It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother pleads for answers in her son’s fatal shooting by off-duty Farmers Branch officer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
What is that famous "ATS quote"... We've all seen it. "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"....

The story goes on to say that the deceased and a friend broke into a car, stole the car, got into a physical confrontation withe the off duty officer. The office continually yelled "Police" and identifies himself numerous times.

Here is the catch-all. Mom throws out the racist card.."My son was killed because of racism,” said his mother, Ana Henriquez, clutching a framed photo of her son, ....... I'm holding my opinion - let's hear you ATS!....

L I N K

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
He was unarmed. The policeman murdered him. End of story.

Police always kills peoples then gets away with it cos they are the law... If he was real police he would have not killed him.

American police as brainless egomaniacs with guns.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

wanna bet if it was a white man he would be still alive?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

He won the prize.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ga reply to: Lysergic

Ha he feared for his life from one 15 and 16 old kids. That just match some burglars. Pahetic.

P.S. I just love to comment on bad polive officers and complain. I mean.. they are just bunch of easilly scared killers xD cos they allow people with low IQ in the police. They should allow only smart people

edit on 15-3-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Having a tough time disagreeing with the officer here. He was in his jurisdiction, he seems to have acted appropriately, he gave them multiple chances before opening fire. He doesn't seem to have been in the process of beating them to death or threatening to kill them or whatever, so they can't really say they were fighting him to save themselves.

Lots of hinkier shootings than this one.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

This was from another thread but has bearing here. If their is more than one suspect the use of force / deadly force threshold changes.

Example:

Dashcam footage of a pursuit and fatal shooting recorded from 2 dashcams at 2 different angles. The vehicle pursuit ends in a parking lot where the suspect gets out of the vehicle and refuses verbal commands.

Watch this video first and you will see what looks like a suspect being shot in the back without justification.

Watch this video second and you will see something completely different.

I point these video's out as an example of totality of circumstances, what the officer's perceived from their respective positions and the actions of the suspect and how those actions can change the dynamics of the incident.

Another example -
A civil rights leader who held protests against the Phoenix police shooting of an unarmed subject. He took up the offer from the Maricopa County Sheriff's office to come and do some of the training law enforcement goes through - specifically 3 different shoot / don't shoot scenarios.

He was armed with a training weapon and holster. He was not told the details with the exception of the initial setup / call for service.

Call #1
A report of a man looking into cars in a parking lot.

Call #2
A report of 2 males fighting.

Call #3
A report of a possible burglar walking down the street.

The results -

Its easy to throw rocks from the outside. It's courage to try and fix things from the inside.
edit on 15-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
First 2 vides do not work.

Third video shows an idiot who does not know what to do.

It is easy to throw rocks from the outside, but it is harder to trow rocks from the inside when they are not letting you in.

This looks so damn fake.. He had so many options, but beacuse he was a scaredy pussy cat, he shot.

The courage is to get all those scaredy policeman out of the force and hire someone who is actually inteligent and thinks before he acts. And no one wants to add inteligent people in the force.

The police is always full of people who just follow orders and when under stress can't react properly. They have training. The whole point of the training should be to know what to do.

You can't compare civilians who had to training to officers who had years of training. Yet even with training, first thing they do is shoot. Not call back up, not aim for the legs at least, not try to use force, something else, try to run even. NO , they shoot in the head.

This exact report on thse shooting shows that he was shot in THE HEAD. You need lot of concentration to shoot him in the head.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

The videos work for me.
The third video was a man with your mindset. It was not until he experienced the training scenario that he got an idea of how quickly something can go downhill.

Everyone has their opinion but until you are the one staring the situation in the face you have no idea what it is like.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At the end it only matters how easy you succumb to preasure.

Training is exactly for that. To know what can happen in every situation. Thats why police has to walk in pairs for istance. Not charge in alone.

If alone, asses the situation. Fire warning shots. Look out for guns, and shoot only if you are sure it is a gun.

I know i would have done something different. I have hands, i oculd have easilly hit him, shot him in the leg, used tazer . We do not have only guns. Guns are not the only option.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

.... You deleted your post for some reason so I removed mine on the off chance you dont want that info posted.

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone

At the end it only matters how easy you succumb to preasure.

And people wont be able to experience that until it happens.

Training is exactly for that. To know what can happen in every situation. Thats why police has to walk in pairs for istance. Not charge in alone.
Larger cities in the US have units where they have partners. The overwhelming majority of law enforcement though do not and ride solo. In the US the training is enough to get a person in trouble. This job, for the most part, is on the job training. It is impossible to know what can happen in any situation.

A person does not rise to the occasion but fall back to their level of training.

If alone, asses the situation. Fire warning shots. Look out for guns, and shoot only if you are sure it is a gun.
Of course assess the situation.

Police in this country cannot give warning shots. A gun is considered a deadly force weapon. As for your last comment you have to use totality of circumstances coupled with the facts of the call coupled with what the officer perceived when force was used.

Its not as simple as you are making it out to be.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I am not a police officer. Sorry... I am just in training. As in first year in a training center. I just got mad and jumped the gun.

But anyway, i am from Bulgaria.

I understand USA laws. I just don't like them. For istance here we have a law for weapons.I don't know how is in english but it goes like this : unarmed < knife < gun. If you use gun when someone is attacking you with knife, it is a violation of the law and you can even go to jail for an year or so.. well basically stupid laws too.

But i dislike how everyone have guns in the USA, how everyone shoots everyone for the littelest thing, and policeman can kill for the smalled thing.

Here policeman are mostly corrupt. Not killers. There is almost nothing in the news about police killing someone. Because police here knows what to do.

P.S. I edited my post because it was a lie.
P.S.S. I don't mind my info being posted. I am not yet a police officer. Who knows if i will even become one. Probably in depends on who we pay at the end . . Or what connections we have?

edit on 15-3-2016 by ZeroFurrbone because: Because i got too exited

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thats what i am saying. USA is bad country for law. You have some bad police who uses lethal force for the smallest things. Ban weapons, Start hiring smart police and be nice, and all will be fine.

All of you complain how police is brutal, when your own laws allow it to be. Then complain how you need to have guns and shoot people. What is it that you want?

P.S. I recently started to hate the Australian police.

Some guys made some innocent pranks pretending to be terrorist and now they are going to jail. Since when innocent pranks are worth of jailtime? Pretending to be terrorist is bad??????

It is not real. It is not worth it to pretend to be terrorist and go to jail for it. It is meaningless. Stupid Australian laws.

I have the feeling there is some world conspiration that makes every country get more and more stupid laws so they can just imprison or shoot people....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I am not a police officer. Sorry... I am just in training. As in first year in a training center. I just got mad and jumped the gun.

No worries just dont make that a habit.

But anyway, i am from Bulgaria.
ok

I understand USA laws. I just don't like them. For istance here we have a law for weapons.I don't know how is in english but it goes like this : unarmed < knife < gun. If you use gun when someone is attacking you with knife, it is a violation of the law and you can even go to jail for an year or so.. well basically stupid laws too.

Respectfully you do not understand US law as some of your comments are prohibited by the law.

Almost any item can be considered a deadly weapon and it depends on the item and how its being used. Dealing with a person who is armed with a knife can meet deadly force criteria (21 to 26 foot rule). Each situation is its own and actions in one call wont be the same in a similar call.

But i dislike how everyone have guns in the USA, how everyone shoots everyone for the littelest thing, and policeman can kill for the smalled thing.

Here policeman are mostly corrupt. Not killers. There is almost nothing in the news about police killing someone. Because police here knows what to do.

Actually its not as common as you think. An officer involved shooting gets media attention. The 99% of calls that are resolved peacefully do not.

As for gun ownership its a constitutional right in this country.

P.S. I edited my post because it was a lie.

I get irritated in some of these threads to. Try not to let it get under your skin. I am not sure how it works there but here if a cop gets caught lying then are pretty much useless to the profession. The prosecuting attorney will be very reluctant to file anything from an officer who lied.

P.S.S. I don't mind my info being posted. I am not yet a police officer. Who knows if i will even become one. Probably in depends on who we pay at the end . . Or what connections we have?

I was not sure so thought I would error on the side of caution.

Anyways this situation, based on what we know, sounds justified. I would like to know what the info says that they did not release. If its ruled justified then we may find out.

I am finding it worrisome that people find it appropriate to go after the officer while ignoring the criminal.

Its certainly a profession where people need to research before they jump in feet first.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I cant speak to the Australian police. As for the US what you suggested is impossible as gun ownership is a constitutional right.

Each state sets its own laws which is affected by federal law / court rulings.

If you want o compare we can always start a new thread or U2U. I dont wanna derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Law enforcement happens in the courtroom, not on the streets.

The kid was misbehaving but should not have been executed for it.

They like calling themselves "law enforcement officers" because LEO sounds cool to them.

LEO the Cowardly Lion.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Let me ask you something..

Why you always say something is Justified?

Do you make difference between Justified and Right?

By law is Justified to do this, yeah, but is it the Right thing to do ?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Because in the US you have, in general, 4+/- classifications with regards to death -
* - Natural causes
* - Suicide
* - Homicide
* - Homicide justified.

As for justified and right it would depend on the situation.

Let me ask you -
Why have you not talked about the 2 suspects and their actions leading up to the deadly force encounter? Why are the actions of the suspects not taken into account?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AS originally stated, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Law enforcement happens in the courtroom, not on the streets.

The kid was misbehaving but should not have been executed for it.

They like calling themselves "law enforcement officers" because LEO sounds cool to them.

LEO the Cowardly Lion.

Actually After arguing with Xcath for so long on the finicum case I see where he i s coming from on Totality of circumstances. The Kid wasnt executed he was given numerous chances to surrender. A policeman isnt there to execute a person but if they are a danger to them or others then sometimes they have to be put down. As distateful as it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join