It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John titor video debunking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
the john titor video (www.anomalies.net... )
is an ok rendition of him going thrugh time travel, someone said that they want to see a whole thred debunking this so im going to do it,

first off, the time travel device is in his hand, in one of his hands, acording to him, the device is 500 pounds, if anyone can hold that like that they deserve their own thread

about 10 seconds into the video at the bottom of the time travel device is an odd blue flash I don't know what it is

there is no corvette, the device is/was/will be in a corvette
if he got here in the corvette then why would he leave it here and go back with out it

the lazer never reflects, at one point for a very very short time the lazer is pointed right at the lens, if it was pointed at the lens then it would have reflected back somewhere either on him or on the wall over his right sholder

the lazer ends, also at one opint the lazer ends in frame, it goes about 4 feet and stops, my guess is that the people used key frames and just moved a red line around that they thought was long enough to stay in frame

the time device produces alot of heat he says, there is no way you would be able to hold it like that

the light, he explaned it as a rainbow, i see no rainbow, i just see bright light

that's all for now but that's pretty much all i can get off the top of my head

Velvet1717

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
there is no corvette, the device is/was/will be in a corvette
if he got here in the corvette then why would he leave it here and go back with out it

The story was that he came in some car that was reasonable to exist in our time, but that the plan was allways to dump it and get an actual car from this time. So he dumps the flashy car.

If you want to debunk it based on the car, then its simple. The only cars rated for time travel are Deloreans.

the lazer never reflects, at one point for a very very short time the lazer is pointed right at the lens, if it was pointed at the lens then it would have reflected back somewhere either on him or on the wall over his right sholder

Interesting, however one might not notice if it did. Also, do you then suggest that the hoaxer went thru the effort of adding a laser thru photoshop for the whole time? WOuldn't it be more sensible to use an actual 'laser' and then just manipulate the image at the one point, the curving, where it is necessary?

Besides, the curving laser debunks it. The laser light would indeed be curved by a space-time distorting miniblack hole (however, would it even distort things that far out?). It should also distort regular light, such that everything in a certain range around it should be distorted, not simply the laser light.

the lazer ends, also at one opint the lazer ends in frame, it goes about 4 feet and stops,

It ends because its only visible in a small cloud of smoke no?

the time device produces alot of heat he says, there is no way you would be able to hold it like that

Heat production and being hot are two different things. It can generate heat that is disapated or something. Are you talking about holding the handcontroller tho?

the light, he explaned it as a rainbow, i see no rainbow, i just see bright light

Interesting, might indicate that the hoaxer did the IRC chat before filming the rest of the material, or that he got sloppy in his chatting.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i did look over some info and he did dump the car and that always was the plan however, the laser is only curved during time "flight" he uses it in the movie before stepping into the "mini black hole"

and the laser was added in in photoshop, it ends, and a laser that is visible is very expensive and hard to find, my guess is that the hoaxer just picked up a little laser pen at a store and used that, it would be way cheeper to make the movie. also there is no smoke present and if there was smoke present it would be visible in only perticular places, because smoke is not a solid object and would move when he moves his hands, and the end of the laser that is at the poiner, is not always right at the end of the laser pointer.

funny how you don't mention the weight of the device in hope to debunk my debunking, because we both know that a man like that can not hold 500 pounds and move that freeley. i think that's where it ends.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Well, this is my first post here on ATS, after years of late nights reading all of this interesting subjects.

Please excuse me for my bad english.

I study animation and audiovisual arts sice 2002 here in Holland, And at school they teach us how to work with bluescreens and many cool techniques so you could fake an enviroment.
This apparently "john titor jump" is just a really cheap example of what you can do with a computer, a blue screen, a couple of spotlights and a couple of hours of free time,

the first thing i notice of this video is the outline of the guy in the video, it appears blurry,jumping and flickery, you can get this by "keying" the blue screen away in a careless way. (look at the backside of his cap in the very first seconds of the video)

notice the background; it is just an static image with a light coming from the cealing and from the left side of the room, also notice the blacktones of the shadows in the room and compare it to his shadows, they appear more "greyish" than the shadows in his body, mostly in the far left side of the background.
the room is just an picture paste as the background in a videoediting program.

is pretty easy to conclude this when you see that the light source that reflects the guy comes from the front of him (possibly 2 of more studio lights)
and he does not live any shadows in the wall of the room (background image)

and for the laser; it is TOO easy for somebody who uses any kind of video/animation program to animate this laser beam even in a much more convincing way that this guy did.

i must say i love the john titor story, but it just dissapoints me very much to see this kind of things tryng to steal the "magic" of the titor story in such a cheap way

well i hope this was of any help for some of you.

ps: forgive me for my bad english

JonaKay

[edit on 11-1-2005 by Jonakay]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i did have some feelings that it was done on a blue screen but i didn't know for sure so i wasn't going to say anything, now that i look over it with your comments in mind i do realise much more about it.

hope you have a nice time here on ATS!

don't wory about your english alot of people here are very bad typers includuing my self

Velvet1717

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That is a pretty bad effect. Anyways they did try to use the aquarium to make it more plausible that he is in a room. Also you can those types of effects in Adobe Premier. I just takes a few hours to key the frames to the effect. I mean I have a clip where Im using a light saber am I from the future?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Although I'm 100% sure this is fake...

How do we know this is from the real "John Titor"?

It could be someone wanting to claim his fame? I just thought I would add some flames to the fire!

[edit on 11-1-2005 by SpirosL]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Im happy i could help you out with my student knowledge
i would love to fake it myself even better to show you guys how easy it is to make something like this.
i just wished i had a litte more time at the moment. but like old folks says School comes first.
perhaps i'll do it when i have more free time. i'll keep you post it.

greetings

Jonakay

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
thank you JonaKay........
MOST enlightening and helps calm my mind about this whole thing.....

I WISH somebody with the ability to post the video link would DO SO, so that this thread can HAVE it available so folks can SEE what your talking about..

Im very lame at LINK tossing.....I try over and over and keep failing....I end up tossing an address just like Velvet did on the starter post of this thread

Im sorry to be so 'putor stooopid' in this manner

DOUBLE THANKS to Velvet for starting this thread because I asked for it..

(its SO nice to be paid attention to
)

[edit on 11-1-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
yeah sorry about that, just copy and paste it, it should work, im gunna figure that out, and i am going to make that video with me or someone else, it will be pretty easy i'll put it on the web and give you guys the link when im done with it

Velvet

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
sorry,
i thought everybody could download it from the link that Velve1717 post in his/her first message.

here is the link again.

www.anomalies.net...

just copy it an paste in you browser bar or click on it, then is supposes to download automatically

Jonakay

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
also, it very well could be "john titor" (not the real time travler but the guy who made it up)

but the fact that the device weighs 500 pounds is really what kills it for me

also what was the main link that that was from? the website may have some info

Velvet

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
well

I dont think the maker of this video is "John Titor" himself, whoever he is
then he would destroy his very precisely builded story in to pieces.
i think the maker of this video is just some john titor fan or somebody who just wants to have his "Andy Warhol's" 15 minutes of fame

stealing parts of john titor's story.

pretty lame if you ask me.

here is a link where the mention several times about getting a video from the actual "jump"
www.anomalies.net...

Jonakay

ps: the name signature does make it more "neat" but it is actually nonsence......heheh everybody knows i post this.
is just an old habit

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i thought it was 15 min. of fame acording to Worhall, any way it's pretty junky

i can't wait to do it myself

Velvet

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717

the lazer ends, also at one opint the lazer ends in frame, it goes about 4 feet and stops, my guess is that the people used key frames and just moved a red line around that they thought was long enough to stay in frame

Actually I wouldn't expect the laser to reflect off the camera lens that well. The front of the lens is curved, not flat, so it would disperse the reflection.

But you are partially right about the light. I am surprised no one has pointed this out yet. You shouldn't really be able to see the laser beam at all, at least as long as the room isn't filled with smoke. Has anyone ever used a laser pointer that made a visible beam in a well lit room with clear air?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
my point exactly.
im done for the night see you guys later
peace

Velvet

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If it really was John titor, would he not have been carrying the old IBM computer with him??

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Although I'd like to believe the John Titor story I do have one note that debunks the entire argument.
John said when describing his C204 unit that it has to be stationary during operation. It has very sensative gravity sensors that would be knocked out if the vehicle were moving, throwing him into an alternate worldline due to the diverence.
Thus I digest that he would not be able to hold it while he walked forward into the hole as this would have upset the gravity sensors.

Also, where is he meant to be going in this video? He came in a car and left in a truck (names of both vehicles escape me, but I do have them) Simply checking the photos of the unit and checking the seat location will tell you when the photos were taken.

John never mentioned any handheld unit (except the one attatched to his C204, but that wasn't detatchable)
John also only left our worldline once and that was when he traveled to 1975 (year of the IBM5100) via 1998(Year of Johns birth) before presumably jumping to 2036 in a truck.

I can only assume that this video is either a fake or someone testing a HDK handset. Gibbs is supposed to have released a video of him using his HDK. Could this be it?

Elysium

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
regardless of whether JT is real himself, it is clear to me that the video has been done on green screen/blue screen. The living room is not really there.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see it is a fake. Anyone who is even slightly familiar with computer graphics/pre computer graphics can tell that its fake. FACT. End of story.

J_3

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I JUST want to say that if you are familiar with Titor's Posts.

HE Never MaDE claim to producing a video like that!!

I saw that video a few months ago, that is not titor, its someone playing
around with his computer.

I'm not saying titor is a real time traveller either, im just saying "Titor" didn't make that movie..

<<   2 >>

join