension of reality?

Even backwards ass thinking realizes dollar signs. I think they are more jealous over seeing what kind of tax revenue Colorado is taking in than it "spreading over the borders".

Just my 2c

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: olaru12

Even backwards ass thinking realizes dollar signs. I think they are more jealous over seeing what kind of tax revenue Colorado is taking in than it "spreading over the borders".

Just my 2c

Perhaps so, but from my perspective of doing business in both states....

Fundamentalist Christianity rules over money and pot is Satan's gateway drug into sin, degradation, and sexual prosmiscuity. They still believe "Reefer Madness" is the gospel truth.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Nebraska and Oklahoma said Colorado's decriminalization has "increased the flow of marijuana over their borders," forcing them to expend greater "law enforcement, judicial system, and penal system resources," thereby harming the welfare of their residents.

I would wholeheartedly agree that expanding greater law enforcement, judicial system, and penal system resources is harming the welfare of their residents.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hey as long as the push for national legalization keeps scoring legal precedences I'm all for it. We are far past the tipping point and this legalization is going to happen...its just a matter of time.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
just unilaterally legalize the damn plant, everywhere, and concentrate on actual issues that threaten us all already.

That would be waay too easy and make too much sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't doubt It's costing the surrounding states money, but at the same time nobody is stopping them from legalizing and taxing it themselves. Trying to fight pot legally is a drain on resources that could be better spent just about anywhere else.
edit on 21-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Good as it should have been rejected. Politicians are so bought and paid for on marijuana it's crazy. With that you're seeing as to why they just won't legalize(or even just change some laws) it even though that would be the most logical solution to state problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The price point is incorrect. The idea of the legalization is to flood the market so that no one makes money and it stops being a 'market' item. I mean maybe you could spend money at the store or you can grow more than enough for the year in your backyard.

The real issue is it is a plant that just grows like that. And Colorado recognizes the right to grow plants. Just because neighboring states say they don't like it does not make it illegal. Individuals who break the law and they may be punished per the local laws; this does not void the law of the land in Colorado.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
One drug down, umpteen others to go. Just maybe, MAYBE, this can be a catalyst that ends the war on drugs.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus

The price point is incorrect. The idea of the legalization is to flood the market so that no one makes money and it stops being a 'market' item. I mean maybe you could spend money at the store or you can grow more than enough for the year in your backyard.

The real issue is it is a plant that just grows like that. And Colorado recognizes the right to grow plants. Just because neighboring states say they don't like it does not make it illegal. Individuals who break the law and they may be punished per the local laws; this does not void the law of the land in Colorado.

So you've purchased marijuana at the rec dispensaries then?

Six plants is the limit when it comes to growing your own. Unless you grow for medical but then you face even more scrutiny.

Just wondering how you came to that opinion...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't know where to get that .gif of Orson Welles clapping but it belongs here.

For once in a lifetime, the SCOTUS got it right.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Dispensaries post thier prices online. And I have several friends who live there. The scrutiny of personal grows is virtually nonexistent. Once you start selling it the gov gets involved- taxes.

top topics

join