It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Again.

I am claiming my expenses as currently entitled by the current tax laws. No tricks or work arounds.

And I am happy with the current tax model.

My complaint is because the goverment want to CHANGE that.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: grainofsand

I have more in common with the minimum wage earners than a million or billionaire.

Bollocks, when did you last fret about having to top up a pre-pay gas key with a tenner you really need?
You are making yourself out some kind of poor victim and I say that's bull#.

I know plenty of people on minimum wage who struggle every day but don't whinge like you do.
Lame.

I had a mate who works 70 hours as a chef, single bloke owns his own 2 bed house come round just the other day begging for a 20 quid loan till Friday to put some electric on so he could iron his whites.

It is I thhink easy to forget quite how little some of the hardest working people out there actually have to survive on.

But that is not my fault, nor is taxing the £40-150k earners more going to end his plight.

I am not saying it is your fault, just trying to point out that your boat is better than you think in comparison to that of a huge chunk of the population.

Here's a question, How many middle class IT consultants were up in arms and opposing the bedroom tax?

Not many I guess because not many IT consultants are living in social housing on low incomes or benefits.

Yet now the IT consultants are expecting those same people to be outraged at a slight tax increase???

A generalisation as I was against the tax, especially for the elderly and disabled and even wrote off about it and signed a few petitions.

I imagine that you were the exeption and not the rule on that though.

Do you see my point though.

You wonder why people "hate" middle class?

You have a nice life, rarely struggle, no heavy lifting and think that you are hard done to when the reality is you live in a different world to those at the bottom.

Pre paid electric and gas, no spare cash for savings or emergencies, no credit cards, food banks, no nice holidays.......

You on the other hand through effort and hard work I will conceed have a nice house, a nice car, disposable income, you have a 3d printer to make little models with for christ's sake!!!

And you are complaining.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I wouldn't exactly call the house nice

My mate living on benefits lives in something similar.

Plus I'm not complaining on my current situation.

It is the fact the goverment plan to change that situation and bleed of more money.

That won't make the lower income brackets life's better. If anything it will make it worse as a smaller middle class means less social mobility.

edit on 8-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I am claiming my expenses as currently entitled by the current tax laws.

I negotiate the current tax laws lawfully and legally, no tricks just following legislation.
If you choose not to take advantage of the legislation as it stands then tough #, but the morality card is lame because I follow the law as it stands.
Take it up with the government if you want the law changed so I pay more tax.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

I wouldn't exactly call the house nice

My mate living on benefits lives in something similar.

Plus I'm not complaining on my current situation.

It is the fact the goverment plan to change that situation and bleed of more money.

That won't make the lower income brackets life's better. If anything it will make it worse as a smaller middle class means less social mobility.

But one day you will own your house outright whilst your mate will pay rent for life.

The simple fact is that this is what governments do, scew over the population for their own elitist gain.

Just because your "middle class" does not mean they give a hoot about you, as you said earlier you are just like the bottom rungers to them.

Do what everyone else does, suck it up and move on.

If your house is not up to scratch maybe me and gos could give you a quote for a refurb.

That would make for an interesting job...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If your house is not up to scratch maybe me and gos could give you a quote for a refurb.

I'm game...10% discount for cash fella

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm game...10% discount for cash fella

And we will also collect all the materials for you to save you having to deal with those pesky receipts...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

And we will also collect all the materials for you to save you having to deal with those pesky receipts...

Haha, of course, that is standard practice with a one-stop-shop service.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So work around it with self-assessment like me and NS suggested earlier.
You can avoid that tax lawfully and legally with a little bit of administrative work. I'm not trying to be a dick but it is really easy to do and yet you are still whinging.
The government have NOT stopped people mitigating self-employment losses from PAYE contributions. You seem like you want to be a victim instead of playing the game which it really is.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I see it as you have two types of people in this world. Theres two guys sitting at a bus stop waiting for a bus. A man drives up in a Mercedes and they both look. One guy talks # about how hes a snob and has got it easy. The other guy wants to tap on his window and introduce himself and ask how he got there in his life. I am the last one. People work hard to get where they are or are blessed with a wealthy family. Either way the American dream is there for grabs.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychotics

The OP can easily avoid the taxes he's whinging about but can't be arsed with the administrative time required to do so.
I've got the impression he wants to be a victim.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Psychotics

The OP can easily avoid the taxes he's whinging about but can't be arsed with the administrative time required to do so.
I've got the impression he wants to be a victim.

O ffs.

Your the one tryi g to pick a fight.

I can be arsed with the administrative work as IM CURRENTLY DOING IT.

My worry is the government stopping it.

Ok sure i will just switch to a alternative method.

Until the government stops that in a year or ywo down the road!

The way things are going there wont be ANY way to avoid or claim back tax for ANYONE.

Better to speak up now and make a fuss than put my fingers in my ears and go "lalala" like GOS.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Better to speak up now and make a fuss than put my fingers in my ears and go "lalala" like GOS.

Lol behave!
There will always be tax avoidance schemes that individual citizens can take advantage of. Anything the big corp's can do so can we, you just have to be creative and lose the defeatist mentality.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Edited because the post I replied to was canned by mods lol
edit on 8.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: BrianFlanders

This is about taxation and the perception of the middle classes pal, nothing to do with lefty righty politics.

Everything is political.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I do not believe that.

That's your perogative. History says otherwise.

You and your kind want 0 taxes and anarchy. You think you will come out on top.

'Me and my kind' want as small of taxes and government as is needed to operate.

'Me and my kind' think that everyone will prosper under that policy, including you.

The movement is toward fascism, mayhem, war, like the The Levant, or ME. Lots of money to be made of human suffering. That is what the rich know.

So do I want anarchy or fascism? Because they can't coexist. Or are you just throwing anything against a wall, to see what sticks?

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Both, anything but peace and progress.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join