It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother pleads for answers in her son’s fatal shooting by off-duty Farmers Branch officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reagan has it right....Including the low iq bullies they are hiring to subdue the people....
We are ALL accountable....not just the people....
edit on 15-3-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
This exact report on thse shooting shows that he was shot in THE HEAD. You need lot of concentration to shoot him in the head.

Have you ever shot at a target, aiming center mass, and hit the head? Or the shoulder? Or low on the stomach?

Now, have you ever shot at a MOVING target, aiming center mass, and hit outside of where you were aiming?

My point is that, just because the bullet hit his head doesn't necessarily mean that the LEO was aiming there...but if he was and hit it, so be it.

But I doubt that you've ever been trained in firing a weapon, let alone firing at a moving target, so your armchair quarterbacking, while adding zero rational substance to this thread, is comical to read.

I must ask you a serious question, though: Do you really mean what you're saying, or are you just very good at satire?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Fire warning shots. Look out for guns, and shoot only if you are sure it is a gun.

That just shows the level of knowledge in the public.
Warning shots are not allowed by police or civilians.
That bullet has to come down somewhere.

Do a google search where people far distant have been killed by shots in the air.

And it doesn't have to be a real gun or even a gun at all.
The officer only has to be in fear for his life.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Obviously it's tragic when a life is lost, especially at such a young age.

That Being said... don't break the law and if you do and get approached / stopped / questioned - by police, just don't run or fight back. This isn't difficult people.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I would like to refer anyone thinking this thuglet deserves any sympathy to my 5 rules of LEO encounters, follow these and I bet you don't get shot, sprayed or tased.

1. Shut-up
2. Sit Down
3. Keep hands in plain sight
4. Obey all lawful orders
5. (This is the big one) DO NOT RESIST OR RUN!!!

If you do have to have an LEO encounter this is a good way to survive it, but I think in the long run the best practice is STOP BREAKING THE LAW!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Just to clarify, the part you quoted in your post was from ZeroFurrbone and not myself.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
a reply to: ReadLeader

wanna bet if it was a white man he would be still alive?

I know these racist WHITE police ... wait .. the officer who did this was black? Now what?

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
New developments -

Texas officer who killed teen arrested on murder charge

ADDISON, Texas (AP) — An off-duty suburban Dallas police officer who fatally shot a 16-year-old and wounded another juvenile was arrested Wednesday on charges of murder and aggravated assault, authorities said, while a funeral service for the teen was underway.

Farmers Branch officer Ken Johnson was taken into custody Wednesday night by Addison police officers and was being booked into Dallas County Jail.

The shooting happened Sunday evening at a gas station in Addison. Officials have said that Johnson saw a vehicle being burglarized in his apartment complex parking lot and that he gave chase when the suspects fled. After the suspects' vehicle spun out about a half-mile away, an altercation led to the shooting.

Jose Raul Cruz was killed and the other juvenile, who also was shot, was hospitalized. Cruz's family held a funeral Wednesday night.

Johnson's attorney, Chris Livingston, has said he feared for his life. Livingston could not be immediately reached Wednesday to speak on Johnson's behalf.

Authorities have not said whether the juveniles were armed. Johnson was not injured.

Addison police Chief Paul Spencer said in a statement Wednesday that there was "probable cause" to arrest Johnson but that the investigation will likely take several more weeks.

click link for remainder of article.

They are still not releasing evidence...

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
New developments -

click link for remainder of article.

They are still not releasing evidence...

I keep expecting to read

"Jorge Cruz, US Senator from Texas and grandfather of Jose, and Rafael Cruz, Jose's uncle and regional director of the DHS, could not be reached for comment."

I rarely see such immediate action against a LEO unless they screw the pooch and roust a politician.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The other possibility is the charges are to keep the community happy for fear of protests / repercussions etc. The officer has been with his current department for a year. Prior to that he was an officer for 8 years in the Dallas area.

edit on 17-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The other possibility is the charges are to keep the community happy for fear of protests / repercussions etc. The officer has been with his current department for a year. Prior to that he was an officer for 8 years in the Dallas area.

I've seen the 'stall until they forget it' trick so many times I can't believe they'd throw someone over the blue line to appease the masses. Unless he's not a 'team player'.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They did it in Baltimore...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join