It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marco Rubio Wants to End Your First Amendment Right to Free Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I listened to the entire video. I agree with Rubio. Free speech has limits, when your speech leads to violence against others that is the limit. Trump is inciting violence at this point. Rubio said nothing about using government to stifle free speech, he said we need to be critical of people who are calling for harm to others and perhaps even enforce the laws against that.

Incorrect...protesters are inciting violence towards supporters...

I have not seen an angry supporter rally yet against protesters at their own convention (like democrat) have you?

If Trump supporters protested at a Sanders/Clinton Rally or any Republican rally then I would agree with you.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
If Trump supporters protested at a Sanders/Clinton Rally or any Republican rally then I would agree with you.

They do. They just don't wind up in the news because things remain peaceful. The only time protestors make the news (or even show up on camera) is when they're attacked, they attack someone, or they're extremely disruptive. In the latter case they're usually ejected quickly.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
With "rights" come the responsibilities of having them.

You have the "right" to speak your mind, bu be forewarned that your words may carry consequences.

Our word is one of the only things we really have, our voice is so much more important and powerful than people realize or know.

Use it wisely.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
With "rights" come the responsibilities of having them.

You have the "right" to speak your mind, bu be forewarned that your words may carry consequences.

And means you also have the "right" to remain silent...like what Rubio wants people, not just protesters, to be...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It actually is not illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. In fact I tried this out three years ago. Not only was I not kicked out or arrested, I got only like four seconds of attention from part of the crowd, and then no #s were given and everyone went back to talking about whatever.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It actually is not illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. In fact I tried this out three years ago. Not only was I not kicked out or arrested, I got only like four seconds of attention from part of the crowd, and then no #s were given and everyone went back to talking about whatever.

It would be a totally different scenario if the theater supporters threw punches back in protest against your disruption of movie (rally), right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join