It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iain Duncan Smith resigns!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think this could be historical.

Mr Duncan Smith has had a change of heart over defending the indefensible and he has totally blind sided me. According to some members this would demonstrate my bias, but I am truly astounded.

This could take down Osborne, perhaps not, but it could.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Silly typos

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Maybe I have been tarring and feathering him a little too much, it was rumoured he had a severe argument with Osbourne over his welfare cut's and I thought that was just political play but maybe I was wrong, maybe there IS a grain of decency in the man after all.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Is Corbyn's "Grown up" politics beginning to have an effect?

I don't agree with Cameron's or Corbyn's stance on Europe, I really want out.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Duncan Smith has stated the latest ( if not all ) cuts in welfare benefit are being carried out for POLITICAL not financial reasons.

The " Nasty Party " is in full swing. Their moto to the poor and disabled " Kick the bastards while they are down "

Shame on anyone who voted this vile bunch into power.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Never been so shocked in my life!

I hope this is the start of a massive rebellion because there are a lot of backbenchers sickened at the disability decisions. They havedeliberately tried to make sure many will never get the points to receive PIP. Disabled benefits dont consider how people manage cleaning house, doing garden etc if they have MS, Parkinsons and a lot of people rely on the money to pay someone to help with these things, plus petrol for car, taxis etc. Its all false economy anyway because a lot of cases go to Tribunal to be appealed and about 70% decisions are overturned. Tribunal proceedings and appeal process probably costs a fortune to government, paying back to work programs etc which dont help but pressure on already ill people.

Maybe IDS does have feelings afterall and has been wrongly demonised but I can never forget the image of him hitting the air in delight at tax credit cuts!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wow, that's a surprise. I could almost start to believe he has a tiny particle of decency somewhere deep in his heart.
Almost.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I want out but selectively, I do not want to see our nation harmed internally by the breed of ultra right wingers whom want to remove human right's laws etc but I do want to see them overhauled so that they can not be abused as we have heard so many times in the past.
Did you know that apparently there is an ongoing UN investigation into the UK for human right's abuse against the disabled.
www.theguardian.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

I want our border control's back, the power of brussels curtailed and our net contribution refunded so that we pay only what we get back from europe rather than subsidising eastern europe, I want an end to Polish (And others) claiming to have 9 kid's back home and claiming family allowance which is then paid into there bank account's back in Poland and I want an end to business getting away with laying off British workers to hire foreigners.

BUT Under no circumstance to I want that bunck of lying, snivelling, conniving and downright rotten Tory's back in power ever again even if that mean's we do have to step down from her pre eminant position as a nuclear power (Which I am certain Corbyn will not be able to push even if he get's into power as that policy would require a majority in the house which it would not get so that aside and of course there PRO EU stance which I disagree with I do prefere Labour, why oh why is there not a party to actually represent the interest of the British people out there, they are all in it for there own end's be they idiological or economic.
edit on 18-3-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Priti Patel will step in...You thought Schmitt was bad. you aint seen nothing yet.

In fact, when it comes to the Tory party, Name your next Bastard for work and pensions.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
He should never have been given the opportunity to resign. He should have been fired....From a Canon into the north sea.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

A caste system in the UK, rolling back labour's legacy absolutely and making the poor into the untouchable's.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
PR stunt. The guy's just as bad as JS right?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The vilest of them all IMO is David Cameron because he should know better than anyone the costs and difficulties of disability after having a disabled child.

I wonder whether IDS has done this so he can put all his energies into Brexit Campaign. The tories in leave campaign had already been told they would need to resign if they wanted to campaign full time and as Boris looks likely to be next leader I wonder whether IDS is just taking his chances of maybe rejoining any new cabinet!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I want out but selectively, I do not want to see our nation harmed internally by the breed of ultra right wingers whom want to remove human right's laws etc but I do want to see them overhauled so that they can not be abused as we have heard so many times in the past.
Did you know that apparently there is an ongoing UN investigation into the UK for human right's abuse against the disabled.
www.theguardian.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

I want our border control's back, the power of brussels curtailed and our net contribution refunded so that we pay only what we get back from europe rather than subsidising eastern europe, I want an end to Polish (And others) claiming to have 9 kid's back home and claiming family allowance which is then paid into there bank account's back in Poland and I want an end to business getting away with laying off British workers to hire foreigners.

BUT Under no circumstance to I want that bunck of lying, snivelling, conniving and downright rotten Tory's back in power ever again even if that mean's we do have to step down from her pre eminant position as a nuclear power (Which I am certain Corbyn will not be able to push even if he get's into power as that policy would require a majority in the house which it would not get so that aside and of course there PRO EU stance which I disagree with I do prefere Labour, why oh why is there not a party to actually represent the interest of the British people out there, they are all in it for there own end's be they idiological or economic.

We won't allow that to happen, despite what people say, or think.

For me, the whole open borders thing, I don't agree with; the genuine asylum seekers, I would warmly welcome.
edit on 18/3/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

www.theguardian.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

Yes it was brought to the attention of the EU by Disabled groups. I dont see a problem.

Workfare was deemed illegal by the courts here never mind Europe, yet Duncan Schmitt changes the law overnight...Just who do you fear most with regards to human rights abuses and who would you rather trust with upholding our human rights.

I know where i stand and it's not Westminster.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Priti Patel will step in...You thought Schmitt was bad. you aint seen nothing yet.

In fact, when it comes to the Tory party, Name your next Bastard for work and pensions.

I swear that was my first thought, utterly vile woman she is!

I still despise the man, i'd give anything for this party and their ideology to be finished for good!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Maybe IDS does have feelings afterall

Na.
He's a nasty little man who has made some peoples lives a misery om his crusade to save the poor from the poor by penalizing them , I'm glad he's gone but I smell a whiff of gunpowder ,treason and plot at Westminster.
IDS carries a lot of support within the Parliamentary Tory party , I think this is more about the Brexit referendum rather than any concern for the disabled , I think he's lining himself up for a senior position in a Boris Johnson led government when / if Cameron losses on the 23rd.
Politicians are slimy little .........

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think it is definitely more to do with brexit. We will soon find out because if a massive smear campaign starts against remain with stuff he has on Cameron etc.

And as I said I can never get the image of him out of my mind hitting the air in House of Commons

I still dont know how they ever got voted back in.

Letter of resignation is here a reply to: gortex

www.itv.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Got to admit, this has totally blind sided me aswell. When I watched him punch the air shouting "YES YES YES" at the tax credit cuts I was absolutely disgusted and was repulsed at how he could be so vile, now this???? WTF?????

I`m going to reserve my judgement on IDS at the moment, but am thinking there is something more to this sudden turn around, perhaps something connected to him backing brexit, I dunno, i think politicians like him do not have a conscience at all and will give it time to see what really motivated his decision before i throw any praise his way.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I feel similar about Iain Duncan Smith.

He has had enough of the Bullshine and the bad news.

He also wants out of Europe, he's on the next Prime Minister's side now.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

He has had enough of the Bullshine and the bad news.

Don't be fooled into thinking Duncan Smith has suddenly found " The Road To Damascus ". He ain't.

Duncan Smith is as slimy as the rest of 'em. Duncan Smith will only do what is good for Duncan Smith.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join