It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F1 2016 Australian GP , Fernando Alonso Walks away from Huge Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's a testament to the engineering and safety features of modern F1 cars that this thread isn't about the loss of a great former world champion.

Fernando was behind Esteban Gutierrez when as Gutierrez breaked Alonso moved to the left to avoid him but his his front wheel on the back of the car in front , hit the side barrier into a gravel trap and rolled the car a couple of times and ended up upside down against the tire wall.

So happy to see Fernando walk away from what was a massive accident , looking at the wreckage it could easily have been a different story.

edit on 20-3-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Watching highlights on channel 4 (UK) now. Hell of a crash, but just goes to show how well their safety cells are in those cars.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I'm glad he is OK-I assumed he went off the track because he loves attacking the apex-he is one of those go hard or go home drivers.

edit on 20-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wow, how the hell did he walk away from that?

A Big shout out to the engineers, I think Fernando owes them several cervezas.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Watching highlights on channel 4 (UK) now. Hell of a crash, but just goes to show how well their safety cells are in those cars.

Also shows how effective those sand traps are for slowing momentum. Engineering definitely saved his life. Those cars are basically giant crumple zones surrounding their cell. Now, if the engineers could do something about stained underwear...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Bummed, the video has been removed....I'm glad he is ok though.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I hate the way other pilots treat him. They are reckless for fame. Alonso is hands down one of if not the best pilot F1 has.

He always gets crappy cars and teammates he has to then carry....but somehow he does well enough.

His only mistake is being so loyal to his team.

edit on 3 20 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join