It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox 44:”Ask me every time” cookie option removed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
issue link

Hey, what a nice day with the sun shining and all. Until I realized that it's weird that it's been a long time since any site asked me to store a cookie.
Oh yeah, It's because FF enabled everyone to store whatever crap they want by default on my disk.
Anyway times are changing. Me enabling addblock on a site just as a gesture of a good will...I thought it's my ceiling with my noScript still doing a wonderfull job (lol) but wait. Today I found myself flirting with "Self-Destructing Cookies" add on - actually allowing sites to use cookies for a while. I'm a bit tired of denying cookies and I do crazy stuff from time to time but this has to stop.
I have to say this add-on actually allowed me to get rid of 3 tracking cookies (f.e. youtube!) while keeping me logged in. Not bad but still. I'll look for something better as I'm not used to let anyone to store dozens of cookies full of whatever unknown code. Any suggestions? I need to go back to normalcy as I surf a lot (hundreds of tabs) and my PC can be used by other people too.
edit on 18/3/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ
That would drive me crazy, to be asked about every cookie?
Maxthon, which I use doesn't do that. It is set to automatically clear most cookies, except whitelisted ones and cache when I close it.

You might have to go back to 2002. Whatever you have should be doing what you want how you set it. Not cookie by cookie.

Adblock blocks ads and popups. You can whitelist sites like ATS. Your antivirus should be doing the rest.

edit on 18-3-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I use self destructing cookies on firefox made by ove , it automatically removes the cookie when the browser is not open good little programme

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Clearing cookies is not the same thing as not setting them at all in the first place.
It was not so bad. Mostly one additional "deny" click or "allow for session". I think it was the BBC I had to close after 10 or 20 attempts. Then you know they want to get more than they give. I gladly gave up the damn article. You wouldn't believe how many scripts and third side scripts and cookies were needed to watch a vid. It's educational. No thanks CCTV society.
Ever tried to watch a soccer stream at let's say oleoletv? Try it with and without addblock, noscript and cookie managing to know what I'm talking about.
The FF exception section is now useless. It's just out of control. You can deny everything while loosing functionality or allow everything.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Way to much hard work bud , i just watch as the cookies get blasted

addons.mozilla.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just let Firefox allow all cookies, then i use CCleaner to clean them out while keeping the ones I choose to keep in CCleaner's options menu. I usually keep cookies for sites I frequent like ATS and other forums so I don't have to keep logging in.

Then CCleaner whisks away all other cookies I don't want or need.

edit on 18-3-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I used CCleaaner but found ASC giving a much deeper care. It still doesn't prevent cookies from saving on a disk. You have to run CCleaner manually to delete them.

top topics

join