It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Facts About Drugs That Will Make You Question Everything You Know

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Um..

Fact One: 85 percent to 90 percent of people who use even heroin, crack or meth don't become addicted.

And then...

Fact Three: Switzerland legalized heroin for addicts over a decade ago. Nobody has ever died on an overdose there on legal heroin.

The "facts" are contradicting each other..

edit on 18/3/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Fact 8 (and the most important) : drugs are not illegal because they can or cant cause harm to humans, they are illegal because they dissolve our social boundaries and remove any loyalty we have to a system or ideology
therefore making us harder to control

the most important fact out of them all!

the government doesnt want you doing drugs to keep you safe , they want you off drugs to keep you under control
the keys to our own consciousness have effectively been handed over to the state!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Just a question.

If as you say in fact #1 85-90% don't get addicted. Then why do you need all the programs in those countries to give free Herion to all the addicted people?

Think about it. If only 10-15% are addicted, then unless they have a LARGE part of their population doint these drug the number of addicted should not be that high.

Unless of course they are not truely addicted, but just like to get high all the time...which would be an addiction?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I live in a suburb south of philly and while I tend to agree with a lot of what you've said I have to say the first fact pure malarkey. I have known dozens of people from my graduating class who will battle heroin addicticion for the rest of their lives. Not only does it only take one time to kill you but I have loved ones come home from jail clean for a year and go right back to it. Even the strongest willed ex users I know admit that the temptation is strong. Weed prohibition is plain silly. Opioids are an entirely different beast.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Your posts always seem to be about drugs

Let's just say I've done a lot of research.

Either way its been known for many years that drugs are bought and sold by top officials. Majority of institutes around the world are built from opium sales.

Which makes it doubly hypocritical. If even our government can't resist the temptation to break the law, then you know there's gotta be a problem somewhere.

Drugs are however bad for you, regardless of whether or not it kills you. Drug use alters the mind and the body and not always in a good way. Many class taking certain drugs as a mind opening experience and also class them not addictive. However, you try get someone off smoking something weak like pot. They use the excuse, ''I smoke once in a while, I don't need it. I am not addicted''. Yet the hard fact is, those same people can never put it down. The eye opening part, well. It's glorified that certain artists created masterpieces while on drugs, or was it just them after all.

I am not claiming that drugs are harmless, just that they aren't as bad as the ptb have claimed they are. There are many exaggerations about how bad drugs are for you, and they don't just apply to marijuana. For instance, I think that acid, mushrooms, and hallucinogens in general are just as safe if not safer for you than marijuana. I base this off addiction properties as well as long term effects (as well as scientific research that consistently ranks that class of drugs as safest). Both of which have been heavily exaggerated by the government.

In fact, I remember back when I was in school and they were teaching the dangers of drug use. For hallucinogens their best reason not to do them was because you get flashbacks. At the time I had never done a drug in my life and even then I was like, "Uh... Isn't that a free high? Wouldn't that be a good thing to a user?"

Drugs are escape routes from reality and is sold as a trade. Supply and demand, whatever the product.

So are video games, sports, television, movies, and literally the rest of modern pop culture. Pick your poison, we all are trying to distract ourselves from boredom until death. Don't hate someone else's hobby.

To answer your initial point, 'War on drugs is a lie'. Well, yeah. It is. As after all, the government only pays attention to big time dealers when they are making A LOT of money and not paying taxes.

Lol.

edit on 18-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kushness

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Fact Five: Kids find it much easier to get hold of illegal drugs than legal drugs.

Now this fact flies directly in the face of popular rhetoric, but logically it also makes sense. Most people's go to criticism against legalization is, "What about the children? Won't they be able to get drugs easier?" Well no. Liquor stores selling alcohol and even convenience stores selling cigarettes can be shutdown for selling their products to people under the appropriate age. The police take this very seriously and will setup sting buys with underage people to make sure they id everyone. Why anyone wouldn't think this wouldn't apply to other drugs is beyond me. But hey check this out too:

In a major survey, American kids said it was easier to get hold of cannabis than to get hold of beer or cigarettes. In fact, kids were more than twice as likely to say they could easily get cannabis than beer.

Going to have to disagree with this one. Have you ever been to a high school party? There is usually an endless supply of booze. Hard to get? Maybe. But when it is acquired, there sure is a hell of a lot of it.

Drugs will be no different IMO

I never said, nor the article, it would be impossible to obtain them, just harder than it is when they are illegal.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Um..

Fact One: 85 percent to 90 percent of people who use even heroin, crack or meth don't become addicted.

And then...

Fact Three: Switzerland legalized heroin for addicts over a decade ago. Nobody has ever died on an overdose there on legal heroin.

The "facts" are contradicting each other..

Not if you understand how percentages work and that if 85-90% don't become addicted then 10-15% still do, which means that addicts can still exist.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Just a question.

If as you say in fact #1 85-90% don't get addicted. Then why do you need all the programs in those countries to give free Herion to all the addicted people?

Think about it. If only 10-15% are addicted, then unless they have a LARGE part of their population doint these drug the number of addicted should not be that high.

Unless of course they are not truely addicted, but just like to get high all the time...which would be an addiction?

Well have you considered that may be the reason the program is so successful? It isn't that expensive because not that many people are getting addicted to the point they need help.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bridgewater
I live in a suburb south of philly and while I tend to agree with a lot of what you've said I have to say the first fact pure malarkey. I have known dozens of people from my graduating class who will battle heroin addicticion for the rest of their lives. Not only does it only take one time to kill you but I have loved ones come home from jail clean for a year and go right back to it. Even the strongest willed ex users I know admit that the temptation is strong. Weed prohibition is plain silly. Opioids are an entirely different beast.

Well I'm not trying to downplay or deny the danger opiates pose to users. That is a very real and dangerous threat, but so is the threat of alcohol abuse and not only is alcohol legal it is one of our most treasured hobbies. Even though alcohol is one of the only drugs where if you go cold turkey as an addict, you can die. With heroin, you can still sweat that out of someone without risk of death.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
Can someone write 1 reason why would a healthy individual use drugs? Thank you!

It has nothing to do with being healthy. It has everything to do with exploring your reality.

If an individual wants to ingest a psychoactive compound that makes him believe he is a turkey for an hour, that's his choice. It's our lives, our minds and our consciousness.

link   
I don't do drugs so I have very little empathy for the plight of legalization. I was a hardcore addict 20 years ago and it almost cost me my life on several occasions. Every day I wake up thankful I'm not dead or in prison. After what I went through because of drugs I have a new appreciation for sobriety and life. I have no sympathy for those that do drugs.

link   
No doubt. I'm a heavy drinker myself (on weekends) and i find it hilarious when I hear these functioning alcoholics look down on pot smokers lol if they only knew... I just disagree with the first fact. The county I live in is currently going through an epidemic. I'd have to ballpark only about 5% of people who try heroin get clean without going to rehab and 1% of people that try heroin don't get addicted and that's me being optimistic. Granted, around here, I'd concede these addictions almost always are preceded by Perc addiction. I'm only throwing numbers out there but I'd bet they are fairly accurate. I've know at least 10 people under 25 who have overdosed and died on that bull$heet.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Don't patronise me.

If Heroin wasn't so addictive, places like Switzerland wouldn't have introduced this treatment program in the first place.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I don't do drugs so I have very little empathy for the plight of legalization. I was a hardcore addict 20 years ago and it almost cost me my life on several occasions. Every day I wake up thankful I'm not dead or in prison. After what I went through because of drugs I have a new appreciation for sobriety and life. I have no sympathy for those that do drugs.

It's not all to do with those who take drugs when it comes to legalization, it's also to do with the billion dollar industry being utilized by dangerous individuals that sell drugs. It costs tens of thousands of lives per year in gangland type murders and billions of $$$ is being laundered throughout the globe and providing more support and more power to these dangerous criminals.

Another way to promote legalization is the clinics that will be provide to help individuals that are addicted. Would you rather that those who started taking drugs and fell into addiction had to find their drugs on the street from dangerous individuals? Or would you simply like them to walk into a safe, clean environment to ingest said medication.

I get it, you have no sympathy for drug-users however you need to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Im a product of the 80's. I grew up on this stuff, Just say No and The War on Drugs.

I’ve seen a lot of weird sh!t on drugs, but I have never ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a f#cking brain, not once, all right?
I have seen UFO’s split the sky like a sheet, but I have never ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a f#cking brain, not once.
I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never ever ever ever ever looked at an egg, and thought it was a #ing brain.
Now, maybe I wasn’t getting good sh!t?

edit on 18-3-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

why would you feel the need or not , to sympathise with drug users ?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Oh you mean the dangerous criminals who sell drugs for cash to fund illegal wars , oh you mean the CIA !

US war on drugs , contra , crack epidemic !

legalisation also takes the money away from the psychos in government so yes its a good thing
which is likely why you will never see coc aine being legal in the US as it pays for a lot of # that the CIA do !
edit on 18-3-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bridgewater

Hey. I've known a few people claimed by the drug myself. I'm not trying to downplay the dangers or anything. But the thing is, for every addict you see on the streets or know as a friend there are tons others that use without problems.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Don't patronise me.

If Heroin wasn't so addictive, places like Switzerland wouldn't have introduced this treatment program in the first place.

No, they introduced the treatment program because addiction, to the people who DO become addicted, is a devastating process to the people effected as well as their families and friends. Just because the addiction rate isn't as high as you've been led to believe doesn't mean that I'm arguing that the addiction process itself is less dangerous to those effected. You are misrepresenting the argument.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RomeByFire

Don't forget that caffeine is also a highly addictive legal narcotic. That is one that isn't mentioned as often because it isn't known to be destructive.

I used to drink a lot of coffee and I started having problems with my blood pressure,
trouble sleeping at night...It took me a full year to get my body used to less caffeine.
Now,I can't even eat chocolate after mid day or the caffeine in it will keep me up.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join