It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I fall into that little bracket were I earn enough to live comfortble but not enough to be considered rich. My earnings put me in the 10% or the lower 1%.

So why does everyone hate me?

The rich/political classes whenever they raise taxes hit us the hardest.
When they say we will tax the rich its not the million or billionaires they end up taxing but ME. A millionaire or billionair might not miss £1000 a year but that hits ME. I feel that.

Tax changes to contractors in the UK soon may cost me £1000 at best maybe up to £5000 !

The people on benefits or the low earners will laugh and the rich will just tell me to "buckle my belt tighter".

But why?
I worked hard to get a good education. I worked hard to get a good job. I do a honest job that provides a valuable service! So why when the tax hammer comes down do I get hit the hardest?
Why are the middle classes being taxed into being low earners?

Look at history! Why when there is a people revolution the doctors, Scientists, teachers and other professional always end up as the ones put against a wall and shot?!

edit on 6-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Easy.

Educated/ethical people always take it up the you know what, because they tend to be natural victims. They aren't "evil enough" to be part of the "1%", (or they might become part of it), and they are not non-thinking enough to be part of the lowest percent (which has little left to lose).

Kev

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Easy.

Educated/ethical people always take it up the you know what, because they tend to be natural victims. They aren't "evil enough" to be part of the "1%", (or they might become part of it), and they are not non-thinking enough to be part of the lowest percent (which has little left to lose).

Kev

In otherwords we are pussys and easy victims

The nerdy kids at school that get our lunch money stolen.

In fact most of us probably were the nerdy kid that got our lunch money stolen we just went from the school bully to the goverment

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
LOOK! ITS AN EVIL RICH EWOK!

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

No really though, you're a self proclaimed low 1%er? Must be nice...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Simple.

We know too much. We know enough to see the patterns if we look. We may not understand all of what we see, but we recognize it enough to know it's there.

We know enough to not be easily led. We tend to be more independent and less dependent.

We know enough to recognize that they are not our betters, merely our equals at best in most cases.

We may make their world work, and we may produce. But they resent that we tend to do it more at our whim and not theirs.

So, they want to destroy us.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So why does everyone hate me?

Everyone doesn't hate you...but the right wingers sure do when you point out their BS hypocracy, "poorly educated" thinking style, and their cult like devotion to their Idols.

say mate, can you spot me a fiver?

edit on 6-3-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Correct.

To be powerful in this world you have to be the best at "game theory", which means the best thief and liar who can outmaneuver the best schools of thieves and liars (congress, the international banks, etc.).

Ethical people refuse to play that game.

Kev

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

So?

I earn just enough to live comfortably

Why should I be punished for it if I earn that money through honest work?

Im not a banker or a politician, nor am I a oil baron or a property Mongol.

I’m just a Biologist that works 9-5 and try’s to make sure the medication people take is safe.
I have not stabbed anyone in the back to get that job or exploited anyone, nor have I broken any laws or bribed anyone.

All I did was study at school, choose a useful degree and worked some grotty jobs to get experience on certain projects that I used to get a cushy job.

Why should I be taxed into oblivion for that?

Surely I earned a comfortble wage to live on?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

So?

I earn just enough to live comfortably

Why should I be punished for it if I earn that money through honest work?

I’m just a Biologist that works 9-5 and try’s to make sure the medication people take is safe.
I have not stabbed anyone in the back to get that job or exploited anyone, nor have I broken any laws or bribed anyone.

All I did was study at school, choose a useful degree and worked some grotty jobs to get experience on certain projects that I used to get a cushy job.

Why should I be taxed into oblivion for that?

Surely I earned a comfortble wage to live on?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You and my husband, but hey you and he are evil and rich and probably sit off in some board room twirling your Snidely Whiplash mustaches trying to figure out how to screw over everyone else.

And you probably stabbed 100s of more deserving people in the back to get the job you do have.

Nothing brings that mentality home than to have what used to be a family friend tell you those things more or less to your face when you try to explain just exactly what you do and how it works inside your job. But Teikiatsu has had that experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What have you lost? The lower middle class has been losing to low wage/high wage workers for 30 yrs through the tax system. The working class has been losing buying power, benefits. Do you go once a week without a meal before payday?

ETA Don't even get me started on my friends who still have to work at 67 because of the 08 crash.
edit on 6-3-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I fall into that little bracket were I earn enough to live comfortble but not enough to be considered rich. My earnings put me in the 10% or the lower 1%.

The Global Political Elite brainwash the masses that Middle Class Americans make to much money and want you to be on the same level as those in India or China, and then we can all be at the same level.

You will not see the top Corporate and Banking elite take a paycut from their own policies they created, rather their wealth is exploding from it.

I can't remember if it was Kissinger or some other Globalists but he said that American's feel too entitled to a higher standard of living, and need to bring it down with the rest of the world.
This same Globalist was worth Billions as well. They never point the finger at themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have been accused of torturing animals and being part of a huge pharma scam to poison people: P

So I know that feeling.

Funny as the site I work at doesn’t even use animals for testing!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

What have you lost? The lower middle class has been losing to low wage/high wage workers for 30 yrs through the tax system. The working class has been losing buying power, benefits. Do you go once a week without a meal before payday?

ETA Don't even get me started on my friends who still have to work at 67 because of the 08 crash.

So skipping a meal is your standard for people worthy of being allowed to gripe?

I skip breakfast every day.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!!

I definitely support that. My post was just a tease. But you've shown that the %s aren't the end all be all. You're obviously not hoarding unnecessary wealth like the millionaire billionaire trillionaires; the .1% are the true evil. That being said, I live comfortably off of less than $30k a year so I find it obscene that anyone feels they need X amount of money to survive. Consumerism/materialism are evil & until we can fundamentally change our society, people with less will always hate you.
edit on 6-3-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Maybe it's a cause of natural selection or perhaps Karma.

I have no idea what a "low 1%" life is like and I really don't care but whatever you have must have come from the low 99 percent of the peasant population. There must be balance in the universe. You got our money and our sweat. Now, you have to pay for that sweat - I'm guessing.

BTW, I don't hate you, nor would I ever begrudge you anything. We're here to become all that we wish to be, or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't know anyone who hates the middle class, hardly a persecuted minority now are we. I never got bullied for being middle class at school don't know anyone who di I don't remember any deregotary terms Any bullying I received I probably deserved looking back on it.

Enjoy your wealth, you've deserved it. But don't flash it about, you'll always be looked down on by the upper class with that attitude
edit on 6-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

And I should be punsished for that why?

I had nothing to do with the crash of 08!

So why should I be the one that gets punnsihed for it?

That £1000 I lose no wont make me starve.
Yes thats a holiday gone. A luxory.

But why should I lose that?

Is that not the point of me working my butt off to get a good job?

Why should I work hard if those little luxorys are stripped from me?

I may as well pack my job in and go live on welfare if thats the case. If doing nothing gets the same rewards as working hard.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's because you're not poor enough yet for the liberals to target and not Rich enough to contribute to either parties coffers. Just keep paying your inflated taxes, buying and you'll be poor soon enough. There's no real upward mobility anymore unless your talking about cash flow. Neither party has any use for you outside you doing your as a consumer

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Maybe it's a cause of natural selection or perhaps Karma.

I have no idea what a "low 1%" life is like and I really don't care but whatever you have must have come from the low 99 percent of the peasant population. There must be balance in the universe. You got our money and our sweat. Now, you have to pay for that sweat - I'm guessing.

BTW, I don't hate you, nor would I ever begrudge you anything. We're here to become all that we wish to be, or not.

Your money and sweat?

How about my sweat?

I dont sit around doing nothing. I work 9-5 or sometimes 7-6 in a high stress enviroment. Im not getting paid to do bugger all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join