It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump University Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is there anything criminal with Trump U? This is a civil case. People were not ripped off. They were lazy and/or did not do what was needed.

This is nothing new. These occur every weekend at your local hotels but they usually cost less. If someone wants to pay 35k dollars to go to Trump university there is no scam. It is their choice. There is no promise. If I go to Harvard Law and spend 150k and do not become a lawyer or drop out can I sue Harvard law? It was your choice.

This is free enterprise at its finest. Ferrari charges 30 for matching luggage. You are paying for a name. I will guarantee they drove their friends and family nuts before and while attending. Talking about the money they would make. Then, back on planet earth and out of Trump University they did not make it. This is Trumps fault?

Felons on the staff? Look at Congress. They run your country not an expensive infomercial.
Told to use credit cards to get good deals? Uh, high pressure sales tactic. You say no.

People send preachers and pastors money every week to be saved by god...are they all con men too?
edit on 03pm31pmf0000002016-03-09T12:49:30-06:001230 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Laws for slander are already in place though.

So what do you think he means when he says he want's to open up libel laws???

He want's to sue and silence anyone who he disagrees with. He doesn't give a damn about what is true or not. He just wants to control who says what.

He means libel laws doesn't apply to the press. A newspaper can say anything they want and at worse have to bury a retraction on page 30 after running front page headlines. These press can easily destroy anyone's reputation with false claims then hide a paragraph retracting it later that no one read.But the damage they can do to someone is huge and the victim has no recourse because of freedom of the press. Trump isn't wrong on this one the press has the ability to destroy anyone or any company without fear of any repercussions.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Is there anything criminal with Trump U? This is a civil case. People were not ripped off. They were lazy and/or did not do what was needed.

This is nothing new. These occur every weekend at your local hotels but they usually cost less. If someone wants to pay 35k dollars to go to Trump university there is no scam. It is their choice. There is no promise. If I go to Harvard Law and spend 150k and do not become a lawyer or drop out can I sue Harvard law? It was your choice.

I want a president who doesn't enrich himself by selling dreams to people and then failing to deliver. Teaching courses that advertise making a person wealthy through doing X, and then having a very low success rate at doing so is wrong. Universities do this too (though to a lesser extent), but we're not talking about making the head of a university president.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No, he is wrong. In fact even his example of the media printing something that they know is wrong is in fact the easiest type of libel case to win. Normally they can be very difficult to win because you have to prove that they knew it was wrong and still printed it with malice. So even his example was lame.

Plus it's unconstitutional as hell. Not that he cares. There is a reason we have Freedom of the Press and also why there are journalists who are considered credible sources and those who aren't. Any reputable news organization goes through a lot of effort to make sure they have their facts straight already and if and when something comes out where a mistake was made it's fixed.

We've already got a media whitewash by having them owned by advertisers and controlled by corporate media. Plus we even now have laws against whistleblowers. The last thing we need is more restrictions on information allowing those in power to quell the truth from getting out because they don't like what is being said.

You can't possibly support this if your someone who is looking for the truth. I mean come on. The media already is practically a joke when it comes to giving out honest information. Do you really want to restrict it more because some rich A-Hole doesn't like what someone says about them??? If it's false they can sue them already. All this would do is silence what little amounts of truth we're getting and turn any news completely in to just entertainment. You have to see that???!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You want a president who is not a business man? If someone wants to pay you for something you do it. Again, he did nothing wrong.

As far as libel, i would rather have a president who is keeping the meida honest, as Trump does, than an administration that spies on the MSM. How soon we forget....Obama used the espionage act against reporters.

townhall.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You don't keep media honest by restricting what they can say. This goes right to the heart of the idea of Freedom of Speech. You don't get more truth by restricting it. That's why it's better to have more independent sources for the news than only a couple. Because they more you have they more they all keep each other in check.

A journalists credibility relies on them reporting what is true and accurate. If they don't someone is going to call them on it and once exposed it's nearly impossible for them to get that credibility back. So it's in their best interest to NOT make mistakes. So you're better off letting them say what they want to say openly because if they don't tell the truth someone is going to call them on it and then they're screwed.

But if they are always in fear of what they say because someone with money or power can just sue them to keep them quiet you'll never hear the truth about anything. Just think about it. Journalists don't have the kind of resources to fight a battle in court against big corporations like oil or pharma. So they are never going to report on what organizations like that are doing if they'll be instantly shoved in a court room facing a team of lawyers over it. That is the whole idea behind Freedom of the Press and even Freedom of Speech.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You want a president who is not a business man? If someone wants to pay you for something you do it. Again, he did nothing wrong.

No, you don't. You do not scam people out of their money, making a buck is not the highest calling in life and this goes double for someone like Trump who can afford to do things the right way.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
May 6, 2016

FYI...Donald Trump will testify in the Class-Action lawsuit against his real estate "university".

Excerpt:

"Citing concern Friday that a “media frenzy” would ensue if a trial were held before the November presidential election, the judge overseeing a class-action lawsuit against Donald Trump over a real estate “university” accused of defrauding students scheduled a late November date for the years-old litigation.

Jury selection in the case, which is expected to last four weeks or longer, is set to begin Nov. 28. Trump's attorney said the billionaire businessman plans to attend as much of the trial as possible — and testify."

Source: www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
according to documents, a former employee tells that...

“You don’t sell products, benefits, or solutions—you sell feelings.”

I'm sure all of his supporters know what he means.

Is that really enough for your vote ?

really ?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Sorry, anybody who would spend money at Trump University is a dolt. Seriously. That does not mean he should not have the venture. I believe that if someone wants to pay for your knowledge take the money. There is nothing free.

There are no promises in school. I mean, just because you go to Law school it does not mean you will be a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

How did he scam people? By saying if you follow these methods you could make money? There is not get rich quick scheme and there are a lot of people who succeeded with Trump U. How do you explain them?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: syrinx high priest

Sorry, anybody who would spend money at Trump University is a dolt. Seriously. That does not mean he should not have the venture. I believe that if someone wants to pay for your knowledge take the money. There is nothing free.

There are no promises in school. I mean, just because you go to Law school it does not mean you will be a lawyer.

Yup, a friend of mine dropped out of Harvard Law School to become a chef.

I asked him what his mom thought of his decision. Lol!!

Good for you, Maurie!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

How did he scam people? By saying if you follow these methods you could make money? There is not get rich quick scheme and there are a lot of people who succeeded with Trump U. How do you explain them?

A lot of people made money with Madoff too and it was still a scam.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
People still defending the con man. Our society is so lost. I'm expecting the standard "you must be a Hillary supporter" response. Nope.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join