It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You haven't had pasta until you had Garo Falo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hey guys

Most organic food tastes just slightly better than conventional food, people who can afford organic do it mainly cause they know it is healthier

Not the case with garo falo organic pasta

Can't even be compared to regular pasta when it comes to pure taste

Well worth the money

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VanGcouverite

Much better

Never heard of it thx u for the new info
edit on 9-3-2016 by surrender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Do you mean Garofalo brand pasta?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Box of pasta I am looking at is written as garo space falo

Not garofalo

Probably same thing

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VanGcouverite
Probably same thing

It is the family's name, and it is spelled Garofalo:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yes that must be the one

Though it is with space between garo falo on my packaging

I am in Canada

Maybe that's why

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
From the website: We could tell you that Pasta Garofalo
was first produced in 1789. We could boast about the fact that Pasta Garofalo has been considered the quality pasta par excellence since the twenty-year Fascist period. We could bore you by listing the certifications and technologies used in our production facilities to transform the best durum wheats into the best possible pasta.

Well...that's a weird way to denote how long your pasta has been "par excellence".

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Mussolini had a campaign to have Italians switch from pasta to rice and imposed tariffs on grains used to make pasta so in a way there were no popular pastas in the Fascist Era.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That's the stuff from the big box store!!

I have eaten that stuff a while and I like the cooked texture. You have to fuss with the other brands to keep them from being to mushy and overcooked. I've had to use the cheep stuff before I did the Costco run (in under 12 parsecs!!) last month and I agree with OP, I like this stuff (Garofalo) better! Other brands seem too "floury" which makes sense if Garofalo is made with semolina.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Other brands seem too "floury" which makes sense if Garofalo is made with semolina.

I personally use Gentile or Colavita.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Uh, 'Gen-tee-lay.' It must be Italian! - A Christmas Story

I started buying fresh pasta, freezing what I am not going to use, and keeping dried pasta as the UPS (uninterruptable pasta supply)! I am down with trying different brands and will check them out.

edit on 10-3-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I typically make my own fresh pasta since it is relatively easy. The only pasta I purchase is the semolina/dried types since they are more labor intensive.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The next step is to start making fresh pasta. Fresh pasta and an herb garden! Along with all the other projects (finish up the 3-kettle mash tun boiler set up, a pressure cooker, an induction plate or two, etc.)

Until then I will make do with buying Garofalo pasta!

Hey OP! Costco also sells take-n-bake baguettes (sorry AM, haven't got around making that from scratch... yet) which are not bad at all. They are shelf stable, cook in about 8 minutes, and make for a great carbo load with the pasta!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Costco also sells take-n-bake baguettes (sorry AM, haven't got around making that from scratch... yet)

Those are really time consuming to make at home, especially if you are only doing a small run. Best to find a good bakery for things like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
there is no dried pasta that is worth eating without being desperate for something to eat. Its why I just don't eat pasta very often at a restaurant.

you CAN buy Buitoni, and its not bad at all. Its a fresh, prepackaged pasta.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Just went through a packet of this garofalo pasta.

Hey there

Your pasta is nothing, it is a fool's pasta

A naive young fool's pasta

You think I care about what pasta you like or how you will use this pasta to try to discredit me

Or even ban me

You think someone of my experience, knowledge of pasta... can even be impacted by your opinion of pasta

You think I care about being on this site discussing pasta

YOU HAVE GREAT HARDSHIPS AWAIT FOR YOU ON THIS LIFE, IF YOU CONTINUE TO EAT GAROFALO PASTA

Go ahead laugh, I promise you, you will remember what I told you in the future

AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I KNOW AND WILL BE WORTHY OF ME AND THE GREAT BARILLA PASTA

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.. Still waiting on that email you said you'd send me, btw..

For the record, Barilla is just the best tasting pasta on the face of the Earth. I challenge you to give it a try and compare it to Garofalo.

edit on 15-3-2016 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

top topics

join