It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder resign?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder today went in front of congress. Congressman told him to resign along with the EPA chief.
If Gov. Rick Snyder resigns will it make it worse for the people of Flint, MI? Sadly he is now fixing the water problem. With Rick out of office would it slow the progress being made?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

He has known since 2014 and done nothing, he belongs in jail.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I agree he belongs in jail. If he gets locked up will it slow the progress that he has made in Flint?
He made the mistake to save 4 million. I think he should fix the problem then resign!
edit on 17-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
He belongs in Guantanamo cell next to Clinton.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't think so, his replacement I would think would be quite motivated to cash in politically at the very least. Not that decency shouldn't be the motive, but we can see that most politicians could care less about decency.

Now that the press has a hold of this, I suspect it will be resolved as expeditiously as possible. I can hope.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Couldn't of said it better.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes BlueJacket, you have a great point. I just don't want his replacement to say HA, it was me who got all the flint pipes replaced.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

Agreed 100%

*gaurd waterboards Snyder with Flint water. You knew in 2114!

edit on 17-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Yes BlueJacket, you have a great point. I just don't want his replacement to say HA, it was me who got all the flint pipes replaced.

Why? Does it matter who gets the credit if the job gets done?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It needs to get done asap! My question was if Snyder resigns will it slow the process! This should have never happen in the first place. He put money over people. Terribly wrong!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

He did do something. /s He put in water tanks for state employees a year before this came out to public.

The voters gave him a second term to do his dirty deeds.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In my opinion, YES.

He has massively hurt the people of Flint through his poor management, caused economic havoc by attempting to save a handful of dollars a month, and obviously not followed through with clean-up and assistance when the problem was obvious, AND he knew about it and let it continue, putting his head in the sand then trying to pass the buck when it came out.

Utter. Fail. He's lucky he's not getting criminally charged, I think.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If he does, then a lot of other government officials at all levels ought to join. Flint is a mess that took much more than one official to create.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I believe he should be held accountable for this mess! He messed with people's lives over money. A bad man. I hope he will pay for this mistake. I also hope other Gov's from other states learn a lesson!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree 100%

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Absolutely!! He needs to be held accountable. The buck stops at the top! He should be made an example of and given jail time along with others who ignored it and had a hand in poisoning the city water system. Other politicians around the country need to understand the consequences they face when they put their citizens at risk!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I agree with you! The EPA chief needs to be locked up as well!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If Arnold Schwarzenegger wrecked a cities water supply while he was Gov. of California, he would have been termanated.
edit on 17-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

MOMof3, I missed your point, I am sorry! Rick Snyder put water tanks in for state workers one year before before the Flint issue? So he really knew all along what was going to happen. How could a person sleep at night knowing what he has done to other Human beings. Makes me sick!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

"Amid complaints of water, Snyder admin quietly trucked in clean water for its employees

The biggest news of the week is the revelation that, starting January 7th of 2015, state government offices began providing bottled water to its employees working in state buildings in Flint so that they wouldn’t have to drink tap water. Progress Michigan released documents yesterday showing that includes a notice sent to Department of Technology, Management & Budget (DTMB) employees:

The City of Flint recently sent out the attached notice regarding violations to the drinking water standards. While the City of Flint states that corrective actions are not necessary, DTMB [] is in the process of providing a water cooler on each occupied floor, positioned near the water fountain, so you can choose which water to drink. The coolers will arrive today and will be provided as long as the public water does not meet treatment requirements.
This move came during a time when Flint residents were complaining loudly to anyone who would listen that their water was undrinkable and unusable. While the state did nothing to address the residents’ complaints, they quietly and without fanfare made sure their own employees were taken care of."

A copy of the email is here:
www.scribd.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join