It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder resign?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There is plenty of incompetence To go around. Every form of government failed the residents of Flint. The local, County, state and federal officials all played a major role in the disaster by their actions or inaction. We need to fix the problem first, then assign appropriate blame and punishments for ALL officials who were part of the problem. No one is an angel here, all people in power and in the beauracracy ended up screwing the residents Flint.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

How? Which congress from state to federal is going to do an infrastructure bill? How are they going to cut taxes and save lives? Because since Flint, other states are doing better testing and finding high levels of toxins in their water too. Not to mention roads and bridges.

The entire switching of Flint's water source was to save money. So far Snyder's legal fees have cost Michigan tax payers $1.2 million and they say the state is broke. So how are they going to "fix" this?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Since Rick and his Goons wrecked people's lives he has another problem. Millions of bottled water are being handed out to the people of flint. Where are the empty plastic bottles going. I hope not the Flint River. Snyder should have to pay to replace every pipe in the city out of his pocket then go straight to prison and be locked away with the epa chief!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Just a photo not a viedo
We both lied under oath and were ripped apart by congress and told to resign but we will not resign this time. Can the state of Michigan impeach this man? Can out government please fire the EPA chief. If I poisoned just one person with bad water I would be locked up. Why is Snyder free? I don't get it!
edit on 18-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: Add

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This has been a disaster waiting to happen for over 10 years....before Emergency Managers, before this Governor was in office.

From an older post of mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Flint has known there was a problem with the Flint River water for many years...at least that is what I get from this long pdf file.....CITY OF FLINT WATER SUPPLY ASSESSMENT February 2013

From what I get, they used to do their own water, prior to 2004.
Then it seems they didn't want to treat it anymore....something happened.
They joined the Detroit water system about that time.

There's lots and lots of blame going on.
The federal EPA one of the top culprits....need I mention a certain recent disaster in a gold mine in the US. Environmental Protection is their business!!!!! And they do an abysmal job of it.

ETA
And please....the burden for this should NOT fall on the backs of the Residents of Michigan!!!!!!
edit on Fri Mar 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If Snyder was a Democrat would we be having this discussion? I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Flint residents were fine for 50yrs til the switch was made to save money.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I watched the Cspan Capital Hill Hearing.

It was about 2 hours, but I thought well worth my time.

YES. I think he should resign.

Below is the link to the video if your interested in watching.

www.c-span.org.../hearing-flint-michigan-water-contamination

And I want to add. I think this guy should go to jail! Along with some others.
edit on 18-3-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I agree 100%! Snyder needs to goto jail along with all his goons. Snyder knew the water was bad. All this to save money shame on you Snyder! I hope you do the right thing and resign.

I just hope for the people of Flint if Snyder resigns the process to fix the water issue will not slow down!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The EPA chief should be fired and locked up along with all the people who knew about Flints water problem and did nothing about it. Shame on all the people involved. I feel terrible for the good People of Flint, Michigan!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That is true, but to blame one man is tunnel vision.
This mess has been going on for YEARS, back when there was a different governor, who was from a different party.
Flint passed the buck, looked for a cheap way out....and the residents are now paying the price.

Solutions are needed, not scapegoats.

There should be a call to every population center to test water for serious contaminants....and make the finding public.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Pavil, I agree with you 100%! If Snyder resigns now I feel the process of repair will slow down. Snyder needs to fix his big mistake and then be sent to jail along with the EPA chief plus anyone he knew about the Flint water problem and did nothing about it. This should not fall on the good people of Flint!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But, you have the same problem Snyder has. How to pay for it all.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

DTOM, you brought up an excellent point. The former Mayor of Flint needs to be held accountable for passing the buck too. When people do bad it always catches up with you. Sometimes not right away but catches up.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Don't forget Detroit started it when the decided to shut the water off early. Just a minor thing but thats what happened.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

The EPA should be at the head of the list, maybe.
Double Standards Pollute EPA Enforcement

When it comes to enforcing the labyrinthine web of federal environmental laws and regulations against ordinary people, EPA is an unforgiving bureaucracy. Yet, as a scathing new Capitol Hill report on the Gold King Mine debacle documents, the agency takes a completely different tact when its own actions are under the microscope: EPA’s unelected bureaucrats resist meaningful oversight and accountability.

and before the Gold mine mess.....another EPA disaster.
Before Colorado mine disaster, EPA project caused spill in Georgia
from last August

In Greensboro, EPA-funded contractors grading a toxic 19th-century cotton mill site struck a water main, sending the deadly sediment into a nearby creek. Though that accident took place five months ago, the hazard continues as heavy storms -- one hit the area Tuesday -- wash more soil into the creek.

I am sure the list could go on and on, yet the EPA continues on its merry way, who know who and where is next....
edit on Fri Mar 18 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tag

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Rick Snyder has a net worth of 200 million. He should pay. Rick Snyder net worth.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

DTOM, I kindly thank you for sharing your great information!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Don't forget Detroit started it when the decided to shut the water off early. Just a minor thing but thats what happened.

Actually, I don't think that is what happened..
But, let me try to find that out.....unless you have a reliable source for that.

Looks like Flint did the break-off:

Since the financially struggling city broke away from the Detroit water system last year, residents have been unhappy with the smell, taste and appearance of water from the city's river as they await the completion of a pipe to Lake Huron.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Who will pay for it is the Plan B the governor always had in mind. The rest of the country. He will keep his 200mil. Probably get more for doing such a good job. He was elected twice.

<< 1    3 >>

join