It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Falls off of a Segway!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Check this out: Link

"For a U.S. president, taking vacation can be risky business. Pictures of George W. Bush tumbling off a personal scooter, hooking a golf drive and tossing back a fish had at least one Democrat baiting the White House on Friday. "Hard at work during the Mideast crisis, health care crisis and jobs crisis," read the headline on a news release from the office of Democratic Rep. David Obey of Wisconsin."

-Yahoo News

Poor guy.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Its in the Tabloids here in the UK too.

From choking on pretzels to falling off scooters.

Here he is, my fellow Americans, your high exhaukted leader, those most powerful man in the world!

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
its supposed to be impossible to fall of those things

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
W. Bush proves he can perform the "IMPOSSIBLE!".

More about his new found talents tonight at 11: Est...now for SPORTS!. *comercial*

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
What's sadder?

1)The President who falls off of a segway

2)The party that has to resort to taking pictures of him falling off the segway inorder to have something to use against him?

I mean, really, the Democratic presidential candidates look like they're always about to fall off the stage during the debates. Carol Mosely Braun, Jim Edwards, Al Sharpton... where do they find these people?

Yes, I admit, Bush is clumsy. he's also not scholar. But at least he isn't so hard up that he thinks Monica Lewinsky is irresistible.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Sadder:

(1) the Bush photos

The photos of this clumsy lying idiot have nothing to do with party politics.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
too bad he only inherited the "bad" traits...

At least he hasn't puked on an ambassador yet...but the clock is ticking...

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Chose Dan Quayle as his running mate because he reminded him so much of his son.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
A side note on the segway...I think this will be a great step forward in making it so much easier for people to get hit by cars. Do the make an all terrian model?

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I know most weren't old enough or even around to enjoy his "style" but Gerald Ford makes Shrub look as graceful as a ballet dancer!

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
"Only 4 days 'til Hulk! Only 4 days 'til Hulk! Only 4 days 'til Hulk!"

LOL, that was a good one.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   

WHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA

I've always known he was a babboon

no wait, that's to much of an insult for the babboons

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by ScienceDude]

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
What's sadder?

1)The President who falls off of a segway

2)The party that has to resort to taking pictures of him falling off the segway inorder to have something to use against him?

I mean, really, the Democratic presidential candidates look like they're always about to fall off the stage during the debates. Carol Mosely Braun, Jim Edwards, Al Sharpton... where do they find these people?

Yes, I admit, Bush is clumsy. he's also not scholar. But at least he isn't so hard up that he thinks Monica Lewinsky is irresistible.

i say number 2

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - About 6,000 of the much-hyped Segway Human Transporters are being voluntarily recalled for an upgrade because some of the futuristic scooters can suddenly run out of power, causing riders to fall off, U.S. safety regulators and the company said on Friday.

Segway has received three such reports of riders falling off, including one person who sustained a head injury that required stitches, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (news - web sites) and the company said in a statement.

The power problem occurs under certain operating conditions, especially when the batteries are running out, Segway and the safety agency said in the statement, posted on the Internet.

Specifically, the company said in a statement, they can occur "if the rider speeds up abruptly, encounters an obstacle, or continues to ride after receiving a low-battery alert."

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030926/tc_nm/tech_segway_recall_dc

I'm not making excuses for Bush here as much as letting this be known in case any of you have these things and especially if your not blessed with a hard head.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
astro

As I saw that you had posted anew on one of the six old 'Bush falls off a Segway' threads I was asking myself what new development there could be, not again!

Then I saw your recall info, and thought, Don't tell me this is in defense of Bush!

But your poised comment is very worthwhile. The whole Segway thing as invention of the millennium was quite bizarre, and I have often wondered why I don't see them on all the world's bicycle paths and footpaths already. Not.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
M.A.

the whole premise behind the invention of this machine is to make it easier for people to be hit by cars. I've never been on one and could not attest to its difficulty to operate, however, the fact that there was a voluntary recall leads me to belive it, like so many other hyped products, isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It seems from your comment that you began reading my thread with the mind set that you were ready to defend one measly little embarrasing moment by our president like a propaghandist defending their case. I have no idea whether the battery was dead on the model Bush fell from or if he's just that clumsy but either way, if thats the criteria to be an idiot, I guess I qualify because 2 years ago I pulled an end over while moutain biking. oh and you might look at some sports bloopers too. Must be nice to have never ever stumbled or fallen off your bike or tripped on stairs (guilty of that too). The thing that bothered me about this was its heralding to the top of the evidence pile that our president is ignorant when in all actuality, I can't criticize because I've done far more clumsy acts that have had far more hurtful outcomes than this. Falling through an old rotten ladder, flipping my chair in second grade. My personal fav was shutting the car door on my mother-in-law's finger. Gosh, for all you all that never stumble, fall, or do anything stupid, us idiots are sure envious of you. ...if there are any of you.

Anyway, back to my main point. Got a Segway? You need to take her in for a recall notice. End of point and story.

new topics

top topics

join