It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does everyone hate the middle classes?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't know where you are from, but I will assume it's the U.S.

He's from the UK, just whinging about the taxes he pays and feeling like the world owes him a favour because he chose bio-sciences as his career path.
Choose something else I say, he is not forced to be a whining sheep-like snowflake employee lol

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Exactly!

Maybe people like me and your husband should just go on strike?

Bet they will change there tune when they can't get hold of the treatments for their child's asthma or there elderly relatives heart meds....

Won't be sheep or whinger a then....

But we won't cause we are not bastards like that.

Someone else will do your job, stop whinging, you are not special.
Do you expect us to gush with love for you and say thanks for your service or something?!
Give me a #ing break fella, and get over yourself lol

*Edit*
I was in public service for years in my previous career life, I got bored with it and resigned.
You know what happened then? Somebody else filled my vacant position.
You are not special, just a whinge bag.
edit on 8.3.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes, and his point is that even with your contributions, you wouldn't have those things without his work, but he ends up taking it in the shorts in taxes anyhow even WITH your contributions. So you punish him for the privilege.

If he and people like him stopped doing what they do because they are tired of paying to do it ... where would you be?

Exactly!

Bet they will change there tune when they can't get hold of the treatments for their child's asthma or there elderly relatives heart meds....

Ok without this degrading into a class war how much tax do you feel you should pay for the services you receive as a UK citizen? genuine question.

To be fair I have given you several options to overcome your frustration at the amount of tax you pay but you don't seem to like any of them?

link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You two have clearly displayed a inability to read.

I have stated I believe FOUR times in happy to pay my income tax and NI as it stands NOW.

I just don't like future tax that will hit me harder than most.

link   

okay. i'll leave you to it then!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Bollocks, the tax will affect anyone in the same income bracket.
Whinge bag.

If you don't like it go self-employed, you know, no sick pay, no holiday pay, no pension, but free to control the tax you pay.
Typical entitled employee sheep.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You two have clearly displayed a inability to read.

I have stated I believe FOUR times in happy to pay my income tax and NI as it stands NOW.

Are you reffering to this then? link

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Does it not seem a bit ironic that you are perpetuating the same kind of stereotypes that cause you to wonder why?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Yes, and his point is that even with your contributions, you wouldn't have those things without his work, but he ends up taking it in the shorts in taxes anyhow even WITH your contributions. So you punish him for the privilege.

If he and people like him stopped doing what they do because they are tired of paying to do it ... where would you be?

Exactly!

Ok without this degrading into a class war how much tax do you feel you should pay for the services you receive as a UK citizen? genuine question.

To be fair I have given you several options to overcome your frustration at the amount of tax you pay but you don't seem to like any of them?

Again I am happy at CURRENT tax rates.

And I actually do work through a umbrella company to claim back travel expenses.

The rant is the plan the goverment has to remove the ability to claim Back travel expanses.

That to me is wrong when:
Our trains and roads are expensive junk not fit for service

MP get to claim there travel

They are doing this to "close " tax loop holes but instead of going after the corperations and millionairs that are dodging tax they are just hitting hard working middle income contractors like me.

This law may even hit some of self employed.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I couldn't give a toss if it does, I'll navigate my way around it without whinging, as I do with all taxes.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I couldn't give a toss what class anyone is.

But I hate anyone who displays their 'class' as a badge of honour
And I hate the indignant, self-indulgent, pretentious and moralising.

Strangely enough they tend to be the same type of people.

"Middle class" wasn't really meant as a social class or "I am better than you" way.
It was meant in a economic sense.
Writing middle class was easier than writing "those earning between £40-150k"
Which is funny cause some of the idiots on this thread might get hit by the same contractor tax claim changes too

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Exactly!

And I actually do work through a umbrella company to claim back travel expenses.

The rant is the plan the goverment has to remove the ability to claim Back travel expanses.

They are doing this to "close " tax loop holes but instead of going after the corperations and millionairs that are dodging tax they are just hitting hard working middle income contractors like me.

So what you are saying in effect then is that until now you have been able to use a beneficial tax dodge to claim travel expenses and this is now going to stop.

As long as you could claim tax relief on this you did not mind about the cost of travel as you got it cheap while lower earners did not have this option and had to pay full whack.

Now you have to pay the same amount to get to your 60k job as a fireman on say 34k does you feel you are being victimised?

Have I got this correct now?

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Rich people are too powerful to be picked on.

Poor people don't have anything to take.

That leaves us middle class.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Freeborn

...and those who feel the world owes them a favour because they chose a particular career path...lol lame.

I'm not asking for any favours!

Just the #ing governent to stop bleeding the £40-150k tax band for money.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I offset allsorts off my tax bill, mobile phone, landline, Internet, petrol, tools, blah you name it, the UK is a good place to do business in...only 'middle class' employees bitch about taxes lol

So because I decided to go the professional skills route and do a high tec job (one that needs to be done by the way or you wouldn't get your FREE medication on the NHS) I therefore am a sucker and deserve to shoulder most the UK tax burden?

You could always look at relocating whilst we are still able to move freely.

The Cayman islands look particularly favourable.

Income tax comparisons

I may well do that.

Which you may cheer.

But don't complain if you then get a "brain drain" and all the skilled labour jump abroad.......
All the high tec company providing hundreds of thousands of jobs will move too......

Good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Which is funny cause some of the idiots on this thread might get hit by the same contractor tax claim changes too

Yeah, I'm an idiot who effectively navigates HMRC rules and takes the piss quite nicely.
If you struggle to do that then maybe you should consider alternative options instead of bleating and making out you are some kind of saint because you chose bio-science as a career.
We are in the same earning bracket, just nobody owns me in the way you are owned as an employee.
That is your choice though fella, no-one else's.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I offset allsorts off my tax bill, mobile phone, landline, Internet, petrol, tools, blah you name it, the UK is a good place to do business in...only 'middle class' employees bitch about taxes lol

So because I decided to go the professional skills route and do a high tec job (one that needs to be done by the way or you wouldn't get your FREE medication on the NHS) I therefore am a sucker and deserve to shoulder most the UK tax burden?

You could always look at relocating whilst we are still able to move freely.

The Cayman islands look particularly favourable.

Income tax comparisons

I may well do that.

Which you may cheer.

But don't complain if you then get a "brain drain" and all the skilled labour jump abroad.......
All the high tec company providing hundreds of thousands of jobs will move too......

Good luck with that.

Why would I cheer? I enjoy your presence on the boards and I imagine they have the internet in the Cayman islands.

You just seem to be having one of those first world problems that seem so popular these days.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Exactly!

So what you are saying in effect then is that until now you have been able to use a beneficial tax dodge to claim travel expenses and this is now going to stop.

As long as you could claim tax relief on this you did not mind about the cost of travel as you got it cheap while lower earners did not have this option and had to pay full whack.

Now you have to pay the same amount to get to your 60k job as a fireman on say 34k does you feel you are being victimised?

Have I got this correct now?

Not a "dodge".

Money and recepts are going to the tax office with no hideing or anything .

All above board. And low earners can and do use the EXACT same thing to.

Hyprocracy as you and Gran were erging me go self employed to CLAIM THE EXACT SAME #ING THING!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I advocate any and all lawful tax avoidance schemes, and if anyone fails to avail themselves of the options out there then tough #, and stop whinging I say.
You choose to be an employee.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The fact we don't bleat and make a fuss is maybe WHY the goverment keep targeting our income group.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join