It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Shooting of Oregon occupier LaVoy Finicum justified

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not nearly as bad as some people's ignorance.

People in general are fairly ignorant is there a point to your statement ?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Other people in this thread provided the point.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No new surprises and the police were justified given the totality of circumstances.

Well of course they would find it justified! This sounds like the logic of a teenager. I would laugh if it weren't deadly serious.

Someone thought long and hard to set that ambush up in just such a way that would put every officer in potential danger and therefore in fear for their lives, thus fulfilling the criteria necessary to declare it "justified" under the Supreme Court decision defining justifiable uses of lethal force.

Or maybe not. At least not under the provocation-of-conflict doctrine, as the courts determined in Billington v. Smith and Espinosa v. San Francisco, for example.

But who will appeal this decision? Who can appeal this decision? Who has standing to appeal this decision? Certainly not the one who was personally and immediately harmed... he's dead.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Police are prohibited, under certain circumstances, to create a situation that forces a deadly force encounter, and we talked about that in other threads with the final road block. Using totality of circumstances in this case it was justified, nullifying your provocation of conflict doctrine. Further the actions by Finicum met all requirements for a use of deadly force.

As for challenges you are wrong. The Finicum family can request a federal investigation under a violation of civil rights. Anytime police, regardless of level (local / county / state / federal) shoot / kill an individual that person is considered "seized" under the 4th amendment (42 USC 1983). They can argue his civil rights were violated by police action.

Even then based on all information I dont see a finding in their favor.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would like to point out that another murderer, who happened to have a netflix series done about him and his case, also had people from another county do the investigation.... and that turned out spectacular.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Other people in this thread provided the point.

You do plenty to validate that as well. YOU are on a conspiracy site spouting the same old diatribe "nothing to see here".

Do you seriously not see the fallacy in that? Why do you spend your days in conspiracy land spouting mainstream blub blub that counters any notion of conspiracy? To what end bro'ha? Seriously? If it's just another day in the life, than how is this thread even relevant to a conspiracy site?

I know, I know, we're finicky about answering personal question of the Avatar, so we can agree that my first series of questions were rhetorical. My last question if you feel inclined to answer it, is relevant to this discussion.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
the officers didn't do anything wrong. The big boys did.

Finicum was not a big boy, just a religious nutter.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: chiefsmom
the officers didn't do anything wrong. The big boys did.

Finicum was not a big boy, just a religious nutter.

He was not....You are completely nuts and making things up to suit your bias
edit on 8-3-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know this is infowars (not alway's good) but they have another video,with sound:

He's last word was: "Go ahead, shoot me!" . You don't have to watch to the two dudes afterwards if you don't wish, just make your own idea.

edit on 8-3-2016 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

EDIT: They got a better video in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-3-2016 by PersonneX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
colour me not surprised.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

That's because not everything is a conspiracy... Like this incident.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here is the video from inside Finicums truck from the time they are stopped to being taken into custody after Finicum was shot. It substantiates the police version of events.

ATS thread - Shawna Cox Video from Inside LaVoy's Truck

top topics

<< 1   >>

join