It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you actually lurk before joining and for how long?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I see this a lot and have always wondered about it. People who join a month prior or ever a year prior saying, "well I joined on xx-xx-xxxx, but I've been lurking since xxxx"

Did you lurk prior to joining? Do you believe people when they say they lurked for several years before joining? Has anyone here every joined the day they found it?

Just been curious. No rant here

I joined about 5 minutes after finding this site due to a specific incident I wanted to look up. I saw the info I wanted to see, look around a few and pulled the registration trigger and...well there I was. Specifically my interest was a nuke incident that brought me

So what is your join story?

Why did you join?
Did you lurk? How long?

that's all folks...some friendly questons

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I didn't "lurk", I read for a couple handful of years.
Looking for a simular UFO account as mine.
No luck yet.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I lurked for an hour or so, then i had decided to join, been here every day since...lurking

One of the best site's on the whole web...hands down.

3000 comments...milestone...pops a beer
edit on 15-3-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I lurked but mainly for just the archived posts. Good stuff in those archives.

Joined weeks after initial lurking.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I came across a link for a thread on here and after reading it and a couple of others, I joined up within about a hour of my first visit.

After 5 years on here, I'm still none the wiser.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Read the posts and only joined when I wanted to comment on a thread. No idea how long, best guess is a couple months. Never really had anything to say up until that point, it was just entertainment. I love the survival and crypto forums and mainly read them. Now I don't shut up when I see a topic that I feel I can offer some knowledge on and/or help deny ignorance on topics. Usually people are so set in their beliefs though that it doesn't matter what you bring to the table, they can always find some pseudo science to back up their belief.
Not saying I'm above that either, you are only as good as your base knowledge, schooling and facts that you can find.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was a non-contributing member for around 2 years maybe a little longer (lurker).

I finally found something to comment on, joined, made comments and now can't stop posting!

Due to werk and what not, I still lurk but with a stupid smart-phone I am now able to do drive-by postings! ATS is my homepage for Chrome-mobile! I have to struggle to find 'gooogle' but that is OK!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I lurked for about five years or so. Then I decided to join to wacky fun.
Been here for almost six years.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I lurked for a long, long time before I joined. It is still in my mind, the thread that made me join. It was Kantzveldt's thread about ForgottenLanguages.

Why join then? It was such a tremendous and ongoing thread I couldn't resist it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I stumbled across ATS in '03 when I was supposed to be learning how to use powerpoint- I already knew how to use it so I did a search for UFO's online and that lead me here. It took many years for me to sign up but I still remember my first...visit to ATS.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I lurked for many years. I remember a time when the 'ignore' button existed. I remember when most of the threads were about the mysterious and the unexplained.

What made me join was a recent thread where folks were saying that the reason no new interesting stuff was being talked about is because members don't put the time and effort into creating interesting and thought provoking threads anymore.

I thought to myself "I'd love to contribute in any way I can". Especially since this forum has given me reading material for so many years.

I'm currently working on creating 2 threads.

Fingers crossed.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

6-7 years of lurking (at least), I believe I did make an account at some point but I forget the name of it and never used it.

Finally decided to make an account to get more involved and to make friends with people I felt like I already knew just from seeing them comment time and time again.

Alas, I'm gonna be a lifer now.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I joined right after I saw this picture

Lurked one day, twas love at first site

edit on 15-3-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Harut

I lurked for many years. I remember a time when the 'ignore' button existed. I remember when most of the threads were about the mysterious and the unexplained.

I hear you. The first ATS thread I read was about EMP weapons and railguns-Back then google was just another search engine and not the search engine. Ask Jeeves-he would know

Now it's Trump this, Trump that...I remember when ATS was the fortean front and not a political forum. How times have changed. Good luck with the threads.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yes, exactly.
Thank you. I'm going to try and bring 'jiggy' back.

More ancient mysteries, and unexplained events.
I counted 13 Trump threads today, yikes.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Now it's Trump this, Trump that...I remember when ATS was the fortean front and not a political forum. How times have changed.

Dont worry, Everything will go back to normal after the election season.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Lurked for years... Don"t like signing up for anything, especially a CIA honeypot.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I lurked without joining for about 2 years. I waited a long time to even make an intro post after registering.

I don't know why they should be disbelieved. It can be daunting to entertain the idea of debating with the wealth of intelligent people and excellent debaters and debunkers we have here.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
Lurked for years... Don"t like signing up for anything, especially a CIA honeypot.

But just this month, you became comfortable with that (...we got to you in your sleep with an implant).

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I just cackled. And I wrung my hands in an evil yet demonstratively self-satisfied way.

The plan...it is working.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join