It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS just went all Egyptian on me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know there are some Ddos attacks going on and a lot of site changes but twice now I have gone to the recent page and all the symbols are odd hieroglyphics, almost Cyrillic in nature?

Is this an issue or a browser reacting to the situation?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm afraid the temporary overload caused un-processed Reptilian to be displayed on your browser.

Normally, the software would render it from that into an Earth language prior to it going out. Sorry, they're working on it.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Perhaps somebody is making a point about "speaking in tongues", which is the topic of the currently adjacent thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Interesting. I don't see how hieroglyphic can be caused by code glitch... Coding is in latin alphabet so it can't be that.

Any screenshots?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Look up, they are here!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Interesting. I don't see how hieroglyphic can be caused by code glitch... Coding is in latin alphabet so it can't be that.

Any screenshots?

Nope it just hung in an odd state with the odd symbols and such, my 8 year old son saw it too and said "daaaaad what has happened?"

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You say the icons were affected? Were some text affected too?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I know, spooky

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If you post absolute truth a screen full of gibberish is what you will get,what thread is it the net guardians are interested in,the demonic is interested

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: swanne

Any screenshots?

Nope it just hung in an odd state with the odd symbols and such, my 8 year old son saw it too and said "daaaaad what has happened?"

Once in a while the screen would freeze or letters look like boxes...then my eyes get big and I say out loud...

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I know there are some Ddos attacks going on and a lot of site changes but twice now I have gone to the recent page and all the symbols are odd hieroglyphics, almost Cyrillic in nature?

Sounds like the Russians..

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Letters look like boxes? This means the unicode tags (characters have unicode tags) would have trouble being displayed in the browser. This either is a problem of the browser (cannot recognise the site's tags) or of the site (site uses hard to understand tags).

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
call langley tech support.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Did it look like this? LOL
edit on 12-3-2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Same here, i got rectangles everywhere. There was a pyramid with a bomb next to it on where the RECENT tab list usually is.

a guitar, a flute and the word SPAM written at least 20 times on the screen. happened on log in, stayed like that for about 10 seconds while i pondered wtf, then switched to normal.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You aren't using Linux, are you? I've had that happen to me before when the computer overheated. Only difference is that all websites I had open experienced the problem, not just ATS.

-foss

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I'm afraid the temporary overload caused un-processed Reptilian to be displayed on your browser.

Normally, the software would render it from that into an Earth language prior to it going out. Sorry, they're working on it.

That pretty much answers all questions on SO and the mods

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

You aren't using Linux, are you? I've had that happen to me before when the computer overheated. Only difference is that all websites I had open experienced the problem, not just ATS.

-foss

This PC is currently on Kubuntu yes.

It happened again and I got a screenshot but now the uploads are not working...

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
what's point of Board questions forum if in 12 hours, nobody from the "Board" responds. I've seen this before many times...in the end...forum members go in and try to help with answers.

One of my questions was never touched by any mod...just got opinion from other members.

I find that disrespectful and it makes you feel stupid for even asking.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

edit on 13/3/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join