It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Affliction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Grrrr...I hate to admit to being anything less than normal, heh, but I've realized for quite some time that I seem to have a past afflicted by paranormal events. Even as I write, I'm remembering things that I somehow had put out of my mind. The first time I can recall anything strange happening to me was when I was about 5 years old. My great grandmother had passed away before my birth, and my parents and I had moved into her house when it was willed to my mother shortly after my great grandmas death. I had never known or seen pictures of my g. grandma, but I was running around the house playing one day when I saw the nicest little old lady walk through the utility room. She looked over at me while she was walking toward the bedroom and smiled the sweetest smile. I thought she was the prettiest old lady that I had ever seen, and I went into the living room and asked my mother who she was...thinking that it was a friend of mom's that I hadn't seen come in while I was playing. My mother asked me what lady I was talking about, and I took my mom's hand and pulled her to the utility room and toward the bedroom, and looked around all confused wondering where she went. My mom got a little hysterical and went for her handgun (my dad was on the road driving a truck), and I went to the couch and got a little scared while mom looked all over the house determined to find this person. After finding no one around and convinced there wasn't anyone there, my mom sat down beside me and asked me what the woman looked like. As I described her, my mom's raised an eyebrow and looked a bit concerned. She went to the bedroom closet and got a box of the top shelf. She went through some pictures and asked me if a woman from one of the photos was who I had seen. It was, and I had described her right down to her green shirt with pretty white flowers, green slacks, and black shoes. My mom told me it was just an old friend of hers and played it off as nothing serious. It wasn't until about five years later that I found out what had happened. Though I remembered that day like it was the day before. That was the first time, but certainly not the last time something strange had happened. There was a time when I saw the shadow man out my bedroom window, and heard a woman scream that nobody else heard. The time my car started driving itself, and a many others. Now, you have to realize that I was quite the quiet, slightly introverted, and very serious child. I hated liars, and my parents drove me nuts with their silliness at times. It's a capricornian thing I hear. We tend to be more adult as children and more childish as adults in some sort of topsy-turvy syndrome. What I tended to do for the longest time until just recently was ignore things of this nature. If it couldn't be explained, I had no use for it and so I went on about my business as usual...keeping those A's in school. Well, I've gone back to school and am keeping A's again, but what's changed is I'm not ignoring these things anymore. I'm wondering why. What on earth has caused me to sense what I'm guessing is other-worldly spirits. I would analytically suppose insanity could be an issue if it weren't for the fact that this started when I was five, and my life was completely normal, happy, and healthy other than these sporadic events. I've noticed since I've been a member and having viewed various posts that others, of course, have had similar experiences. What I would like to know is are there any members who have had this kind of frequency of odd goings on? And what the he%$ should I do about it?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strianissa
It's a capricornian thing I hear. We tend to be more adult as children and more childish as adults in some sort of topsy-turvy syndrome.

Hmmm..that's sounds just like me. Happy birthday btw, I'm sure it's either coming up or just past

you're thinking about this stuff now, because it is unresolved in your mind, you've ignored it and put it off and now it's back, because you're probably in a mindstate in which you can now explore the possibilities and be able to handle them. you're not insane, you're just suddenly more aware that there is more to this world and life, that we can see and comprehend. You've probably read or heard this before, but many believe that now is a time for greater spiritual awakenings.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No, actually I haven't heard this? Where did you get this info from. I would love to look into it further.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just start reading the paranormal and spiritual threads on ATS and BTS, you'll find many members referencing this time as a time of greater awakening. I have some links, but i'm running out of the house in a few, so you'll have to wait for me to return to get them

also try googling 2004-2005 spiritual awakenings and see what you get

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have also had many strange events take place in my life as well. For instance, when I was 5 or so, I awoke suddenly without warrning and looked around a dark room that had a single beam of light in it used as a night light. Then a clear, crisp shadow of a human hand appeared on the wall and seemed to "wave" at me, then slid back to the shadow. There was no sound, nor when I looked at where the source of the shadow should be, there was nothing there. I was not afraid, nor did I feel threatened by this. In a strange turn, I felt more comforted by it, as if something was trying to just say "Hi". This was really the first of many strange experiences, or feelings I have had thru my life. If you are interested in any more of them, feel free to ask and I will be happy to give my story.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow! That story of strange things at bedtime reminds me of my ex-husband telling me that he had an owl come through his bedroom window one night at bedtime. The silly thing was wearing a necklace with a large pendant of some sort on it. He and his brother and sister all three saw it, and it perched at the foot of their bed and glared at them. They all freaked out and ran out of the room screaming. When they came back, it was gone.

So, if these kinds of things are happening to many or all of us from time to time, it seems that this is a sign of another dimension. Why would so many ignore the signs? And why are we not more attentive to this prospect?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strianissa
What I would like to know is are there any members who have had this kind of frequency of odd goings on? And what the he%$ should I do about it?

I have had many strange experiences involving telepathy, dreams and people at large and for a few years was highly disconcerted about it. The events in my life could constitute a thread in an of itself so I'll just attempt to help out with the questions brought here. First of all , the best answer is to educate yourself, not necassarily just paranormal phenomona and things that can't be explained, but things that can be explained - like the physical sciences as well as the various thoughts on sociology and psychology. I have found it useful to understand why people do things and their relation to the environment. Cause and Effect is truly the nature of our universe. Understanding the explainable is precisely how we can provide answers to all those unexplainables.

I agree with WorldWatcher in that many believe we are amidst in a Great Spiritual Awakening, but I choose to look at it differently. Spirituality is for the large part an individual experience and understanding and as such is either halted or expanded depending on how much information you encounter. The society we live in is unprecedented in history(some might argue differently) in that we have access to huge amounts of information and may access this info at a moments notice. Spirituality may be a portion of the human experience but can only be enriched by knowledge. Of course the fun task when handling all of this information is understanding what disinformation is, i.e. the difference between opinion and fact, etc.

As I can't argue the signs pointing towards another dimension, I can say how easy it is to ignore them. We live in a very distracting world and most of us don't understand the dimensions we do operate in - the more attentive we are to this reality and the more we know about it the better to understand the possibilities we as of yet do not understand.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I agree with WorldWatcher in that many believe we are amidst in a Great Spiritual Awakening...

So far, I haven't actually seen any proof of this alleged great spiritual awakening. Yes, technology has increased, and intellectual currents are flowing faster than ever before...on the whole but not necessarily on the individual level. Of all of the greatest men that we have living today, can any of them be deemed as bright as Einstein? Copernicus? Pythagorus? And if you can name one, with what frequency do we produce such geniuses? Is that frequency greater than decades past? So far all I've seen while doing my searches on this great spiritual awakening is suppositions based on what every person in humanity would fight for, which is a name for himself. I would still like to see some evidence of this "great awakening".

new topics

top topics

join