It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family of burglar that was shot/killed, "How he gonna get his money?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I understand that nowadays making excuses for bad behavior is all the rage. That notwithstanding, this story left me shaking my head in (almost) disbelief.

So apparently a teenager broke into a house, the home owner rushed home after observing the break-in on security cameras that were previously installed (because her home had been broken into before). Upon arrival there was some sort of confrontation, a shot was fired and the burglar was killed. The police are questioning the home owner but it doesn't appear that any charges are going to be filed.

Should she have fired a shot? I'll let the police sort that out (although from the information I've read so far on the interwebz, it's looking like she was more than justified... just my opinion which is subject to change as more information becomes available.

To me, the fascinating part is what the burglar's cousin said. In the linked video (at about the 1:46 mark), the cousin says, "You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood. You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

There you have it. How is he going to get money? How about get a damn job?!?!? How about take a stroll around the neighborhood the day before recycling day and collect bottles/cans?!?!? I can't believe this woman actually (essentially) says it's okay to break into peoples' homes so they can get some money.

From my own experience, growing up dirt poor and wanting to have nice things, the thought of breaking into someone's home never even entered my mind. At 10 years old I was delivering newspapers on my bicycle before school.

Anyway, here's the LINK

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
"You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood. You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

I am fairly certain he is not going to get any money now. Not unless he knows something the rest of us do not.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Agreed, they've made burglary into a viable first job because the idea of working is so far removed from the status quo it seems alien.

This isn't an Aladdin stealing some bread and then giving it to some staving kids situation.

It's just a lack of basic morals and respect. He wanted something so he was going to take it from somebody else. Why? Because he deserved it, and he deserved to have it now.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Cut the budget they said.

Take money from education they said.

Working out well isn't it?
edit on 17-3-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Education begins at home. When you have a family that views burglary as a viable an option as getting a job for income.... well, this is what you get.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Hey, he was just trying to raise funds for his education. How you gonna hate on that?

You can't go to skool without Rocawear and Air Jordons.

edit on 17-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So you need a state run school to teach you stealing is wrong?
That's what parents are for!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 17-3-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No surprise here, everyone's got an excuse for the animals that end up dead over being up to no good.

That homeowner did the right thing. Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Cut the budget they said.

Take money from education they said.

Working out well isn't it?

This has nothing to do with education that a public school provides; it has everything to do with cultural influences and parenting. More importantly, it has to do with a lack of personal responsibility, which is a plague infecting a large percentage of our youth today, both poor and otherwise.

Let's not seek out fake scapegoats in order to pretend like this individual does not hold 100% of the responsibility for his actions.

Before public schools and the Department of Education, people still knew that it was wrong to steal from other people. Your argument holds negative merit.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Imagine the riots if this criminal had been shot by police instead.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

...the cousin says, "You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood. You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

I can see his point of view, but someone should at least teach basic math and logic. Part of that equation (steal from someone else so that they can suffer for your benefit) has to figure in a risk of being shot dead, or spending several years being butt-raped in prison. Perhaps if he had also considered the potential negative consequences, he would have thought twice about the risk/reward equation (regardless of any moral questions involved.)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If you arrest someone or committing a crime, you're breaking up a family unit, which is cruel.

This was more than cruel.

The woman will probably be prosecuted in court.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I do agree that the suspect's family response to the shooting is ridiculous, and I can understand that they do miss him too. Unfortunately a lot of families and individuals have very little options out in the world. Do to bad economies, lack of jobs, over population, etc. Many people find it difficult to just receive basic necessities in life. However, the suspect could have been trying to steal to support for a number of reasons, like for drugs. If that's the case then I don't have sympathy for the suspect in this case.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

In my opinion, criminals risk their lives every time they commit a crime. All bets are off once you break into someone's private residence, business, car jack or assault and rob someone on the street. Citizen's have every right to protect their lives and their hard working possessions.

There are many people who grow up poor who don't turn to crime. I and my siblings did, and I give credit to my mother for emphasizing the rewards for a hard days work, and the importance of educating myself and striving for good grades. Parents are role models for their children. She was a widow, was only a high school graduate, and she raised 4 kids on her own. We all went onto college and made a better life for ourselves.

I used to shovel snow and cut grass to make money on the side and started working in student summer programs at the age of 14. Maybe these parents who have raised criminals should have spent more time teaching their kids the importance of hard work, the difference between right from wrong, and making sure they understand the worst thing any person could do is take a human life. Giving them consequences for bad behavior also does wonders.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you arrest someone or committing a crime, you're breaking up a family unit, which is cruel.

This was more than cruel.

The woman will probably be prosecuted in court.

I wonder if you guys realize that making comments such as these are actually not helping your case, at all?

Foot in mouth, pigeon-holing - man, you guys are entertaining as Hell. Always coming up with tha most ridiculous statements and then using ficitional scenarios to push a narrative.

How clever must you be!

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm surprised they haven't rioted at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing my attention to your thread. I had to read that three to four times before grasping the implications of what I just read. I mean, seriously? What a pathetic attempt to justify home invasions and burglary.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Really, she should've just left all her valuables on the front lawn, while she was gone. Best way to avoid situations such as this.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

To me, the fascinating part is what the burglar's cousin said. In the linked video (at about the 1:46 mark), the cousin says, "You have to look at it from every child’s point of view that was raised in the hood. You have to understand… how he gonna get his money to have clothes to go to school? You have to look at it from his point-of-view.”

The implication being that they all - every child that was raised in the hood - think like this?

If so, that's a massive iceberg that this case is just the tip of.

My point of view when I was a teenager, fending for myself on a low income, was if I couldn't afford it I'd have to do without.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join