It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you actually lurk before joining and for how long?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I stumbled across the site around 2003-04, and joined in 2013- so I "lurked" for about a decade before joining.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: reldra

I just cackled. And I wrung my hands in an evil yet demonstratively self-satisfied way.

The plan...it is working.

And I knew you were behind it all along. In the library with a candlestick....wait wrong plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I had never heard of ATS prior to my first thread here.

I was brought here like a fish on a hook.

No really, I was invited to tell my story as if I was a juicy meal in which others might partake in and also enjoy? And well, I usually do what I'm told so... here I am. BON APPETIT! lol, but really. When I arrived people nibbled with such class and manners that I became addicted. And I think there's a therapeutic quality to reading and writing here which has served me well. So in a way, ATS has become the meal for me and now we form an oroborus of which we can all feed off of one another for an indeterminate amount of time? And that's ok with me. As long as there's no physical assault in order and no personal boundaries crossed, why not!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Actually one of my friends pointed out because of my military and NSA experience they have had my name since I was 20.... I realized they were right... so there it is. Now the mustache twirlers know fah-shizel.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

You should do an AMA, you know, in for a penny in for a pound and all that!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Ah the noble art of debate, the point and counterpoint, thrust and parry of articulate conversation.

Plus there is loads of weird stuff, gets me every time.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Wrong plan, wrong movie, wrong everything! I mean how did you even know about the candlestick...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Sounds great.... next thing ya know peeps be asking....where'd Newt22 go? They're still taking my DMV photos as I get older, fatter, and beardy....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Been here since almost the beginning ... and this is my first and Only account.

There's a good story there and I'll tell it one day.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Been a stalker since I signed up. I'm not sure of my names before lysergic.

Reflecting God, Glowstick Ninja? think those were those, back when I thought I was cool for having ASCII chrs lol, intarnet

still here, looking for the gold.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I never lurked, I joined as soon as the NSA check cleared.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Yep, I was a lurker for a long time before I officially joined up - Part of my hesitation to join was that I came from a forum where it was heavy on the metaphysical side, and ATS seemed so...professional. Even before ATS merged with BTS I was more or less a casual poster there.

In my lurking, I found I was spending more time on here reading than my social media account, so I ended up joining.

-fossilera

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I joined the day I found this place. I couldn't believe what a huge site it was with so many topics and so many people from all over the world. So I moved right in and have been here ever since.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think everyone wants to admit that they lurked it's the "I'm not a newb" thing. Though, then again most of the viewer base, is just that, lurkers. I found it through paranormal, esoteric, crypto, conspiracy, etc., searches, coming up quite often. I eventually joined but didn't use contribute much, except for BTS to learn the ropes so to speak.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

oh yeah don't get me wrong...I am not saying I don't believe it. I've heard others at times say it but I was just curious.

Glad some people responded.

I love this place. I have never been a major player and I can say I was maybe barely well know for a period of a year (mutter....I miss you so much)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I lurked

I was googling random things and my answers kept leading to this forum, so I ended up bookmarking it and reading it every day. Was overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge here and how smart a lot of the people here are, and I didn't really feel that I would be able to fit in here. So I lurked for about 2 years, so not as long as some lurkers claim, just happy to drink in others knowledge.

Then I discovered the off-topic area and thought - I can be friendly! At the same time as lurking the more important stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero
In my case, the starting-point was that my sister-in-law remarked "They say the world is going to end in 2012". I had not heard of that idea before, so I googled it, and of course found this place.
Then my attention was caught by "What's happening in Yellowstone?", so I kept dropping in for many months mainly to see the latest on that thread.
I had no reason to sign up until I thought of things I could contribute.
(I did attempt an "anonymous" post once. But by that time the facility had been cancelled, even though the button had not yet been removed.)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Lurked for years, following threads like D4rk Knight ( that one really messed with my head ) and other golden oldies like the creepy 10/28/2011 website.

I was too intimidated to sign up and expose myself to whatever / whoever was lurking around the site at the same time !

I must have got desensitised through time and decided to "come out of the shadows "
I think I have earned my tin foil hat, although I believe less than I used to.
I am sure ATS has raised my objectivity.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, lurked for years...
Joined, the lurking has continued.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I thought the only way to get in was to join, so I put the horse before the cart.

It took me, I think, about a week of soul searching before the introduction, as I didn't know what to say and what not to, so I just held my nose and jumped in and got it over with quickly.

I've been here two months today, and it already feels like forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join