It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Congressman Says Elizabeth Warren Needs To Be ‘Neutered’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
There are an awful lot of angry folks out there these days. A lot of it is misplaced anger (seriously, not EVERYTHING is Obama’s fault), and it often teeters on the edge of a lynchmob mentality. It’s rampant in the political threads here on ATS. Anyone who wants to have a rational exchange of ideas, or maybe debate possible socio-economic solutions to whatever ails this country, or the world, and ends up here on ATS has made a seriously wrong turn somewhere because

WE DON’T WANT YOUR STINKING SOLUTIONS!! YOUR GOOD SENSE AND REASON WE SPIT ON LIKE DIRTY DOGS!

I do come here and read certain threads to get a feel for what people are thinking, but will rarely get into a pissing contest with someone who just seems to be mad at the world. For me that’s no fun, and it never resolves anything. If someone starts dumping on me for no good reason, I may reply once or twice at most, but refuse to get into a mud-wrestling match.

On the flipside, there are a number of members here on ATS that I do like. That’s true of both lefties and righties, but mostly lefties. For me it depends on the issue as to whether I lean to one side or the other, though I definately tend to lean left the most. I’ve never understood why so many folks take a strict party stance regardless of the issue. Also, I’ve found certain members whose politics I can’t stand, but I really like them in the science related forums. It’s funny how someone (yes, I include myself) can be such a nincompoop in one area and brilliant in another. I believe it has something to do with emotions; with an emotionally charged topic it’s easy for many of us to throw logic and reason out the window and revel in a good food-fight (or hanging, or shooting, or slashing, ...).

I do agree with you, ConstruKctionofLight, it does seem like more and more threads lately startout with a lot of merit, but end up in the toxic waste dump by page 2.

God, why am I posting this? Oh yeah, I believe worthless politicians was the subject of this thread. Well, I’m afraid we’re way overstocked in that area. We seriously need to start tightening the standards for positions of leadership in this country. I think all members of the Judicial, Legislative and Executive branches of government should be required to pass an IQ test, as well a psychological assessment, every 6 months at minimum. That way we could weedout the raging, foaming at the mouth, lunatic fringe before they are allowed to assume the offrice. We don’t have to make it too hard; maybe an IQ of at least 50, and no glaring signs of an impending psychotic breakdown would do for starters. That in itself would probably eliminate at least 1/2 of Congress.

Well, it’s been fun, but I gotta run.

Peace...

edit on 3/19/2016 by netbound because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2016 by netbound because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join