It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gets felony for publicly jamming cell phones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A 63 year old man named Dennis Nicholl has been charged with a felony for using a cell phone jammer while traveling on a train. In 2009, he got misdemeanor charges for the same thing. But now his felony charges include unlawful interference with a public utility.

Aaron Robison was commuting home from work last fall on the Brown Line when an older man carrying a plastic bag of Old Style beer took a seat across from him. The man opened a beer and surveyed the car, scowling as he saw another rider talking on a cellphone a few feet away, Robison said. He watched as the man pulled a clunky black device topped with five antennas from his pocket and switched it on. Almost instantly, commuters who had been talking on their phones went silent, checking their screens for the source of their dropped calls, Robison said. On Tuesday, undercover officers arrested the man who had allegedly created his own personal quiet car in recent months with an illegal device he imported from China, according to Cook County prosecutors and Chicago police. An attorney for Dennis Nicholl, 63, a certified public accountant, said his client wanted only some peace and quiet on his commute from his North Side home to the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, where officials confirmed he works as a financial analyst.

www.chicagotribune.com... nk

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes...that's an outrage...
I'll be right back....I have to look on ebay from Japan....

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

TPTB hand out felonies like candy these days.

A felony charge/conviction, which it would now seem is ridiculously easy to get, will ruin your life.

You cant own a gun. Many employers wont hire you. If he is working, he will most likely get fired. You cant vote, cant leave the country etc.

These "public servants" of our have no mercy especially towards us, you know, the people theyre supposed to be serving...

edit on 12-3-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Going to get one as we speak , and keep it in the house right on the high street ,should be lots of fun

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Cute, he'd gets reprimanded but the attack on cell phones is a-okay when it comes to the authorities(ie see Stingrays). For your safety
edit on 12-3-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

you are within your rights to block them on your own property.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What do you mean they can't vote.

many felons voted from prison for Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This sounds harmless until he blocks a 911 call and someone dies because the couldn't recieve medical attention.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This sounds harmless until he blocks a 911 call and someone dies because the couldn't recieve medical attention.

We call that friendly fire or a bad cell reception

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A clunky device with five antennas? LOL

For absolute jamming of any cell phone signal, there is no stronger or more efficient solution than the 5 Antenna Cell Phone Jammer with Remote Control. This high quality device provides you with 10 Watts of output power and 5 powerful high gain antennas to completely block all mobile phone signals within 50 meters.

Link

What an idiot. One man's silence is another man's reason to fill the void, especially out in the public domain. Take a taxi if you want less "distractions" while you sit on your ass.

edit on 12-3-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
A clunky device with five antennas? LOL

What an idiot.

Think off the fun you can have running round in a car/van with one or using it above a mall/shopping centre

game on

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The only "toy" I use can shut-off the advertising monitors at Wal-Mart.

Am I wrong? Maybe, but so are the "devil's" marketing tactics.

I consider myself a protector of the subliminal realm.

edit on 12-3-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

www.fcc.gov...

It is against the law. Sorry.

Jamming Prohibition

The use of "cell jammers" or similar devices designed to intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications (signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, etc.) is a violation of federal law. Also, it is unlawful to advertise, sell, distribute, or otherwise market these devices to consumers in the United States. These devices pose serious risks to critical public safety communications, and can prevent you and others from making 9-1-1 and other emergency calls. Jammers can also interfere with law enforcement communications. Operation of a jammer in the United States may subject you to substantial monetary penalties, seizure of the unlawful equipment, and criminal sanctions including imprisonment.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They have to cath you for it to be against the law

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not to hard to make them yourself if you can't buy them where you live. Just need an oscillator, antenna and power.
Easy to find some good guides online! Oh and be carefull to keep it to legal bands (or dont get found out)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

They have to cath you for it to be against the law

I'm assuming you meant "catch."

I'll let Maynard set the record straight and for any politician wrestling with conscience...

"It's only wrong if you get caught."

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ok..

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

A felony charge/conviction, which it would now seem is ridiculously easy to get, will ruin your life.

You cant own a gun. Many employers wont hire you. If he is working, he will most likely get fired. You cant vote, cant leave the country etc.

These "public servants" of our have no mercy especially towards us, you know, the people theyre supposed to be serving...

I am a felon and can most certainly leave the country. The only place I really can't go is Austrailia.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I am a felon and can most certainly leave the country. The only place I really can't go is Austrailia.

And Canada? Or unless there's a way to get clearance because I hear they don't allow anyone with a felony in. Just curious.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The only "toy" I use can shut-off the advertising monitors at Wal-Mart.

Am I wrong? Maybe, but so are the "devil's" marketing tactics.

I consider myself a protector of the subliminal realm.

Kinda like an adblocker?

:O

top topics

<<   2 >>

join